Anyone Now Wish That Johnson Had Knocked Khabib Out?

You would think retirement talk after fucking up the fight of the year were enough to end the Habib Apologist White Knight Cavalry but they seem to be bending over for him even more now.

Fanboyism is a strange phenomenon.

You would think retirement talk after fucking up the fight of the year were enough to end the Habib Apologist White Knight Cavalry but they seem to be bending over for him even more now.

Fanboyism is a strange phenomenon.

Having health issues with a weight cut is a perfectly good reason not to fight regardless of who the opponent is.

I could care less how many times a fighter misses weight.

Looking forward to watching Khabib fight again just like i'm looking forward to watching Ferguson.

Fuck every fan making a big deal out of weight failures. Gives free money to their opponents.

*I couldn't care less

Saying you 'could care less' does nothing other than letting us know that you do care at least a little bit, since you COULD care less.

With his unprofessionalism in making weight again, does anyone wish Michael Johnson had just managed to knock his silly ass out back on the prelims of 205? Then we could have got the Khabib hype out of the way and possibly got Ferguson vs Johnson next, which would have had a well-built in storyline - Johnson handed Tony his only loss in the UFC, and this would have been Ferguson's chance to redeem it. On the flipside, if Johnson beat him again, there's no way he wouldn't be next in line for a title shot.
He never missed a match because of weight management. Do fans not find it strange that fighters like Khabib and RDA (just in the division) have had serious health issues because of cutting weight and rather cal fighters lazy and unprofessional rather than strive to change a system that puts athletes in danger.

Not really bothered all the hype in the world means shit when you can't make it to the cage, his fans can say whatever but he's either too big for the division or unprofessional.
I do have sympathy for him but I hear you. He has been competing and cutting since he got dry around the ears, but like many of these long time cutters, their organs give out. It sounds like that is what happened here, as it happens with many a wrestler and they are used to the old school way of willing it thru. He is hardcore, super disciplined Muslim, does what his Dad says and these old schoolers think Lockhart is a waste, and sadly, it takes a hard lesson or catastrophe to switch mindsets.

Khabibs done and i could be happier. Go to mecca now and stfu

I could care less how many times a fighter misses weight.

Looking forward to watching Khabib fight again just like i'm looking forward to watching Ferguson.

Fuck every fan making a big deal out of weight failures. Gives free money to their opponents.
Its not the weight failure that bothered me so much as it was the fight failure. He tried cutting too much and put homself on the hospital. Now he says he cant fight till September. Fuck this guy. Hes a joke.

I agree but disagree about him being unprofessional when it comes to making weight.

Cutting weight is a tough business. Sometimes it has nothing to do with professionalism, sometimes it's because their body simply won't drop all the weight and you feel extremely drained and such.

Khabib waseating a bit of junk food close to weigh in day, so I agree with him being unprofessional because of that - but there could be more to it than that.

It's not like he didn't try to make weight and came in 5+ pounds overweight like Charles Oliveira, a guy that misses weight all the time.

This doesn't make me wish MJ beat him though. I've never been a big fan of Khabib and actually used to dislike him, but i would prefer Khabib to win because he's the better fighter, and stylistically, Khabib/Ferguson and Khabib/Conor are far more interesting match-ups.

Khabib could definitely beat both of those guys and it impressively, but MJ loses to Ferguson in a rematch and definitely would get KO'd/TKO'd by Conor.

Whether you like him or not, or if you consider him professional or not, I'm glad the better guy won (MJ/Khabib), and I'm looking forward to the eventual fight between him and Ferguson.

That said, stop taking things so seriously. Cutting weight can be extremely dangerous (even fatal), Khabib tried to make weight, but he simply couldn't because his body wouldn't allow it. Him not making weight/fighting in general may have actually been better for him because again, cutting weight can be very dangerous and if you're starting to feel really sick during the weight cut, it's probably best to not fight and listen to your body.

I'm sure we'll be seeing Khabib/Tony fight very soon. I wish it happened when it was supposed to, but it's whatever. There are plenty of other great fights to pay attention to, so just enjoy those while you can instead of being upset/angry about one fight that didn't get to happen.

Also, I heard Khabib's liver was fucked up and it effected his weight cut. I didn't actually really read into it, but it says that Rockhold is the one that released that information. Whether it's true or not, I don't know but if it is, again, it's probably best that Khabib didn't fight.

/rant

He never missed a match because of weight management. Do fans not find it strange that fighters like Khabib and RDA (just in the division) have had serious health issues because of cutting weight and rather cal fighters lazy and unprofessional rather than strive to change a system that puts athletes in danger.

The "system" didn't do anything wrong; They choose to cut that much weight, no one is forcing them to.

He never even wobbled him, no matter what Rogan was yelling about, he didnt get staggered, barely got clipped, ate that shot like it was nothing

Its not the weight failure that bothered me so much as it was the fight failure. He tried cutting too much and put homself on the hospital. Now he says he cant fight till September. Fuck this guy. Hes a joke.

Who cares though?

You get other fights and Khabib and Tony will both fight high level opponents or one another eventually anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back