Anyone confused why Frank Mir had his daughter in his corner to watch him get brutalized?

Obviously he wasn’t planning on getting his ass kicked, but if she’s gonna be an mma fighter, she should probably see it up close, good or bad. I’m guessing he’s regretting it now though.

I always hated mir but it’s kinda sad to see him go out like that

Last edited:
My biggest question during that fight is why the hell the referee Mike Beltran didn't immediately call time when he picked up Mir's mouthpiece. What the fuck, isn't that what you're supposed to do, for fighter safety?
Instead the idiot picked up the mouthpiece and watched Mir get punched repeatedly in the mouth until he tapped.

my thought exactly. what an asshole. i'm so sure.

No confusion. He’s a dickhead, these are the types of things dickheads do.

If you watched the fight they mentioned she is a state wrestling champ and plays on a football team as a linebacker. This girl is no pussy and can handle seeing her dad lose. Hell, shes seen her father get destroyed and also seen her dad break dudes limbs. She'll be okay and i think it was a good learning experience.

The linebacker thing seems way crazier to me than the Wrestling champ thing for some reason.

Tough chick!

Which fighter would treat another fighter's kids indecently?

I could see pre-accident Matt Hughes doing it. He bragged about mocking Joe Riggs infront of Joe’s wife after their fight.

“Matt begins this chapter by telling a story about him insulting Joe Riggs......in front of Joe's wife. Apparently a few months after Matt beat Joe, he ran into Joe and his wife somewhere. Joe introduces Matt to his wife, and Matt says, "Hi, I'm Matt, I'm the guy that beat up your husband a few months ago." Matt says everyone laughed, except for Joe and his wife, which led me to wonder who "everyone" was.”

Builds character I guess..
14imxs9_medium.gif
The "what the fuck was I thinking" moment of Coleman's career.

Have any of you stopped to think it was take your kid to work day?

javy-ayala-frank-mir-bellator-212.jpg

I knew it was a horrible idea when i seen her in the corner. Shes like 14 - 15 and watched her dad get beat to a bloody pulp in a cage while she watched. Anyone confused why he had her in his corner to watch him get beat into a pulp?
Perhaps she's made of the tough stuff. Or maybe she's been going on about starting MMA herself and he wanted her to get an up close and personal taste of it and possibly dissuade her from the notion and pursue something more gender appropriate like seamstress or nannie.

They had the camera on her while he was getting chewed up.
She was totally fine.

I don't see much issue with it.

I see from his point of view, "look this is what Dad does for a living, come see the sacrifices I've made over the years to support this family. It's not pretty, but I am a competitor, sometimes i win, sometimes I lose, and getting emotionally toughened by the winning and losing is a life edge"

I don't see much issue with it.

I see from his point of view, "look this is what Dad does for a living, come see the sacrifices I've made over the years to support this family. It's not pretty, but I am a competitor, sometimes i win, sometimes I lose, and getting emotionally toughened by the winning and losing is a life edge"

She was letting Frank be a warrior imo

If you watched the fight they mentioned she is a state wrestling champ and plays on a football team as a linebacker. This girl is no pussy and can handle seeing her dad lose. Hell, shes seen her father get destroyed and also seen her dad break dudes limbs. She'll be okay and i think it was a good learning experience.
Nothing beats an informed viewer/ MMA fan. Well done.

If she were a few years younger, I'd say it was a mistake. Given her age & athletics, no problem with her being cage-side.

I've met Mir and found him to be gracious and generous with his time. Maybe things have changed....

All i can think is if someone bet Ayala 2nd round submission... How much did he got?

She needs to take better care of her teeth. Swollen gums from lack of flossing and the build up on her bucks and the surrounding teeth display a lack of cleanings. Damn shame with her having a cute face.

Shes wants to be a MMA fighter. He said she should see first hand how it all works. Im guessing she changed her mind.
Hopefully she will choice to study singing , acting, swimming..point karate

She is going to be fighting herself in the future,so he thought it would be a good experience for her. That’s what he said anyway.

Back