Apparently, an AR15 is different than a gun!

So all major news is controlled and written with an agenda.

Many times the media portrays the AR they use stuff like this.

54c81281-8f49-4f52-a781-e4dd48863f15.jpeg

That doesn't have a bump stock on it btw. It does have a suppressor(heavily regulated) and an M203 grenade launcher(very illegal).

USA-today-chart.jpg

At least they accurately depict a bump stock. But then they follow it up with.

Screen-Shot-2017-11-08-at-3.25.54-PM-540x357.png

Some don't and some do know, regardless they all use the term assault rifle incorrectly. Regardless if they are uneducated on them or lying they(media and anti law makers) are saying things that aren't true while pushing control for them.

People ignorant of guns, lead by the media/law makers will think regular people can walk in to a gunshow or store and walk out with full autos and whatever other nonsense they spout. As a result getting those people to support the media's/lawmakers proposals.

i dont usually buy the "media" has "an agenda" stuff. i think their agenda is to make money, and the best way to do that is to tell people what they want to hear. i dont think theyre actively trying to sway opinions that often....if they are, then it doesnt work. study after study shows that most people only follow media that they ALREADY agree with, or like the flavor of.

as for the assault rifle issue, i think its ok to think "the media" is silly or ignorant for pushing more gun regulations. i believe im of the opinion now though, that you shouldnt be too upset over their incorrect use of the term assault rifle. what difference does it really make? is a semi auto rifle really any less deadly than a full auto? i think for most purposes, a semi auto might actually be MORE deadly.

Yes. Full auto is essentially banned, less accurate and only good for suppressive fire. 99.9999999% of its use (like bumpstocks) is to shoot dirt and have fun honestly

well this is my point.

people in here are complaining that the media is trying to scare people with the "assault rifle" phrase.....then many of you are pointing out that semi auto may actually be MORE effective. do you see where im going with this?

well this is my point.

people in here are complaining that the media is trying to scare people with the "assault rifle" phrase.....then many of you are pointing out that semi auto may actually be MORE effective. do you see where im going with this?
A repeal of the Hughes amendment, reopening the machine gun registry and banning of neutered semi auto only rifles? Gotta make them safer right?

There's also people out there that point out that Vegas could've had fatalities replicated using a handful of sub MOA bolt action rifles as he only fatally shot someone once ever 10 seconds. People can easily hit 1,000 yard targets at that distance consistently accurately with a decent bolt action.

Nothing worse than those anti-2nd amendment people, especially those that want to stop me from owning a tank and grenades!

Who the fuck am I supposed to stop the govt tyranny with only guns!?!?!?

If he doesn't know the definition of what semi-automatic and automatic are, and the media has been championing against these things for 25 plus years he is a no nothing lazy hack.

I give him the benefit of doubt that he has done 10 minutes of research into the opposing viewpoint in his long career of punditry.

Just like this, host gets told the definition of semi automatic vs automatic (after using both interchangeably) then does the whole "I'm not listening to you" routine

Rand needed to nail Whoopi harder on that. She is your typical liberal idiot.

Rand needed to nail Whoopi harder on that. She is your typical liberal idiot.
He's too nice typically.
Nothing worse than those anti-2nd amendment people, especially those that want to stop me from owning a tank and grenades!

Who the fuck am I supposed to stop the govt tyranny with only guns!?!?!?
Grenades are legal, $200 stamp for each, tanks are legal as well, most of the ones you see in museums are owned by old or rich hobbyists who don't have places to store them.

But hey, I'm not here to sarcastically make a point about your 1st amendment rights, so toss out your fallacies and enjoy yourself

A repeal of the Hughes amendment, reopening the machine gun registry and banning of neutered semi auto only rifles? Gotta make them safer right?

what?

There's also people out there that point out that Vegas could've had fatalities replicated using a handful of sub MOA bolt action rifles as he only fatally shot someone once ever 10 seconds. People can easily hit 1,000 yard targets at that distance consistently accurately with a decent bolt action.

no

so you think that he would have killed just as many people with a bolt action?

what?

no

so you think that he would have killed just as many people with a bolt action?
Ban the sale of semi automatic "assault rifle" copies, mandate they be put on the NFA machine gun registry and treat them as such (giggle switch and all) there's over 3 million NFA devices in this country (600,000 or so machine guns) and as far as my research shows me only 3 times has something on the NFA been used in the commission of a crime.

Closing the machine gun registry (then the 94 Assault weapons ban) created the cottage industry for rate accelerating devices. Scared of evil bumpstocks? Should've left the registry ipen, anyone who would buy a $400 bumpstock, would've easily and happily bought a $200 tax stamp and submitted to the NFA where ALL transfers are overseen by the ATF, FBI and your local police.

YES, 58 people shot and killed in ten minutes, cowering in corners, unable to see in the dark, not able to find exits etc. he could've matched the fatalities with lower injuries, that is one target shot every ten seconds to get to 60 people in his 10 minute shooting spree.

Bolt guns are accurate as hell now, I can buy a bolt action 308 rifle right now for under $300, that is guaranteed to shoot a 1" group at 100 yards, that's smaller than an average persons head at Vegas shooting distances.

I never said he would injure 500+ tho so don't mistake that

what difference does it really make?

I think it does sway public opinion(of those who are uneducated) or that it is where people unfamiliar with guns get their education on guns from.

fair enough.

but is semi auto vs auto REALLY that big of a distinction? you guys are acting as if theyre comparing muskets and uzi's.

To my wallet it is about a $20-30,000 difference to own for a M4/M16.

Depends on the gun. When you are talking about full auto that opens the door to a wide variety of stuff.

