Anyone thinks Ludwig is overrated?

Good coach for sure, seems very annoying tho, I was ludwigged out after an hour when he was on the jre

JX0fQcJ.jpg

He almost lost his shit when Rogan interrupted him a couple times.

The improvement to Alpha male when he jumped on board was clear as day

And ive worked with one of his students for a bit and his system is sound enough

Also shared a gym with him when he was with Trevor Whittman. Came off like a nice dude

so no TS you are wrong

get in here so i can shame you and point out your wrongness

The improvement to Alpha male when he jumped on board was clear as day

And ive worked with one of his students for a bit and his system is sound enough

Also shared a gym with him when he was with Trevor Whittman. Came off like a nice dude

so no TS you are wrong

get in here so i can shame you and point out your wrongness
did ludwig give you a belt?

He was a strong fighter and is now a very talented coach. TAM is still working under precepts he developed.
Uriajah Faber was a great fighter, but I wouldn't trust him to tell me the color of orange juice. He's one of those guys who thinks self-promotion allows him to distort reality.

For real though - Ludwig was an animal in his early days - smashing up Genki Sudo...
When did that happen? Because it certainly didn't happen at UFC 42, and I have to question whether you've actually seen the fight if you think it did.
Ludwig was ineffective on the feet and got smashed on the ground and against the cage badly enough in R3 that they paused the action so a doctor could check his cut. Then they inexplicably restart the fight on the feet, where he did nothing special. The UFC literally changed the rules after that fight to restart the fight in the same position as when the action was paused...and even then, I'd have scored the fight 29-28 for Genki. He landed the only clean takedowns--even if you credit Ludwig for the two times Sudo failed to pull guard effectively--and Genki outworked him on the bottom and absolutely rearranged his face on the top. Watch the fight again and turn down the biased commentary from Baroni and Rogan, it's on youtube somewhere. Even if you somehow score it for Bang, the only "smashing" that got done was on Ludwig's nose.

As soon as he joined all of alpha male made a pretty noticeable improvement in their stand up. Hard to assume that they all peaked when he came by coincidence

He hasn’t produced any good fighter. He’s just taking credit for tj that team alpha male trained. i hate him because I feel like he’s ruining Muay Thai in America by adding belts and he looks like a weasel. I also believe everything Faber said about him. What’s your 2 cents?

I don’t know the specifics, it’s hard to be sure.

It is annoying to hear people on this forum constantly repeat and believe anything Joe Rogan says.

I believe that TJ has always been a gifted striker that would have been successful with any decent trainer.

IDK man, I did not listen to the podcast but, interupting people is rude and personally I do not really care for it when it happens to me. Add on the fact that if someone wanted me to go on their podcast so they could ask me questions then could not control themselves long enough for me to finish a thought I would be especially mad. Just seems like he expects people to have some manners that is not a personality disorder.
That isn't how it was or how Rogan's podcasts are. They're basically long back and forth conversations. Ludwig was turning it into a speech and when Rogan would try and re-enter the conversation, Ludwig was ready to flip out. It was very weird. Maybe you should listen to the podcast before having an opinion on the topic man.

Yes it was a coincidence. Chad Mendez just tko jury after a 2 year ban...without ludwig
Yeah? That's AFTER he was coached by Ludwig for multiple years. When he had that ridiculous streak of like 5 consecutive KOs, that was under the direct tutelage of Ludwig. Just because he was suspended for two years doesn't mean he's just going to forget everything he was taught.

Why shouldn't Ludwig take credit for TJ's growth?

