Anyone Now Wish That Johnson Had Knocked Khabib Out?

Lockard The GOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With his unprofessionalism in making weight again, does anyone wish Michael Johnson had just managed to knock his silly ass out back on the prelims of 205? Then we could have got the Khabib hype out of the way and possibly got Ferguson vs Johnson next, which would have had a well-built in storyline - Johnson handed Tony his only loss in the UFC, and this would have been Ferguson's chance to redeem it. On the flipside, if Johnson beat him again, there's no way he wouldn't be next in line for a title shot.

Not really bothered all the hype in the world means shit when you can't make it to the cage, his fans can say whatever but he's either too big for the division or unprofessional.

Johnson beating Khabib and T Ferg will "legitimize" Nate Diaz as the no.1 contender more than anything. He's not getting a title shot anyway.

Are you silly enough to think the vast majority of the causal fanbase won't?

Well, if they did, then Conor (the champion) would be on the same level of Johnson considering he lost to Diaz himself, in Nate's next fight.

I think casuals probably take a "You're only as good as your last fight" approach, and Johnson knocking out Poirer, Khabib, and possibly Ferguson in a much-hyped fight would make them not care about his loss to Diaz anyway. How many people really saw the Diaz/Johnson fight anyway? The thing people remember is Nate calling Conor out in the post-fight interview, not who he just beat.

I could care less how many times a fighter misses weight.

Looking forward to watching Khabib fight again just like i'm looking forward to watching Ferguson.

Fuck every fan making a big deal out of weight failures. Gives free money to their opponents.

Well, if they did, then Conor (the champion) would be on the same level of Johnson considering he lost to Diaz himself, in Nate's next fight.

I think casuals probably take a "You're only as good as your last fight" approach, and Johnson knocking out Poirer, Khabib, and possibly Ferguson in a much-hyped fight would make them not care about his loss to Diaz anyway. How many people really saw the Diaz/Johnson fight anyway? The thing people remember is Nate calling Conor out in the post-fight interview, not who he just beat.

That's just clueless talk. No, Conor wouldn't be on the same level as Johnson because Conor isn't remotely the same level of star or promoter as Johnson. He can get a rematch against Nate and sell 1.65 million PPV buys right after a loss with no belt on the line, Johnson can't even scratch that if he's the champ defending against anyone not named Conor.

Khabib, T Ferg and Johnson are all nobodies to the casuals. Nate Diaz is somebody, and if Johnson beats T Ferg and Khabib, all UFC and Conor have to do is show Nate dominating MJ to convince the casuals that Nate is the best guy at LW, and the rubber match should be Conor's title defense. Casuals won't give a shit that MJ beat F Ferg and Khabib, all they'll see is Conor's instagram post of Nate dominating him

I still wish that Khabib managed his weight-cut better, rather than wish that he fucked up before he did the 'crime' of messing up weight-cut.

Not making weight is only ONE of the reasons Habib has pulled out of fights in the past. lol

Go down the list, partna.

Michael Johnson surely would have made weight for the biggest fight of his career. Fuck Quackbib.

Uh nope. His destruction of Johnson was amazing.

You say that like it's happened more than only once before 209...
Which means it's happened twice in nine UFC fights. That's still not good. I mean, he's no Lineker or anything, but still...

You say that like it's happened more than only once before 209...

To be fair and I'm a huge Khabib advocate, after missing weight he's went full diva. He's talking about retirement, needs to take 6 months off for Ramadan, he's eating Tiramisu before fights, isn't interested in fighting Tony before Ramadan. The guy fucking blew it, he's been injured so many times and fought so seldom you could call that in itself unprofessional and on top of that, he has missed weight twice and tries to cut abhorrent amounts of weight to gain an advantage over his opponents...He offered Tony 200k to take the fight yet Khabib has never hired a nutritionist and enters camp way heavier than he should to begin with.

I'm really disappointed in Nurmagomedov.

Back