6a00d8341bfadb53ef00e54f4417d28833-640wi.jpg

But if you are talking M4 vs AR15.

Comparing rates of fire.

Realistically you could get a consistent sustained fire rate of about 5 rounds per second(I'd say as fast as 8 but that is for fast shooters and their finger will tire quickly) vs 10-16 rounds per second(depends on what it is tuned to) consistently with no trigger fatigue.

Full auto isn't really that great for shooting a multitude of targets. It is faster to hit several targets with semi auto. Full auto is mostly used for suppressive fire or blasting a single target at close range. For example a criminal shooting at a parked police car with 1-2 officers inside. I think full auto would be an advantage in a situation like that. Actually let me contradict my first statement of this paragraph. Say a very crowded area with the shooter engaging at close range. Something like M249 ^(pic) is definitely the more deadly choice.

The real advantage of select fire imo is burst fire. 2-3 rounds(ideally 2) per trigger pull. That is a very real advantage over semi auto.

well this is my point.

Media, lawmakers, uneducated voters think full auto is significantly more deadly(absolutely can be and imo burst fire is best). Then media and law makers call semi autos "assault rifles" misleading people to believe full autos are easy to get, millions of people have them and they are being used in crimes. Then bills are proposed and the media, anti law makers and uneducated voters push for the bill...

EVERY gun out there (okay 98% of guns out there) is military style, your monte carlo style stocks, open sights and integrated box magazines are military features. The ergonomics of a pistol grip and a collapsing stock make it so my 6' self can hand over an AR15 style rifle to my wife, she can adjust the length of pull on it to suit her 5'2 frane and shoot it comfortably.

Antiquated military styling. Not modern military styling.
None of these duds are fantasizing about getting their revenge on their peers with a trapdoor Springfield.

What the germans did is become the first people to create an intermediate cartridge that worked well in a smaller package. The world already had things like the ppsh, thompson, DPM and the BAR that either fired a smaller pistol caliber cartridge, or a larger full sized cartridge. And yes, the BAR was available with a pistol grip and so was the DPM, they had detachable box magazines as well.

They recognised the reality of combat distances in WWII and the utility of a rifle designed specifically for them, rather than a combination of submachine guns for close range and battle rifles at distance.
That basic concept has seen no real change since.

Look at the serial killer 'craze' in the 60s-80s the media was all over that, those were the hot ticket stories of the time. Lots of copycats, lots of coverage for seemingly every one of them, then one day the media blacked it out and it dwindled almost immediately. Time to ignore these spree shooters, quit over prescribing anti anxiety, mental illness etc drugs to everybody and treat the real issues

Makes sense, and it's been suggested a lot. The same applies to terrorist attacks. With the rise of the internet there's no centralised control over the dissemination of information though, and people are interested.

They're going to live their entire lives with this butthurt of wanting to pass gun control that isn't going to happen and that gives me joy. The stress will reduce many years of their lives and my joy of it will add many years to mine.

I pray that it makes up for the years you lost stressing over your friend cheating on your other friend and you “snitching”.

Antiquated military styling. Not modern military styling.
None of these duds are fantasizing about getting their revenge on their peers with a trapdoor Springfield.

They recognised the reality of combat distances in WWII and the utility of a rifle designed specifically for them, rather than a combination of submachine guns for close range and battle rifles at distance.
That basic concept has seen no real change since.

Makes sense, and it's been suggested a lot. The same applies to terrorist attacks. With the rise of the internet there's no centralised control over the dissemination of information though, and people are interested.
Every generation of firearms are influenced by what would be modern military style arms, your WWI vets came home with a familiarity of the code of arms with their bolt action springfields (or mausers) and 1911 pistols. WWII vets came home with their knowledge or the code of arms for their BARs, and M1 garands. The Vietnam vets came back familiar with their M16s. The gulf war vets came home knowing the M4, their baretta M9s and whatever captured weapons they had the chance to familiarize themselves with. A VAST amount of gun owners who buy these "evil assault rifles" are combat vets or children of vets and grew up with the type of gun so they are familiar with it and prefer to shoot it.

but is semi auto vs auto REALLY that big of a distinction? you guys are acting as if theyre comparing muskets and uzi's.

If it's not, and semi-auto remains legal, then you'd have no problem re-opening or altogether jettisoning the full-auto registry?

If it's not, and semi-auto remains legal, then you'd have no problem re-opening or altogether jettisoning the full-auto registry?
Even our own government in 1968 thought "it would be nice to have a way to find any illegal full auto weapons out there" and offered an amnesty to locate machine guns, so they could know who had what. Quite a lot of weapons turned up, with many, many more still out in the wild. They turn up at quite a normal pace as well.

Should open it up, for all of our safety...

i suppose.

my main issue is that the type of guns allowed isnt necessarily as important as the amount that are available. have you sever seen the chris rock skit about bullets costing 5k? that was funny, but i think there is a legitimate point found within.

Should be opened up simply for the purpose of Constitutional integrity. :cool:
I'll use the safety excuse because I'm sure some politicians would jump on board of that reason, and take a dump on our founding documents.

"Someone think of the children we need to track these machineguns"

i suppose.

my main issue is that the type of guns allowed isnt necessarily as important as the amount that are available. have you sever seen the chris rock skit about bullets costing 5k? that was funny, but i think there is a legitimate point found within.

I imagine quantity is less important than distribution.

Yes I have. Love Chris Rock. Two problems there though. One is you're pricing the poor out of exercising a fundamental right. The other is that reloading is a well-established and highly prevalent practice among shooters. Grabbers would need to enact prohibition on gunpowder and forming metals into casings and bullets. We all know how prohibition creates as many problems as it solves.

Back