TJ has become for refined since working with Ludwig. I doubt if Ludwig were not there, TJ wouldn't have ever beaten Barao.

talked me into buying some peanut butter ...can vouch

When did that happen? Because it certainly didn't happen at UFC 42, and I have to question whether you've actually seen the fight if you think it did.
Ludwig was ineffective on the feet and got smashed on the ground and against the cage badly enough in R3 that they paused the action so a doctor could check his cut. Then they inexplicably restart the fight on the feet, where he did nothing special. The UFC literally changed the rules after that fight to restart the fight in the same position as when the action was paused...and even then, I'd have scored the fight 29-28 for Genki. He landed the only clean takedowns--even if you credit Ludwig for the two times Sudo failed to pull guard effectively--and Genki outworked him on the bottom and absolutely rearranged his face on the top. Watch the fight again and turn down the biased commentary from Baroni and Rogan, it's on youtube somewhere. Even if you somehow score it for Bang, the only "smashing" that got done was on Ludwig's nose.

Granted - it might have looked different without the stand up but - yeah - Duane looked awesome in that fight.

Even to this day - there's very few strikers that show that level of technical refinement.

Punches, kicks, knees to the body - he's a smart fighter.

The only real moments Sudo had in that fight were some fake/trip takedowns, and some strikes from the top - and that was the boring period of the fight.

My opinion on Ludwig is - he's obviously got some character flaws, but that seems to be consistent with dudes that strive for something unprecedented.

His fight career got cut short - which sucks - but again, seems to happen often with guys that have so much talent - life moves forward, and presents its demands; it can be difficult to hold onto what they had in their youth.

Good striking coach though. Head coach? Idk. But it isn't some coincidence that when he started up at Alpha Male all those wrasslers started knocking bitches out

I don’t think it can just be ignored that many of the Team Alpha Male guys are clearly some of the best athletes in the business and likely only needed slight technical improvements to become great strikers due to their athleticism. Maybe I’m just drawing a blank at the moment, but I can’t think of anybody he’s coached who wasn’t already a great athlete to begin with.

I’d like to see him take a complete nobody before I’d truly say he’s an amazing coach and not somebody who while a great striker is also definitely benefiting from amazing students.

IDK man, I did not listen to the podcast but, interupting people is rude and personally I do not really care for it when it happens to me. Add on the fact that if someone wanted me to go on their podcast so they could ask me questions then could not control themselves long enough for me to finish a thought I would be especially mad. Just seems like he expects people to have some manners that is not a personality disorder.

Nah, it was weird. Rogan wasn't really cutting Ludwig off as much as they were just being conversational and then the way that Ludwig tried to immediately laugh it off both times ever though he definitely seemed legitimately pissed off just made it way weirder.

Have hated him since he got that undeserved win over Genki.

He hasn’t produced any good fighter. He’s just taking credit for tj that team alpha male trained. i hate him because I feel like he’s ruining Muay Thai in America by adding belts and he looks like a weasel. I also believe everything Faber said about him. What’s your 2 cents?

This is just a rant. You obviously havent seen any training footage of Ludwig and this "I also believe everything Faber said" just shows you dont have much knowledge about people.

If you want to judge Ludwig as a professional talk to professionals who trained with him and look up his training footage. He is a difficult person to deal with but definitely one of the best coaches in the business by a mile. And yeah the belt system is dumb and just a money grab. There you are right.

I never thought he was that special as a fighter and his stand up acomplishents are overrated but as a coach there is no denying.

Nah. Both Dillashaw and Mendes improved alot with Ludwig.
Ludwig was also a good fighter.

I don’t think it can just be ignored that many of the Team Alpha Male guys are clearly some of the best athletes in the business and likely only needed slight technical improvements to become great strikers due to their athleticism.

becoming a more refined striker isnt a simple matter of athleticism.

Team alpha male was a gym full of fantastic wrestlers who despite working with a thai boxing coach for sometime werent developing notable striking until ludwig came aboard and began directing them.. Not to mention theres plenty of brilliant grapplers who dont pick up striking despite their athleticism in one sport.

Look at the difference among their own camp for example. Faber seemed to but heads with Ludwig the most and what happened He fought exactly how he fought previously while others who had better relations with him excelled

Have hated him since he got that undeserved win over Genki.

He beat Sudo fairly convincingly.

Anyone who disagrees - basically doesn't know how to score mma - and probably doesn't even trane bro.

Back