Anyone here work in retail?

80wgezpuzmwz.jpg

In HS a few of my friends worked security at a Target and no one stole more than they did. Everyone was in on it. They finally got caught because one of them stole a PS2 like 4 days before it was released and word got around school about it. He decided to have a few friends over after school and like 100+ people showed up. Word somehow got back to his work
Lol, yeah, "somehow"

Truly a mystery as to how that happened when 100+ people show up to your house, and those people probably told their other friends where they were going and what they were doing.

Dumb ass kids man.

Anyways, my mother is a middle aged overweight woman and OHHHHH MAN she is the WORST to EVERYBODY. And you best believe she's the snippy, "let me speak to your manager about you" type. Also, if a woman is attractive my mother will come at her immediately with a heavy attitude, heavier than usual. No matter how nice the woman is my mother will insist after that she was snotty and thought she was better than my mother lol. Dat bitch crazy.

All high school and the druggie/ stoner college aged kids are pretty bad too. They steal shit, sneak in beer, try to trick you with fake IDs, and don't tip.

Been looking up old ps2 games since you mentioned it. GTA 3 aged horribly as well. Wow
They've got a rockstar games ios/android version with bully, gta and max payne on it. Much better on a tiny screen
All high school and the druggie/ stoner college aged kids are pretty bad too. They steal shit, sneak in beer, try to trick you with fake IDs, and don't tip.
I've seen scores of adults do that crap too. Some people never grow out of it

I work retail security, the middle aged mother- 20 something daughter combination is the worst to deal with. I wish it was ok to hit women.

I work retail security, the middle aged mother- 20 something daughter combination is the worst to deal with. I wish it was ok to hit women.
it is.

While I haven't been a floor level employee in years, I still have to engage in customer service as an account manager at several large box stores. Anyways, some coworkers and I were debating on what demographic is consistently the absolute worse to deal with in regards to age and sex. Across the boards we almost unanimously agreed that overweight middle aged women are the worst. We also concluded that the worse the part of town you're working in, the stronger this correlation becomes. It's almost as if the only thing worst than one of these women that hate's her job is one that doesn't even have a job. My wife used to own a restaurant with her ex-husband, and she says women women in general are harder to deal with when it comes to customer service, but there is definitely a sweet spot in regards to age from about 40-60 were they're "in their prime. " She also says they're even worse if you're a hallways attractive female.

Anyone else experience this phenomenon.

I do. I am a Fedora wearing mannequin in a very upscale men's store. You are gonna like my fedora. I guarantee it.

NM-Dallas-4-23-2013-17.jpg

You are like which one do I bugger first.

Retail is a pretty broad field. I work with people that make barely over minimum wage. I have a college education and maid over 70k last year as an account manager in retail. My boss who is a retail sales manager makes as much as most doctors.

Not everyone that works in retail is some dumb kid making $12 an hour.

I know. ..just busting balls

Anyways, my mother is a middle aged overweight woman and OHHHHH MAN she is the WORST to EVERYBODY. And you best believe she's the snippy, "let me speak to your manager about you" type. Also, if a woman is attractive my mother will come at her immediately with a heavy attitude, heavier than usual. No matter how nice the woman is my mother will insist after that she was snotty and thought she was better than my mother lol. Dat bitch crazy.
Literally my Mom too.

I work part time in retail to help out a friend's business. Worst ones for us are older East European males, I'd say about late 40s and older. They're rude assholes and/or major time wasters, and on top of that they're the cheapest motherfucking bastards around. They will literally try to bargain down the price of a $2 item, then get all mad and make a big scene when you tell them the price is the price. And then they expect you to remember them and treat them like royalty because they bought $5 worth of stuff at the store 3 years ago.

Yep I remember dealing with those heavy accents back when I worked in retail. This was pretty much every interaction with them.

Escuzy....escuzy! .75 cent price...how much, no? You take list and cart and go find product and give me cart when finished. Hurry! Time low! How much discount for me? Price match? Call many store in town and find cheap and give price. Escuzy...how much price? No?

Fuck...I couldn't stand them.

Yep I remember dealing with those heavy accents back when I worked in retail. This was pretty much every interaction with them.

Escuzy....escuzy! .75 cent price...how much, no? You take list and cart and go find product and give me cart when finished. Hurry! Time low! How much discount for me? Price match? Call many store in town and find cheap and give price. Escuzy...how much price? No?

Fuck...I couldn't stand them.
Laughing so loud now. You nailed the retarded english perfectly. Do you have more stories?

Middle aged women are the most entitled pieces of scum known to mankind

Laughing so loud now. You nailed the retarded english perfectly. Do you have more stories?

When I saw "The Russian" responded to this post....I was like oh shit I'm about to get my ass handed to me lol

That was a combination of a few stories.

I really had one guy come in, hand me his shopping list and tell me to go get a cart and fill it up with everything on the list. He then went outside, sat on a bench and smoked a cigarette. So I told him ok, no problem and went and threw his list in the trash and went to lunch. No idea how long he sat out there waiting but luckily he was gone by time I got back.

Another one could barely speak English and he came in and said ".75 cent? Where it is? You find for me now!". I was like I have no idea what you even want but he couldn't even describe what he wanted because he didn't speak a lick of English. I think he saw an ad that had some sort of product in it for .75 cents and was hoping I would just know off the top of my head what we had at that price.

One time this guy comes in and I could barely understand wtf he was saying. Everything kinda sounded like "ssnnuuhh". It was like every word either began or ended in a very Russian sounding "ssnnuuhh" so it was really difficult to understand him. I ended up having to get a translator (another white guy who could just understand whatever the hell he was saying better than I could) and in a nutshell what he wanted was for me to call Lowes and price match a ceiling fan he wanted. What was funny was after it was "translated" for me, the Russian guy was like putting his arm around me and talking as if I was special needs or something. Anyway, I tell him that brand is only specific to our store and he is just adamant as hell that I call Lowes so I just pretended to dial and held the phone up to my head for a while. I was going to have a pretend conversation and just say that they didn't carry the fan but I thought it would be funnier if I just pretended like I was on hold for fucking ever. So I just started arranging the shelves with the phone up to my head, periodically covering the phone and whispering to him "Sorry, I'm still on hold". After about 10 minutes he just walked away without saying anything lol.

I worked at a gas station for 5 years and let me tell you, first world people are incredibly privileged and lazy. I think everyone should have to work a retail or customer service job so that they can understand what its like to work those positions and not be assholes in the future.

Worked retail for a while, so many people are hardcore snakes. Openly lying, committing fraud and stealing among other things to get their way. When someone is truly grateful for your help and you know they won't screw you over or the store it's a good feeling.

I also have a bit more frustration towards retail because I worked a store that was going out of business and it brought out the worst people trying to talk down a price that was already 90 percent off and trying to steal fixtures and anything else.

I worked retail for a few years. Every customer is just trying to find a way to get something for free, same with the staff. Everyone is trying to screw the store over, but in their own ways.

Old people and middle-aged white women are the scum of the earth when it comes to retail

Back