Anyone here work in retail?

smellmyfarts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
While I haven't been a floor level employee in years, I still have to engage in customer service as an account manager at several large box stores. Anyways, some coworkers and I were debating on what demographic is consistently the absolute worse to deal with in regards to age and sex. Across the boards we almost unanimously agreed that overweight middle aged women are the worst. We also concluded that the worse the part of town you're working in, the stronger this correlation becomes. It's almost as if the only thing worst than one of these women that hate's her job is one that doesn't even have a job. My wife used to own a restaurant with her ex-husband, and she says women women in general are harder to deal with when it comes to customer service, but there is definitely a sweet spot in regards to age from about 40-60 were they're "in their prime. " She also says they're even worse if you're a hallways attractive female.

Anyone else experience this phenomenon.

I used to be a manager at GAME years ago, and I'd say the worst is the middle aged mothers of 10 year olds that want grand theft auto.

I work part time in retail to help out a friend's business. Worst ones for us are older East European males, I'd say about late 40s and older. They're rude assholes and/or major time wasters, and on top of that they're the cheapest motherfucking bastards around. They will literally try to bargain down the price of a $2 item, then get all mad and make a big scene when you tell them the price is the price. And then they expect you to remember them and treat them like royalty because they bought $5 worth of stuff at the store 3 years ago.

I used to, but then I got lit of my teenage years and moved on.

Jk. I experienced the retail world before, and good goddamn luck bro.

I'd rather go back to ripping off mob dealers than work in retail

Work retail? Nah I'm not in poverty.
Retail is a pretty broad field. I work with people that make barely over minimum wage. I have a college education and maid over 70k last year as an account manager in retail. My boss who is a retail sales manager makes as much as most doctors.

Not everyone that works in retail is some dumb kid making $12 an hour.

I own a retail business but luckily I do not have to interact with any of them. They just give me money.

Never worked retail but i would imagine working in returns would be the worst

Last edited:
Nevdr worked retail but i would imagine working in returns would be the worst
It is pretty shitty indeed. The entitlement in this country is out of control, and service workers feel the brunt of it.

I worked in Loss Prevention when I did. I'd consider it the best part of retail as chasing theives was always fun. But being surrounded by immature kids and adults who aren't doing shit with their life while constantly complaining about their job got old. I left as soon as i finished college.

Lots of young slutty cashiers tho. Good times.

If retail workers are treated anything like wait staff in restaurants then it sounds horrible. My theory (and I’m sure this is not original) is that these types of customer service interactions bring out the worst in lower income people because it’s basically their one chance be above someone on the totem pole.

I could be wrong though. I’m sure that a lot of people just plain suck period.

I worked in Loss Prevention

In HS a few of my friends worked security at a Target and no one stole more than they did. Everyone was in on it. They finally got caught because one of them stole a PS2 like 4 days before it was released and word got around school about it. He decided to have a few friends over after school and like 100+ people showed up. Word somehow got back to his work

In HS a few of my friends worked security at a Target and no one stole more than they did. Everyone was in on it. They finally got caught because one of them stole a PS2 like 4 days before it was released and word got around school about it. He decided to have a few friends over after school and like 100+ people showed up. Word somehow got back to his work

Target is where I worked too. I could have stolen tons as I knew all the camera angles and processes. But I wasn't a dumb high school kid at the time so I didn't.

He shouldn't have done that, it was the wrong thing to do.

In all seriousness I've played a few PS2 games recently, the earlier ones, and buh gawd I can't figure out how I could stand those when I was younger, they look and play like shite.

He shouldn't have done that, it was the wrong thing to do.

In all seriousness I've played a few PS2 games recently, the earlier ones, and buh gawd I can't figure out how I could stand those when I was younger, they look and play like shite.
Bro at the time it was incredible. We were in awe at Tekken Tag.

Bro at the time it was incredible. We were in awe at Tekken Tag.
I just played thru max payne yesterday. Fun game, total crap graphics. Looks like a ps1 game.

Saw a 70 year old retired Chicago cop (who was working as a sears tire center service writer) chase down and tackle a shoplifter, he got the guy down in a church parking lot. No idea what he stole but that's entertainment

I just played thru max payne yesterday. Fun game, total crap graphics. Looks like a ps1 game.

Saw a 70 year old retired Chicago cop (who was working as a sears tire center service writer) chase down and tackle a shoplifter, he got the guy down in a church parking lot. No idea what he stole but that's entertainment
Been looking up old ps2 games since you mentioned it. GTA 3 aged horribly as well. Wow

Back