Anyone Hoping That Canelo Knocks Out GGG Now?

Still think GGG works him good. Canelo hasn't fought a big MW...if they fight @ MW.... Canelo will sleep.

I dont think canelo is faster than jacobs. Jacobs also has the height/reach.

Cant wait for the fight to happen.

Still think GGG works him good. Canelo hasn't fought a big MW...if they fight @ MW.... Canelo will sleep.
I favor Golovkin too, but not because of the size. I think its just a tough matchup for Canelo, stylistically.

Funny that a lot of people think Canelo beats up GGG now after watching him fight Jacobs. Do people think Canelo would do the same to Jacobs? Canelo is a very good fighter, but does not have any of the advantages that Jacobs had over GGG. Lara gave Canelo all he could handle, do people think Lara beats GGG now too?
I think the GGG matchup is much closer now but I have always said Canelo never fights Jacobs. He's a guy that can barely make 160 and Canelo can cut down to 154 with less difficulty. I hope I'm wrong for RR's sake so they can get a payday but especially without a title I just don't ever see them getting that fight.

Could it be too that GGG just had a "bad night" there? Him not beating the crap out of Jacobs doesnt mean he is average now, or that Canelo would school him, for all we know, he is still undefeated and could look like a killer in his next fight, hope Canelo runs through chavez jr, and the fight gets done this time.

Thats just the sport. ITs happened a million times before. Some guys are better at cutting weight than others. Some guys just don't want to do it etc. As long as they weigh in at or below the limit, then there's nothing to bitch about.

Golovkin looked a little vulnerable, which he hasn't really so far, and I think it shook a lot of fans. I've never seen so many fans making excuses for the winner of the fight before.

Ive never seen so many people think this was a robbery when it clearly wasnt. Not once in the fight was ggg ever hurt and he moved forward pretty much the entire time. Just cause Jacobs stopped his 23 fight ko streak, people were sure ggg aged overnight or that he is now automatically out of his prime. Ridiculous.

Its simply a case of people only remembering what happened 15 minutes ago. This generation is quick to do that when a finisher doesnt finish or a guy isnt as dominant as his last fight. Its sad to see and quite frankly, the sport doesnt need it. Jacobs fought a great fight, and it was close, but it was hardly a robbery....not even close.

Ive never seen so many people think this was a robbery when it clearly wasnt. .
eh, I have. Many times. Its a matter of perspective. The sport has written rules about the scoring criteria but there's really no rule about how judges interpret those rules. No one says the judge can't favor the boxer over the aggressor in a close fight, or vice versa.

Just cause Jacobs stopped his 23 fight ko streak, people were sure ggg aged overnight or that he is now automatically out of his prime. Ridiculous.
Now see, this to me, sounds like sour grapes from a Golovkin fan. Golovkin is 35 years old and has had 100's of fights. If you think he's as fresh as he's ever been, you're insane. 35 is a pretty typical age for boxers to start showing some wear.

Its simply a case of people only remembering what happened 15 minutes ago. This generation is quick to do that when a finisher doesnt finish or a guy isnt as dominant as his last fight. Its sad to see and quite frankly, the sport doesnt need it. Jacobs fought a great fight, and it was close, but it was hardly a robbery....not even close.
I actually do agree with that, but we're talking about Golovkin, who has so far been an invulnerable tank as a pro. He was made to look pretty ordinary last Saturday.

I think Jacobs would beat Canelo more easily than GGG. He could pick him apart on the outside, keep moving and box to a decision victory and take a lot less punishment than GGG would end up taking to get to Canelo. Still think GGG beats Canelo though.

Not sure how the Jacobs fight really showed much either way on how GGG-Canelo would go.

How anyone can support Canelo against anyone after his consistent ducking of GGG is beyond me. Career guided by Golden Boy or not, its become a joke and a shining example of one the most major problems in the sport.

How anyone can support Canelo against anyone after his consistent ducking of GGG is beyond me. Career guided by Golden Boy or not, its become a joke and a shining example of one the most major problems in the sport.
So you don't like cinnamon?

Jacobs is a far better fighter than he is being given credit for. What we learnt at the weekend is that Jacobs is an elite level boxer, not that ggg is necessarily in the slide or over rated.
I think Jacobs beats canelo. I still think ggg beats him but the fight won't happen

Back