Anyone use the trap bar / hex bar deadlift?

I've had some serious lower back issues and I find the straight bar places a lot of strain on it. The trap bar does not. My deepest and most sincere apologies.
You should have been more clear in your initial post.

You should have been more clear in your initial post.

I mean, it was pretty clear to me. Thinking your back will hurt less when you're more upright is not some crazy pants out-there theory. It's a shorter moment arm, so there's less shear.

I like my trap bar but the handles are really thin and the knurling is a bitch it just shreds my hands. If I want to go heavy I have to use wrist straps.

The only one I've seen in a long time is the one at my local 24-hour gym, and it has rotating handles, which I thought was odd. And counterproductive, I found it hard to use.

I mean, it was pretty clear to me. Thinking your back will hurt less when you're more upright is not some crazy pants out-there theory. It's a shorter moment arm, so there's less shear.
Careful, don't want to embarrass him in front of the cool kids.

And you should have been less of a prick, but hey here we are.
I'm easily triggered due the extreme number of people I've encountered on forums over the years who deadlift with a trap bar because it's "safer" and they don't want to risk hurting their back.

I'm easily triggered due the extreme number of people I've encountered on forums over the years who deadlift with a trap bar because it's "safer" and they don't want to risk hurting their back.
Nah you're easily triggered because you're a prick who is overly interested in looking cool on the sub forum of a karate message board.

Congratulations.

Nah you're easily triggered because you're a prick who is overly interested in looking cool on the sub forum of a karate message board.

Congratulations.

#triggered

The only one I've seen in a long time is the one at my local 24-hour gym, and it has rotating handles, which I thought was odd. And counterproductive, I found it hard to use.

I've never seen one with rotating handles. Sounds ghey.

I am, actually. I have no issue admitting that.

Does that make you sad, big guy?
The only sad thing itt is your pathetic attempts to look hip in front of usernames on a sub forum that sees 50 posts a day.

I use both a bar and hex bar for deadlifts. Just a different grip and weight placement. Hex bar seems more fluid.

I also do mainly front squats instead of back squats.

Back