Anyone else a new boxing fan and give up after GGG/ Canelo?

Atlas is always in a state of rage on air. The fact he got worked up and started yelling means nothing because it's such a common occurrence.

In spite of the fact that Atlas is a knowledgeable guy who has been around the sport his entire life, he can be extraordinarily biased in his commentary. For reference, see his bizarre vendetta against Wlad Klitschko.

What about teddy and klitschko bros?

I guess I missed his hate but I only remember teddy thinking you have to take the fight to the klitschkos and not box with them and get beat up from the outside. Which is what was happening.

im not a klitschko hater. But he's right about that.
Easier said than done.

I mean he's 35. A ko machine and is just starting to get some shine.
He's received plenty of attention from the media. What's holding him back from being a star is that he doesn't speak English all that well and he's far too nice to get the casuals interested. There's nothing controversial about him, plus his opposition up until the Jacobs fight hadn't been that great. I love watching G, but I totally get why he doesn't really appeal to the casual fan. He isn't "oppressed" by the media; they just don't push him all that much because he's not a huge draw. He absolutely should be a draw, but sadly he isn't yet.

I'm not buying another PPV. I learned my lessons buying MMA cards after St. Pierre v Diaz; and with boxing this Canelo v GGG.

He's received plenty of attention from the media. What's holding him back from being a star is that he doesn't speak English all that well and he's far too nice to get the casuals interested. There's nothing controversial about him, plus his opposition up until the Jacobs fight hadn't been that great. I love watching G, but I totally get why he doesn't really appeal to the casual fan. He isn't "oppressed" by the media; they just don't push him all that much because he's not a huge draw. He absolutely should be a draw, but sadly he isn't yet.

^This. People like to root for (or against) trash-talkers who create trainwrecks wherever they go.

The soft-spoken nice guy generally doesn't become a big star in combat sports unless he has some sort of ethnic/nationalistic fanbase.

I've been absolutely pissed every time I've watched a boxing match in the past. Mayweather Pac cost $100 and sucked. Everything else is a robbery.

So, I stopped watching several years ago. I gave it another chance after enjoying Conor vs Floyd.

So the next big fight is GGG Canelo. Looks awesome. Lol? How can I enjoy something where 1 judge will make it 100000-10 for 1 guy and the other judge 1000000-10 for hte otehr guy? Why don't they just pick rounds at random?

If it were rare that this happened, ok. But it happens like every time.
You're a fairweather fan. You miss the good fights and buy the ones that hardcore fans think are a joke. All of us in this forum called for Pac/Floyd to be a stinker and a blowout. We all called for Conor to be a circus. Why do you tune in for the expensive fights and ignore the sport the rest of the time? You've missed out on some great action this year if you've only watched the PPVs you mentioned.

Furthermore, I don't really get how people say they can't watch a sport because the judges come up with a different score than they did. I think thats one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

I'm not buying another PPV. I learned my lessons buying MMA cards after St. Pierre v Diaz; and with boxing this Canelo v GGG.
You didn't think it was a good fight?

You're a fairweather fan. You miss the good fights and buy the ones that hardcore fans think are a joke. All of us in this forum called for Pac/Floyd to be a stinker and a blowout. We all called for Conor to be a circus. Why do you tune in for the expensive fights and ignore the sport the rest of the time? You've missed out on some great action this year if you've only watched the PPVs you mentioned.

Furthermore, I don't really get how people say they can't watch a sport because the judges come up with a different score than they did. I think thats one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
The big events are you how you draw people in. They watch it, like what they see, and then they watch the smaller events.

Boxing puts on Floyd/ Pac or Canelo/ GGG, a million new potential fans tune in. They all hate it and never watch boxing again.

MMA puts on Conor vs Aldo. One of the most amazing things witnessed. A million new fans now go watch all of Conor's old fights and then watch the next UFC Fight Night.

Very true. The term "robbery" is now just used by butthurt "fans" to cry about close fights. I am also tired of how every popular power puncher is considered to have gotten robbed if they lose a close decision. It is possible to lose rounds while walking forward people!!

If you stop watching boxing because of a bad decision then you were never a fan to begin with.

The big events are you how you draw people in. They watch it, like what they see, and then they watch the smaller events.

Boxing puts on Floyd/ Pac or Canelo/ GGG, a million new potential fans tune in. They all hate it and never watch boxing again.

MMA puts on Conor vs Aldo. One of the most amazing things witnessed. A million new fans now go watch all of Conor's old fights and then watch the next UFC Fight Night.
I can guarantee you that no UFC ppv has ever or will ever make me watch a ufn, a fight for the troops or an overseas card unless it has good competitive fights on it. If morons listen to Dana and rogan banging on about how amazing everything is you know the card sucks.

Tuf is a house full of guys acting like bitches walking around with no shirt on. Cool.

I mean he's 35. A ko machine and is just starting to get some shine.

He's been getting plenty of hype and backing for almost half a decade. It's not like the guys who were avoiding him didn't regularly get chastised in the media, either. In fact, I'd be hardpressed to find any articles which have painted him a negative light (not that he deserves to be painted in a negative light). He's not like other avoided fighters who regularly have hatchet jobs done on them (Rigo, for example). To claim he's been "oppressed" by the boxing media is completely absurd.

Good fight, bad outcome! I feel cheated! #neveragain! /millennial_rant_off
See, I don't get it. The fight was great. I've seen countless fights where I thought the other guy won and its never diminished my enjoyment of the sport.

He's been getting plenty of hype and backing for almost half a decade. It's not like the guys who were avoiding him didn't regularly get chastised in the media, either. In fact, I'd be hardpressed to find any articles which have painted him a negative light (not that he deserves to be painted in a negative light). He's not like other avoided fighters who regularly have hatchet jobs done on them (Rigo, for example). To claim he's been "oppressed" by the boxing media is completely absurd.

I don't think he's been oppressed like the other poster said.
But with an amateur background like genady and his ko streak I would think he would have been a bigger star earlier on.

Now I follow boxing like this. I haven't missed many fights over the last few decades.

I don't know a lot of people who know much about boxing at all so It's rare I talk about it at all.
The only boxing talk I do is on sherdog and y molder brother is the extent of my boxing talk.

I think I'm oppressed.

No. I'm a fan but I honestly couldn't blame you if you walked away. I won't buy GGG-Canelo 2. Enough is enough.

Back