Anyone else ever been Fireman thrown / Kata guruma

It's my go-to takedown. Usually use same side lapel instead of the arm tho, don't think ive ever been crucifixed from it.

id be afraid to even try it against someone above blue especially if they know how to crucifix lol it hard to get on good guys

Contrary to what it is named, the "Fireman's Carry" is actually an arm throw, you do not need to grab the leg. Against Jiu Jitsu guys I would recommend a Greco style Frireman's Carry.

I've noticed that frequent use of the Fireman's carry (or closely related carries) correlates highly with wrestling GOATdom
eg Fadzayev (Soviet GOAT), Saitiev (Russia GOAT), John Smith ('Murica GOAT)

Funny you should say that, there's a story about the kata guruma's introduction to the judo canon...

After a great deal of hard work, Jigoro Kano devised this technique while he was still a young man studying at the Tenshin Shinyo Dojo. With him there was a certain Fukushima who was not only an advanced student but a large well-built man as well. It was a great source of displeasure to Kano that regardless of how hard he tried he could not beat this Fukushima. He worked day and night pouring over books on wrestling and sumo and finally came up with the kata guruma which one day enabled him to hurl mighty Fukushima to the floor.

Funny you should say that, there's a story about the kata guruma's introduction to the judo canon...

'Fukushima' eh?

I'm guessing he looked a lot like this:

406px-hulk13.jpg

It's great for Bjj because people are already bent over. Although I prefer not to go to my knees but rather to sit on my hip instead.

Back