Anyone had a Kimura Injury?

Dude get the MRI!

Find out what's going on!

Partial tear of my right rotater cuff from not tapping a Udi Garami!

Distal Bicept tendon rupture surgery from a rolling Udi Gatame.

Proximal Biceps tendon rupture taking Ukemi from a Roku Dan.

Now back to the chop shop for hip surgery this year from not getting it properly checked out when I hurt it!

I'm hearing shit like "advanced osteoarthritis" and fucking nightmare phrases like that from the x rays and before they do an MRI next week and find out what tissue damage has been done!

Get the MRI!

Find out what's going on!

The elusive triple necro, a rare sight out in the wild.

Just to bring this shit back to life once more.... Tapped to a kimura last night, a little too slow.... And im not very flexible either, so it didn't take much before my shoulder made an almighty pop. It didn't hurt at all, but I knew I would feel it later. Today it hurts when rotating my thumb towards the ground from arms out horizontal. Its a little tender going above shoulder level, not too bad though. Ive hurt both shoulders before while weight lifting, so I know rest will help. But I found some great rotator exercises on Stephan kestings website, from the USA canoeing/kayaking association. Time to put in a bit more effort when I heal up........

Earlier this week I was involved in a very fast paced roll and got caught in a Kimura that damaged my elbow before I had a chance to tap....I had 2 advil and used heat for a few hours...took the rest of the week to rolling very light/selectively

To follow on - I went to a seminar the following night. Sore, but ok. Got someone else in a kimura - applied it very gently.

I used to always warn new guys about kimuras, how they won't actually hurt until you're already injured.

Ive seen more injuries over the years from kimuras than leglocks or armbars

My instructor was in north south(top no gi)He snatched tight left arm kimura and got me on my side. I defended by grabbing my wrist/shorts. I defended for couple minutes(felt like it, prob wasnt). Im pulling against his pull. It never moved. Hes pullling one way, me another. Suddenly I hear (and so does he) POP, POP, POP. Never knew that the shit could explode like that even though it never got extended at all into full kimura, just the grip, but so much force was being generated both ways, by him and me. Sucked . Torn rotator.

Back