Are Fedor fans the GOAT users of the "past his prime" excuse?

Shogun fans (which I'm one of) are far worse. He has never lost a fight where he was healthy/prepared/motivated/in his prime.

Hendo? You saw the fight right? Or did you just see the result on sherdog.

No, I saw it. We all saw it. Fedor went limp. He lost.

Werdum- maybe werdum wins 1 out of 5 but fedor would be the favorite imo.

Your opinion is wrong.

Big foot-stop trolling

Yeah, it's not like Bigfoot gave Fedor the worst beating of life or anything...

Question: have the majority of said fighters opponents been deliberately overmatched tomatoe cans?
Comparing him with Anderson and GSP, he's got no more cans on his record than Anderson, and 15 more fights than GSP. His top caliber wins compare with either

Every fan says that about all their favorite fighters like Chuck Liddell as well

It's pretty obvious silva hasn't been in his prime in a long time.

Fighters do get old I know it's crazy

I don't get why people don't believe he was past his prime.

Even in the Sylvia and Arlovski fight, all he did was plod forward and throw bombs. His quickness, his finesse, it had clearly faded by then.

Oh look a known Fedor hater named "MMAEXP3RT" making a Fedor thread.

Yeah, his 30 second destruction of Tim Sylvia, and one punch KO of Arlovski really looked bad.

Fedor was the same Fedor he was in Pride, when he lost. It happens. He's not Superman.

At least use the "couldn't adjust to the cage" excuse. This "past his prime" shit is pure nonsense.

his hail mary shot against Arlovski and wide blitzing of Sylvia aren't exactly his measured breakdowns of Nogueira and Cro Cop bruv.

Before he was unbeatable/super human. Now hes just the best heavy wieght on the planet.

Who would beat him?

Werdum-not a chance. It was luck the first fight he fell into a submission after werdum was heart and it was early so he wasnt sweating and couldnt escape. Fedor by what ever he wants in the rematch

Cain-fights once every 2-3 years and isnt impressive anyways. People just like him because hes mexican

Jds-fedor by ko

Rothwell- fedor by decision

Bigfoot-not without more trt

Jones- maybe, jones is in his prime. Fedor is 40. That said i still think its 50/50

When people bad mouth fedor they just sound like idiots. They also think anderson silva is over rated. Aldo sucked. And tim sylvia was only champ by a fluke. Yet they think conner is so great they bought his reebok kits. Idiots....
I'm stoned. I can't stop laughing. Thank you for this.

Before he was unbeatable/super human. Now hes just the best heavy wieght on the planet.

Who would beat him?

Werdum-not a chance. It was luck the first fight he fell into a submission after werdum was heart and it was early so he wasnt sweating and couldnt escape. Fedor by what ever he wants in the rematch

Cain-fights once every 2-3 years and isnt impressive anyways. People just like him because hes mexican

Jds-fedor by ko

Jones- maybe, jones is in his prime. Fedor is 40. That said i still think its 50/50

When people bad mouth fedor they just sound like idiots. They also think anderson silva is over rated. Aldo sucked. And tim sylvia was only champ by a fluke. Yet they think conner is so great they bought his reebok kits. Idiots....
Now THAT'S some top shelf trolling.

Yeah, his 30 second destruction of Tim Sylvia, and one punch KO of Arlovski really looked bad.

Fedor was the same Fedor he was in Pride, when he lost. It happens. He's not Superman.

At least use the "couldn't adjust to the cage" excuse. This "past his prime" shit is pure nonsense.
your reply is pure nonsense

Idk, but Fedor deniers are the p4p 2nd hardest workers on the MMA-related internet.

#1 try-hards being Conor hypers.

Yeah, fighters being past their prime due to age is such a tired excuse. We all know as you get older your body should remain the same as it was when you were 24. It's not that fighters like Fedor are "past their prime", it's just that these new breeds of fighters are exposing fighters like Fedor for what they are - slow and weak. This goes for any sport. Wayne Gretzky? He's just afraid of getting on the ice again where he will be exposed by superior, elite players like Jonathan Toews. Michael Jordan? He can still dunk from center court, but the new breed of players like Lebron wouldn't even let Jordan touch the ball.

You're totally right, TS. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, it's not like Bigfoot gave Fedor the worst beating of life or anything...
Yes , Bigfoots 60 pound weight advantage and being on Steroids gave him his best fight ever that night. The ref called the fight in between the 2nd and 3rd rounds due to swelling on/above Fedor's eye.

Crazy to think that a fighter with 40+ MMA fights and thousands of Sambo and Judo matches is going to have wear n' tear that will make him not as good at fighting as when he was in his 20s isn't it?

Who would beat him?

Jds-fedor by ko

Exactly. The way he ran through Jai Deep proves definitively that he would smash Werdum in a rematch.

A guy named mmaexpert with a stupid avatar asking even stupider questions. Shocking.

My favorite fighter of all time is Fedor Emilanenko, when he lost to Fabricio Werdum i was very disappointed. But i never once used he was "over the hill" excuse, was he the same as of 2005? Obviously not, and i knew how great Werdum's BJJ was at the time. He also lost terribly to Giant Silva, i said he should stop fighting because i just didnt think he was fast enough anymore. He was getting beat, and thats that. In MMA the fans are a very fickle bunch and sometimes certain fans just cant accept defeat when it comes to someone they are emotionally invested in.

Who would beat him?

Jds-fedor by ko

Ah with the Werdum fight I think Fedor was clearly past it by then if you judge the performance before that fight against Rogers it was pretty obvious that Fedor had declined considerably he couldn't finish the armbar he put on Rogers
which was the same one he had on Coleman in their first fight,also didn't have his most important weapon for setting up clinches the corkscrew punch or had a shit version of the punch,he just generally didn't seem the same because I can
always remember him attacking first with confidence where as in the fights after Rogers he just seems not as confident
and would fight as a counter striker which struck me as odd,
it probably had something to do with his training in Holland which I thought was a mistake because his style of striking and approach had always works for him in the past.

As far as Fedor facing the top ranked guys now well I'm not so sure he would become champion because lets face he's
not the same fighter he was in the mid 2000's,on the other
hand if it was the version from back then I would probably pick Fedor over everyone you listed and to prove this if you remember Werdum back then he was getting beaten by Kharitonov and Nog while Fedor was levels above everyone,I
know that people would say that Werdum has improved so much but in my opinion I see no difference what so ever in
Werdum from when he was in pride I mean he had the same striking back than as he has now he outstruck Sergei for the
first half of their before Sergei stared getting into rhythem,I can also remeber him subbing Zentsov and Reem so his
sub skills were also the same back then as they are now,if anything back in the mid 2000's Werdum had much better cardio than now,its just that fake fans like to pull the this fighter has improved so much and its just because their on a winning streak and are in the media as soon as said fighter loses its they were shit all along.

Back