Anyone ever tried Philippinian food or even Jollibee? What did you think?

What no delicious mouth watering bulut?

hqdefault.jpg

I fry some tiny pork cubes til they're brown & crispy then I sprinkle them on top.
I cook a big pot of mongos at least once a week, and I'm gonna have to try that. I usually just add ground pork, gata, onions and garlic. Great inexpensive protein source.

I cook a big pot of mongos at least once a week, and I'm gonna have to try that. I usually just add ground pork, gata, onions and garlic. Great inexpensive protein source.
I fry the little pork cubes 1st, take them out, sautee my garlic & onions in the same pan, I put the monggos & cubed squash then add water & a bouillon cube, bring to a boil. lower heat & wait.

If you don't want to use the bouillon approach, while sauteeing the garlic & onions, splash it with fish sauce before adding the liquid. garnish with crispy pork cubes & spring onions.

Jolly Bee is cool, it is a good cultural experience, it is like being in the Philippines. I like the chicken, and the Filipino Spaghetti.

I had this conversation with my bjj partner before. He used to work on a ship filled with filipino crew. And he told me that filipino food sucks. I'm a bit offended but I understand. MOST filipino home cooking is rooted in tradition & they rarely stray from the recipes & style of cooking their grannys' did. I live with other filipinos & I always cook. During gatherings, I will be the one preparing & cooking PROPER food. When I stayed a bit late last monday, I saw what my flatmate cooked. It took me 2 seconds to turn around & eat outside. Filipino cuisine is more than good. Most Filipinos just flat out suck at cooking.

Interesting that you say that. My wife and her family are Ilonggo my MIL can cook pretty good. My wife and SIL are very picky when I cook, its like they don't trust me. but they all shut up when eating.

Last edited:
Interesting that you say that. My wife and her family are Ilonggo my mIil can cook pretty good. My wife and SIL are very picky when I cook, its like they don't trust me. but they all shut up when eating.
I am ilonggo at heart & i'm quite jaded when it comes to food. Without the kapampangans, I can honestly say the ilonggos are the best cooks in the philippines.

Filipino food is top 3 worst ethnic cuisine along with Korean and Puerto Rican.

If you want to lose weight fast or need to go fasting for a day, just look at a few pictures of Pinoy food
tuyo.jpg
tamilok_378x378.jpg
p1034220624-5.jpg

etoo_455x279.jpg

Beef-Tapa.jpg

Its no wonder Duterte is fucked up in his head

Interesting that you say that. My wife and her family are Ilonggo my MIL can cook pretty good. My wife and SIL are very picky when I cook, its like they don't trust me. but they all shut up when eating.
Im "ilonggo " bro.have u tried kadyos baboy langka? Kbl haha

Im "ilonggo " bro.have u tried kadyos baboy langka? Kbl haha
Natural!

Sang sa cebu pa ko, gakadto gid ko sa food court sg robinson's para kakaon KBL kay may ilonggo grill didto. Wala na sila kabalo sg kadyos or batuan.

What no delicious mouth watering bulut?

hqdefault.jpg

It actually tastes good. You just can't think about what you're eating. Makes you hard as fuck too. The missus won't let me do anal anymore because of the last time when I ate 3 of these the night before.

I soooo regret doing that.

Kfc >jollibee

Popeyes for Chicken.

Burger king for burgers..

Jollibee is Finoy version of McDs.

But I will prefer Jollibee over McDs specially today.

I am not sure about the quality of Mcdonalds in the USA but here in the Philippines McDos are abysmal.

Back