Anyone else a new boxing fan and give up after GGG/ Canelo?

See, I don't get it. The fight was great. I've seen countless fights where I thought the other guy won and its never diminished my enjoyment of the sport.

Yeah I don't understand How the result ruins the experience for ones self.
I loved the fight. Didn't have to be with the wife and kids it was a win win for me.
I wouldn't call a fight like this a robbery.
Or ggg Jacobs a robbery.
I think a draw is Acceptable. I disagree with it but it was a pretty close fight.

Now saying that I think canelo has certain advantages when it goes to the cards. I don't know if golden boy fills pockets of certain judges or what. Close fights you can exploit that in boxing. Everyone one loves a bribe and I don't get why people think a boxing judge is above that. There are no repercussionsfor it. It's so easy to do as it's subjective. And everyone forgets about it.
But these things happen in boxing and can be irritating.

You know the state of boxing is bad when it takes bringing in Conor to liven it up. Lmao

That's like saying who would care if the NBA had scoreboards that gave out points at random

It matters because that's what title shots, contenderships, championships, and records are made of.
No it's not like saying that at all. Judge for yourself. Any decent boxing historian doesn't count bullshit decisions. You think Delahoya "losing" to Trinidad hurt his legacy? Or Whitaker's draw vs Chavez?

NO. Think for yourself.

Dude...fuck the high profile fights...

What you need to do is tune in when Orlando salido fights...this guy is a just bleed fans wet dream...

I also would recommend Errol Spence...

This kid is the next superstar...and he destroys competition...

Lomachemko is fun to watch...

I've been absolutely pissed every time I've watched a boxing match in the past. Mayweather Pac cost $100 and sucked. Everything else is a robbery.

So, I stopped watching several years ago. I gave it another chance after enjoying Conor vs Floyd.

So the next big fight is GGG Canelo. Looks awesome. Lol? How can I enjoy something where 1 judge will make it 100000-10 for 1 guy and the other judge 1000000-10 for hte otehr guy? Why don't they just pick rounds at random?

If it were rare that this happened, ok. But it happens like every time.
Watching every big fight that comes along is not giving it "another chance." It's being a typical casual. You'll be back for the next one.

The big events are you how you draw people in. They watch it, like what they see, and then they watch the smaller events.

Boxing puts on Floyd/ Pac or Canelo/ GGG, a million new potential fans tune in. They all hate it and never watch boxing again.

MMA puts on Conor vs Aldo. One of the most amazing things witnessed. A million new fans now go watch all of Conor's old fights and then watch the next UFC Fight Night.

Its the "big money PPV" promoters who keep putting out fights that end up being stinkers. PPV king Floyd has always put out "boring" fights by casual standards, but the casuals kept paying for them. So of course, the Pac-Floyd fight would be super boring. There was nothing to indicate otherwise.

My personal complaint is the undercards, which they could pack with exciting fighters and foreign champions from lower divisions. But they usually fill it up with their own prospects who they hope to see become big names from the exposure. People who are definitely not worth a $80 PPV.

The best fights aren't on PPV, they're on HBO, SHO or free TV.

The big events are you how you draw people in. They watch it, like what they see, and then they watch the smaller events.

Boxing puts on Floyd/ Pac or Canelo/ GGG, a million new potential fans tune in. They all hate it and never watch boxing again.

MMA puts on Conor vs Aldo. One of the most amazing things witnessed. A million new fans now go watch all of Conor's old fights and then watch the next UFC Fight Night.

Connor vs Aldo was shit, one guy literally walked in to a KO punch 7 seconds in to the fight. If that was boxing you would be complaining about the fight being fixed to help the poster boy.

Its the "big money PPV" promoters who keep putting out fights that end up being stinkers. PPV king Floyd has always put out "boring" fights by casual standards, but the casuals kept paying for them. So of course, the Pac-Floyd fight would be super boring. There was nothing to indicate otherwise.

My personal complaint is the undercards, which they could pack with exciting fighters and foreign champions from lower divisions. But they usually fill it up with their own prospects who they hope to see become big names from the exposure. People who are definitely not worth a $80 PPV.

The best fights aren't on PPV, they're on HBO, SHO or free TV.

Its the casuals own fault.

Pre fight, you keep hearing how Manny was too fast and would put too much pressure for Mayweather style to work, how McGregor was too unpredictible, younger, bigger for Maywheather style to work, then after the fight all they keep doing is crying when their boy gets schooled by Mayweathers style.

People like to draw similarities between MMA and WWE. However, to me, it seems like boxing is more like WWE.

When an upcoming boxing match is on the horizon, all one needs to do is look at which fighter brings in more money to their promotional company (or is more marketable)...that's the guy that is going to win.

"Sorry GGG, Golden Boy Productions & the state of Nevada will make more money from Canelo if he wins than they will from you if you win. However, you already knew that...didn't you."

Since there were no big blockbuster fights signed on the horizon after Canelo/GGG, it doesn't take the Amazing Kreskin to predict that the result of last weekend's fight would be the catalyst for a rematch. I assume most people realized when they ordered the fight, they were simply watching "Part 1" of the series.

I've been absolutely pissed every time I've watched a boxing match in the past. Mayweather Pac cost $100 and sucked. Everything else is a robbery.

So, I stopped watching several years ago. I gave it another chance after enjoying Conor vs Floyd.

So the next big fight is GGG Canelo. Looks awesome. Lol? How can I enjoy something where 1 judge will make it 100000-10 for 1 guy and the other judge 1000000-10 for hte otehr guy? Why don't they just pick rounds at random?

If it were rare that this happened, ok. But it happens like every time.

If you accept that there is a predetermined outcome, it feels less corrupt.

Only if you believe everything is on the up-and-up do you feel like the sport is dirty.

What the hell is all this coming from? Last I heard mma had shit decisions every other month.

Atlas is always in a state of rage on air. The fact he got worked up and started yelling means nothing because it's such a common occurrence.

In spite of the fact that Atlas is a knowledgeable guy who has been around the sport his entire life, he can be extraordinarily biased in his commentary. For reference, see his bizarre vendetta against Wlad Klitschko.
When the klitschkos first started fighting on the world stage and got American coverage it seemed like most of the American analysts had it in for the both of them. I always figured it was old cold war era resentment.

Back