Anyone here farm or have an in terest in farm?

i would love that, if i had the capital to start a farm that makes a profit somewhat similar to what i make now, i would do it. or at least live in the country. as for now i gotta settle for growing fruit in my yard

im a harvest moon OG

backtonature.png
You ever hooked up with the gold digging shopkeeper's daughter? Everyone was a decent girl but her but you just wanted a ho.

Also, My father might probably throw me at a rundown family plantation.

You ever hooked up with the gold digging shopkeeper's daughter? Everyone was a decent girl but her but you just wanted a ho.

Also, My father might probably throw me at a rundown family plantation.

BRUH thats the one i said after. karen best waifu

fuck popouri with her pink hair and that nerdy library one

Ive got 20 acres we run our own sheep, alpacas and goats, the choock and pheasant pens will be finished soon. We have wild wood duck in the dam and surrounding paddocks

Recently run all new power on the property so we will be able to get the bores up and running agian, so thd veggie patchs will be going in soon along with aquaponics (trout, perch, Maron) hopefully we should be somewhat self sufficient in a couple of years, although its alot of work with a full time job that requires me to be away from home for large periods and a young family.

I rarely have time to myself and am constantly working, but I do enjoy it

and yet you have time to post on some backwater subforum on an mma site..

AMAZING

I have mostly angus based cows, 1 char, and just bought a simm bull this year. Not a lot, I'm still refencing the farm. Grew up raising herefords but grandpa and I sold out after my dad died in 94. Starting over from scratch is taking more time and money than originally expected.
I'd love to give you some rain. Bet we got close to 3" Sat and Sun alone
We always had simmentals. I know it's hard to compare herd to herd, but they always seemed more tame than angus.
The markets down at the moment, but they should be going up considering a lot of places in the country are dry. I miss having cattle at times, but then I help work the neighbors cattle and remember how much they suck.
We're supposed to get rain tonight, a good 2-3 inches would be awesome. I haven't mowed my grass in over 3 weeks because it hasn't grown.

The wife and I should be able to retire relatively young and live off our investments and savings. I would like to live in the country with some land and a house and a barn and a goat down by the river.

I think it would be nice to grow some vegetables, maybe bring them to market or give them to people who can't get fresh produce like homeless folks and @Clippy.

Does anyone here farm or have any involvement with farms? Anyone have any interest in the post-retirement hobby farm scene?
Aren't you canadian? I don't think owning a goat is smart right now, with the way trudeau is running things. It's like a beacon for them.

Ive got 20 acres we run our own sheep, alpacas and goats, the choock and pheasant pens will be finished soon. We have wild wood duck in the dam and surrounding paddocks

Recently run all new power on the property so we will be able to get the bores up and running agian, so thd veggie patchs will be going in soon along with aquaponics (trout, perch, Maron) hopefully we should be somewhat self sufficient in a couple of years, although its alot of work with a full time job that requires me to be away from home for large periods and a young family.

I rarely have time to myself and am constantly working, but I do enjoy it
Alpacas are bad ass mofo's.
Are you going to raise Cherax Cainii? Make sure you don't use anything with copper in your aquaponics system or it'll kill you crayfish.

I'd like a farm but don't want to be the one doing the work

The wife and I should be able to retire relatively young and live off our investments and savings. I would like to live in the country with some land and a house and a barn and a goat down by the river.

I think it would be nice to grow some vegetables, maybe bring them to market or give them to people who can't get fresh produce like homeless folks and @Clippy.

Does anyone here farm or have any involvement with farms? Anyone have any interest in the post-retirement hobby farm scene?
Yes, but it's not for you. You're too soft.

Alpacas are bad ass mofo's.
Are you going to raise Cherax Cainii? Make sure you don't use anything with copper in your aquaponics system or it'll kill you crayfish.
Everything will be run in poly (as I get it cheap from work) wil be running what we call hairy Marron as there easily sourced from the creeks around. Marron are very fussy, we through a heap in 1 of our dams and they just got up and left, we found several in the paddocks, the rest just walkd off never been seen again. They dont like dirty water

We also have a dam full of yabbies but there tough little fuckes and basically look after themselves, no maintenance at all

If I had money, I like to own arable land, and start planting stuff, and raising animals.

Aren't you canadian? I don't think owning a goat is smart right now, with the way trudeau is running things. It's like a beacon for them.

<6>

Yes, but it's not for you. You're too soft.

I stubbed my toe on my bed last night and I didn't even sit down and do that weird breathing through your teeth thing that you do so I dunno

I stubbed my toe on my bed last night and I didn't even sit down and do that weird breathing through your teeth thing that you do so I dunno
Just trying to save you from yourself.

Got like 60 hours in Stardew Valley bro. Game is legit

Stardew_Valley_2.png
Bro, Stardew Valley has nothing on Farmville...

Just kidding. Did they ever add multiplayer?

I do the title work and close on a lot of farm deals. I have one going currently with 1100 acres. Farm deals are our greatest revenue. We recently did a construction deal for a hog feed facility. Our final invoice was $36000.00 and it was roughly 12-15 hours of work.

In a few years I intend to buy a place with some land. Chickens and goats would be nice.

Back