Anyone here buy the same game for multiple platforms?

Theprospect26

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm asking this because I have Titanfall 2 on the PS4, and am seriously considering purchasing it on sale for $30 for the XBOX One as well. Something inside me tells me not to waste $30 on a game I already own. Does anyone here have the same game on multiple platforms, pc included? Did you think it was worth it?

We don't talk about this.

giphy.gif

Depends if you have friends to play with on the Xbox. I have Overwatch and Rocket League for PC and PS4 because I have friends on both platforms. If you don't, then I think it would be a waste.

Resident evil 4 for ps2, gamecube, then pc.

Final Fantasy 8 -10 on ps, ps2, and pc.

mortal kombat on snes and genesis.

doom on sega32x and pc

Dark Souls I and II on PS3 then PC. Dark Souls III on PS4 to co-op with my gf and also on PC because it's a crime to not play a Souls game at 60fps or more. GTAV on PS3 and PC as well....think that's about it. I would have bought Red Dead Redemption so hard on PC if it ever got released.

If Destiny 2 gets a PC release, I'm going to have to think long and hard about that version or the PS4 version. I like graphical options and it would be really fun to go through some raids with completely new players to the series but I've made a lot of friends on PS4 strictly because of that game.

alien isolation on ps4 and xbone. seemed like a good idea at the time.

Bought Dark Souls for the 360 on release day, then 2 years later I bought a PS3 and got another copy, then when I bought a decent laptop, I bought the pc version and then I bought the digital version when it was on sale for the 360

Unless you have great friends to MP with, no fucking way.

Jet%20Grind%20Radio%20(Sega)%20[NTSC-U].jpg

I've owned it on Dreamcast, Android and Xbox. I believe it was only $5 on the latter two, so definitely worth it.

Yeah, so I've done this. My poor bank account.

Skyrim: PS3, 360, PC, then re:mastered on PC.
Dark Souls 1: PS3/PC
Dark Souls 2: PS3/PC
Dark Souls 2 SOTFS: PC

And, uh, many others ;_;

I don't really play Titanfall 2 with friends. It's just that the game is so damn good I want to have access to it in multiple rooms in the house lol. I'm a spoiled bitch.

A few instances of this for me.

Metro Redux - got it at launch for PC, but my computer could barely handle it so I picked it up for PS4 a couple of years later

Doom 1-3 - had them for years and years on PC, then after getting the new Doom on PS4 picked up the Doom 3 BFG edition for my PS3 on a whim

TLOU - have it for PS3 but also came with my PS4

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 & 3 - had them for 360, then a few years later when I got a PS3 I got both of them again so I could play online with my older brother

FO3 ps3 & pc
FONV ps3, 360, & pc
Skyrim ps3 & pc
Dark Souls 2 ps3 & ps4
AC Blackflag ps3 & 360

Yup.

Several games from console to another console or console to PC but never PC to console.

Reason would be to play it with friends (either personal or online gaming friends) to make the switch.

I am actually about to buy Street Fighter 5 for PC even though I have it for PS4. The reason is using the arcade stick with mic is too friggin' cumbersome and difficult to setup so I am going to switch over to PC.

I've done it a couple times. Only after I've traded one version in, and want to play it again and catch a sale on Live or PSN. Haven't done it this gen, as I only have a PS4, but last gen I did it with a few games on 360 and PS3.

Resident evil 4 for ps2, gamecube, then pc.

Final Fantasy 8 -10 on ps, ps2, and pc.

mortal kombat on snes and genesis.

doom on sega32x and pc
What was it you were telling me about wasting my money? Lol

I have some games on both ps3/ps4 and PC... Usually due to bundles. However, I have bought a few games multiple times due to a few factors.

I have bought FFXI expansions between ps2 and pc. And bought the game more than once. But as an MMO before the golden age of buying digital I don't think it counts.

Last edited:
What was it you were telling me about wasting my money? Lol

I knew youd not waste this opportunity. So if you skip this explanations, please focus on the bottom line.

RE4 was purchased because of an alleged improvement of graphics or some add on in between the gamecube and ps2, if i recall correctly. Got it for PC years later for pennies.

Final Fantasy 8 was just for the ps1 and as we all know, they arent backwards compatible, so I got 8, 9, and 10 on steam when they were cheap. X i paid a bit more for ciz of tje hd remaster.

MK you can guess. SNES had the better graphics and Genesis had the blood. In a way, 2 different beloved games.

Doom for the 32x was my first Doom ever. I did get Doom for the PC in a MassMail that AOL used to have in Warez rooms. I got it for free.

You went (or wanted to) out and paid $60 for a fucking unit that played 8 bit games. The games i got were far ahead of nes games.

The difference between you and i is I know i wasted my money and have since become educated.

Back