Anyone here buy the same game for multiple platforms?

I knew youd not waste this opportunity. So if you skip this explanations, please focus on the bottom line.

RE4 was purchased because of an alleged improvement of graphics or some add on in between the gamecube and ps2, if i recall correctly. Got it for PC years later for pennies.

Final Fantasy 8 was just for the ps1 and as we all know, they arent backwards compatible, so I got 8, 9, and 10 on steam when they were cheap. X i paid a bit more for ciz of tje hd remaster.

MK you can guess. SNES had the better graphics and Genesis had the blood. In a way, 2 different beloved games.

Doom for the 32x was my first Doom ever. I did get Doom for the PC in a MassMail that AOL used to have in Warez rooms. I got it for free.

You went (or wanted to) out and paid $60 for a fucking unit that played 8 bit games. The games i got were far ahead of nes games.

The difference between you and i is I know i wasted my money and have since become educated.
<GinJuice>

Not without good reason. I got GTAV on the PS3, then PS4 for the upgrade, and since nobody I knew played it online on PS4 I ended up getting it on Xbox One. That's the only time I think I've bought a game for multiple systems.

The ones I'm most guilty of are

RE4 - GC, PS2, Wii, PS3, PC.

I drew the line at the PS4 version, lol. To be fair, each version had a new feature, PS2 had new Ada missions, Wii had motion controls, PS3 was HD, PC was HD textured and 60fps.

MGS Collections: PS2, PS3 x2 (one for HD collection, the other Legacy collection), PS Vita

God of War series: PS2, PS3 HD collection, PS Vita, PS4 (only GOW3 Remaster)

Mass Effect series: 360, PS3, PC

FFX: PS2, PS3, PSVita (almost bought it on PS4, but missed my chance for it at 8$)

Others games I've only bought twice are:

The Last of Us: PS3, PS4 remaster
Uncharted series: PS3, PS4 remaster
Kingdom Hearts series: PS2, PS3 remaster. (thinking of getting PS4 remaster, but I dunno yet.)

This just seems foolish unless you're buying a retro game. Even then I feel guilty, because of Emulators. I'm not really into multiplayer though, so I guess I could see it with Titatanfall if Xbox has a better online community.

The ones I'm most guilty of are

RE4 - GC, PS2, Wii, PS3, PC.

I drew the line at the PS4 version, lol. To be fair, each version had a new feature, PS2 had new Ada missions, Wii had motion controls, PS3 was HD, PC was HD textured and 60fps.

God of War series: PS2, PS3 HD collection, PS Vita, PS4 (only GOW3 Remaster)

Mass Effect series: 360, PS3, PC

FFX: PS2, PS3, PSVita (almost bought it on PS4, but missed my chance for it at 8$)

Others games I've only bought twice are:

The Last of Us: PS3, PS4 remaster
Uncharted series: PS3, PS4 remaster
Kingdom Hearts series: PS2, PS3 remaster. (thinking of getting PS4 remaster, but I dunno yet.)

That was it, the Ada missions.

My fucking PS3 just decided to stop playing games and blu rays, making my games completely useless cuz PS4 isnt backwards compatible. I love God of War too.

Waiting for Kingdom Hearts to come to PC, remastered, but again, at a good price.

FFX was remastered and i hardly could fucking notice.

I try not to but it's very tempting

Because of the Ezio collection I have Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood and Revelations on PS3 and PS4.

The Last of Us on PS3 and PS4

All the Gameboy Zelda games on the GBC and on my 3DS

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on N64 and 3DS

Donkey Kong 64 on N64 and Wii U

That was it, the Ada missions.

My fucking PS3 just decided to stop playing games and blu rays, making my games completely useless cuz PS4 isnt backwards compatible. I love God of War too.

Waiting for Kingdom Hearts to come to PC, remastered, but again, at a good price.

FFX was remastered and i hardly could fucking notice.

Doubt KH makes it to the PC, it hasn't even made it to the Xbox. How much better can PS2 games look anyways? I say just get the 1.5+2.5 remix on the PS4 when it comes out in March for 40$. That's a lot of remastered games for 40$ and worth it if you don't already own the PS3 versions.

FFX still holds up well that's why, but I definitely see a difference, especially on the PS4/PC. Only thing is that they fucked with the character models and they don't look as good as the originals imo. Other than that its a nice upgrade.

Sure have. Most recently when a digital copy is dirt cheap and I don't want to harm my actual physical copy. Then again, 90% of my game purchases are or pre-owned copies anyway, so I don't think I've ever paid full price for a game more than a handful of times over the last decade. But I'll almost always seek out a physical copy for my library.

GTA V that's it.

Had it originally on 360. Bought it on the One. At least the current gen has new features and not a direct port.

Back