Any preppers in here?

So where in America would you head in the event of nuclear war, economic collapse and/or totalitarian one world Government?
Canada? At least on paper it looks like Canada has something approaching a half-way reasonable population density.

So where in America would you head in the event of nuclear war, economic collapse and/or totalitarian one world Government?
Canada? At least on paper it looks like Canada has something approaching a half-way reasonable population density.

I've thought about this....Probably depends on which type of event occurs. Nuclear war would definitely depend on where places are getting hit and you'd be extremely lucky coming out on unscathed. I have a friend who has a camp in newfoundland and labradour. But you have to think these remote desolate places to live in would make it pretty hard living conditions as well.

Supposedly atheists make up only 16% of the worlds belief. With that notion that means 84% of the rest of the world believe in a Creator. Hard to testify against or discredit almost 6 billion people.

Over thousand years ago majority of the people believe that the Sun revolves around the earth.

The Point is no matter how many people believe a fairy tale does not make it true.

Supposedly atheists make up only 16% of the worlds belief. With that notion that means 84% of the rest of the world believe in a Creator. Hard to testify against or discredit almost 6 billion people.

I'm not trying to derail your thread but you know at one point, probably in the last 100 years or so, the number of people who believed in a creator was easily 99%. So in another hundred years as science and reason continues to displace religion and superstition, will your argument of "you can't discredit X billion people" be true still? By then billions will be athiests, will you discredit them?

I'm not trying to derail your thread but you know at one point, probably in the last 100 years or so, the number of people who believed in a creator was easily 99%. So in another hundred years as science and reason continues to displace religion and superstition, will your argument of "you can't discredit X billion people" be true still? By then billions will be athiests, will you discredit them?

okay- maybe my argument was a poor one.

But I think the U.S. has been deceived in the past 100 years. I do believe the 'end times' are right around the corner and those that take no position will fall for anything when the antichrist comes on the scene. Atheists or agnostics are easy pickings.

As the old saying goes, 'ya got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.' And I stand on the Word of God and Jesus as my savior. The globalist agenda is there and the one world religion/government is right around the corner. Atheists is part of that plan because your beliefs fluctuate depending on what your told at that given moment. Science comes out tomorrow says life evolved from 'x and x' not 'yz' that was thought before than the "science" group now evolves changes their beliefs to that. There is a lot of danger with that from a biblical perspective.

It doesn't matter which creator? The beliefs regarding creation are not ubiquitous and some theists don't even have a creator in the myth.

Also your numbers are way off. If China is 1.3 Billion they alone are 18%. Where did the 16% come from?

Think more, post less colby.

Not so much a prepper but I have about 5 days food, water, keep a spare propane can for the bbq.
I go camping with my family so we have all the stuff we should need for a good week or so. I do keep $500 (in 20's) in my safe.

I am not prepping as much as lived in LA during the riots and Northridge earthquake, and it was a pain in the ass to get money and or shop. I am still in the LA area just a much more rural area.

It doesn't matter which creator? The beliefs regarding creation are not ubiquitous and some theists don't even have a creator in the myth.

Also your numbers are way off. If China is 1.3 Billion they alone are 18%. Where did the 16% come from?

Think more, post less colby.

Most chinese are not atheists.

I keep batteries , some water, gas for the generator , and a two month supply of dried food for the wife and I ...we good

Of places I personally am familiar with...

I would recommend Coastal Alaska (anywhere south of the Alaska Range but not Seward...), the far southern Rocky mountains, or the far Western Ozarks... or for warmer fair something in Lufkin/Shreveport corridor, or around Leaky Texas.

Mild enough in climate, a lot of game and open countryside, probably far enough away from major urban centers that will empty and scour everything, and few people know much about the areas in question.

Most chinese are not atheists.

Most Mainland Chinese are non-religious, or have a vague notion of ancestor worship and Chinese superstition (medicine.)

Materialism would probably be the most universal belief.

If a nuclear tipped missile(s) was incoming, I would hope im ground zero. Kick back with a beer and wait.

Unfortunately my wife has been sick and unable to work for the last 6 months (still has her job though). We over extended our selves depending on two checks, so we have eaten through our saving and what little we had put back. So if something bad happens guess I'll use force and take other people stuff.

Unfortunately my wife has been sick and unable to work for the last 6 months (still has her job though). We over extended our selves depending on two checks, so we have eaten through our saving and what little we had put back. So if something bad happens guess I'll use force and take other people stuff.
If you have any unique or useful skills, you could always barter them for room and board.

If you have any unique or useful skills, you could always barter them for room and board.

Nah, then I'd have to share. For real though if things got really bad they say people are nine meals away from anarchy. Hopefully things in this country never get that bad. If stuff went down, I got places to go. Not to bad of an outdoorsman, have weapons and ammo to barter with. Long term crisis and everyone is in trouble.

Nah, then I'd have to share. For real though if things got really bad they say people are nine meals away from anarchy. Hopefully things in this country never get that bad. If stuff went down, I got places to go. Not to bad of an outdoorsman, have weapons and ammo to barter with. Long term crisis and everyone is in trouble.

Wow, now that I'm reading more of you I'm liking you more and more. My sincere apologies for jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:
The problem with this movement fundamentally is that the community is largely hyper-individualistic. For any given disaster that's been mentioned here, individuals die, and communities/ tribes survive. So for the people that are stockpiling ammo, weaponry, food, etc. with no strong network to supplement those provisions, you're little better off than the unprepared.

Back