Anyone Hoping That Canelo Knocks Out GGG Now?

Lockard The GOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now that he's been exposed as just an ordinary fighter that looked extraordinary due to beating a bunch of bums, is anyone hoping Canelo sparks him out and ends the hype train once and for all? Canelo has more longevity to him, and he already has a much longer and better resume than Golovkin does anyway, so who hopes that Canelo just goes ahead and puts this one on his resume as a big win and gets it over with? It would make beating Canelo all the more impressive in the future as well.

Imagine he KO's Golovkin and then speaks his first words of English in the post-fight interview: "I'm not surprised, motherfuckers."

Meh....ggg fought a super middleweight ....dude was at least 10-15 pounds heavier during the fight and had a definite size advantage. Canelo has been fighting guys his size or smaller.....easy to look good like that as well.

Idiotic thread.

GGG fights the second best middleweight in the world, drops him and beats him in a close fight that could have gone either way so now he's somehow ordinary? Nonsense.

Any decent boxing fan has more respect for GGG now than they did last week. Same for Jacobs. When the best guys fight each other and go all out they deserve praise for it, not disrespect. Neither fighter has anything to do with how the judges score a fight so holding that against them is also idiotic.

This is a really terrible thread. Try harder if you are going to troll.

i still think golovkin batters him.

Now that he's been exposed as just an ordinary fighter that looked extraordinary due to beating a bunch of bums, is anyone hoping Canelo sparks him out and ends the hype train once and for all? Canelo has more longevity to him, and he already has a much longer and better resume than Golovkin does anyway, so who hopes that Canelo just goes ahead and puts this one on his resume as a big win and gets it over with? It would make beating Canelo all the more impressive in the future as well.

Imagine he KO's Golovkin and then speaks his first words of English in the post-fight interview: "I'm not surprised, motherfuckers."
I sure give Canelo a much better chance. Will be interesting to see how GGG reacts to his body punches. Hopefully the fight gets made now.

I hope the complete opposite actually.

Meh....ggg fought a super middleweight ....dude was at least 10-15 pounds heavier during the fight and had a definite size advantage. Canelo has been fighting guys his size or smaller.....easy to look good like that as well.
I disagree with the folks who won't concede that Jacobs was probably over 180 pounds but on the other hand it wasn't so much of a difference to make the fight unfair. Let's wait and see how Canelo looks against a bigger opponent when he fights Chavez.

Idiotic thread.

GGG fights the second best middleweight in the world, drops him and beats him in a close fight that could have gone either way so now he's somehow ordinary? Nonsense.

Any decent boxing fan has more respect for GGG now than they did last week. Same for Jacobs. When the best guys fight each other and go all out they deserve praise for it, not disrespect. Neither fighter has anything to do with how the judges score a fight so holding that against them is also idiotic.

Some of the threads being posted since the fight have been fckin embarrassing to say them least. GGG is an average fighter now! Wtf
I'm just suprised there hasn't been a 'Connor would ko ggg within 3 rounds' thread yet

Some of the threads being posted since the fight have been fckin embarrassing to say them least. GGG is an average fighter now! Wtf
I'm just suprised there hasn't been a 'Connor would ko ggg within 3 rounds' thread yet

Seriously.

I thought after watching the fight that sherdog would be full of threads praising both guys for stepping up and making it happen.

Nope. GGG is apparently trash now and Jacobs is a cheater.

No, Golovkin fought a MW. They both weighed in below 160. Stop making excuses for the guy who won.

If there's anything the Jacobs fight showed us, its that he can fight real competition and not a bunch of bums.

No, Golovkin fought a MW. They both weighed in below 160. Stop making excuses for the guy who won.

We both know full well how some guys blow up after weigh ins. We both seen them side by side after the fight....get real. Golovkin beat a bigger guy.....lets see what canelo does against bigger guys.

I just hope fishnets watched this fight, and thought to himself, that's the moment to fight ggg.

anyone else think that Eubank jr would be an absolute nightmare for GGG after that no-show?

while Jacobs was bigger, it seemed Golovkin was more concerned about being hit than usual...Eubank can hit hard and take a good whack as well

Canelo will win by anyway he chooses. Decision, TKO, or KO. He has better speed and counters. Power is equal. GGG looks slow and has problems with smart boxers.

We both know full well how some guys blow up after weigh ins. We both seen them side by side after the fight....get real. Golovkin beat a bigger guy.....lets see what canelo does against bigger guys.
Thats just the sport. ITs happened a million times before. Some guys are better at cutting weight than others. Some guys just don't want to do it etc. As long as they weigh in at or below the limit, then there's nothing to bitch about.

Golovkin looked a little vulnerable, which he hasn't really so far, and I think it shook a lot of fans. I've never seen so many fans making excuses for the winner of the fight before.

Funny that a lot of people think Canelo beats up GGG now after watching him fight Jacobs. Do people think Canelo would do the same to Jacobs? Canelo is a very good fighter, but does not have any of the advantages that Jacobs had over GGG. Lara gave Canelo all he could handle, do people think Lara beats GGG now too?

Back