Anyone thinks Ludwig is overrated?

• Bas Rutten Black Belt
  • 2014 Coached TJ Dillashaw to UFC World Title
  • 2x UFC Coach of the year (2013 & 2014)
  • Fastest Knockout in UFC History (0:06)
  • Only K1-MAX Champion to compete in the UFC }
winning a K-1 tournament in the US doesn't make him a k-1 Max champion.

Fight smart and perfect match for Tyler Jeffery. Don’t think he has what it takes to be a head coach of a big team though. More a one on one guru.

becoming a more refined striker isnt a simple matter of athleticism.

Team alpha male was a gym full of fantastic wrestlers who despite working with a thai boxing coach for sometime werent developing notable striking until ludwig came aboard and began directing them.. Not to mention theres plenty of brilliant grapplers who dont pick up striking despite their athleticism in one sport.

Look at the difference among their own camp for example. Faber seemed to but heads with Ludwig the most and what happened He fought exactly how he fought previously while others who had better relations with him excelled

I don’t think Master Thong was much of a master though.

I’m saying yes he’s a good coach, but also it shouldn’t be ignored he had really good students who needed to be shown what to do

You know nothing about TJs development if you think Ludwig didn't help his striking.

He's strange but he's still a good coach

Took TJ & Ludwigs side ever since the split.
I was proven right by how TAM acted on the TUF season and how Cody acted leading up their fight & how he handled the loss.

Why shouldn't Ludwig take credit for TJ's growth?

TJ has become for refined since working with Ludwig. I doubt if Ludwig were not there, TJ wouldn't have ever beaten Barao.

Was Ludwig at TAM for the Barao fights?
TJ trained with Master Thong for a long time before that.

He hasn’t produced any good fighter. He’s just taking credit for tj that team alpha male trained. i hate him because I feel like he’s ruining Muay Thai in America by adding belts and he looks like a weasel. I also believe everything Faber said about him. What’s your 2 cents?

He is decent. I feel henri hooft is more overrated as a coach

after him dillashaw and chad became striking monsters. enough said

• Bas Rutten Black Belt
  • 2014 Coached TJ Dillashaw to UFC World Title
  • 2x UFC Coach of the year (2013 & 2014)
  • Fastest Knockout in UFC History (0:06)
  • Only K1-MAX Champion to compete in the UFC }

He was not a k1 max champion

the guy is mad because he created a belt system ffs. cordeiro did the same and I don't see people hating on him

He definitely seems like he knows his shit. TJ is a very smart guy, so if he says that he is a great coach. I believe him..

He took team alpha male to new heights and has the fastest KO in UFC history.

So why shit on him?

I've never seen anyone overhype him fans just like his fighting style and attitude towards things.

Plus his history with Bas is pretty cool too. imo

He's a good striking coach but is definitely a strange guy. Just watch his podcast with Rogan. He's got like a personality disorder or some shit. He almost lost his shit when Rogan interrupted him a couple times.

Good striking coach though. Head coach? Idk. But it isn't some coincidence that when he started up at Alpha Male all those wrasslers started knocking bitches out
To be fair, he probably has cte.

Okay so - we've established he's a good coach, was a great fighter....

Now - can we please continue with some jokes about "bang butter", racism, woman-hating, and mooching money??

I'm not hating on the guy - I think he's ultra cool.

But this thing about selling peanut butter and ragging on women during class is HILARIOUS.

What were some of the jokes Uriah made on the mma hour?
Something Duane did to a black guy in the class also?

JX0fQcJ.jpg

Joe woulda kettlebelled the fuck outta him if it got serious.

Was Ludwig at TAM for the Barao fights?
TJ trained with Master Thong for a long time before that.
Yeah, I believe Ludwig first arrived back in 2013. This is when Chad become more of a striker and Dillashaw just got better etc. Faber.. kind of looked the same, because he was too stubborn lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back