Any preppers in here?

Wow, now that I'm reading more of you. I'm liking you more and more. My sincere apologies for jumping to conclusions.

No problems, we all do it here. Especially when it's an issue we have strong feeling about. There is usually a middle ground we can agree on. I've been working on trying not to call people names and such myself.

No problems, we all do it here. Especially when it's an issue we have strong feeling about. There is usually a middle ground we can agree on. I've been working on trying not to call people names and such myself.

Yeah, I've been saying this. The fact that weapon ownership has been politicized is frustrating, and not to mention especially dangerous considering the entire point of the 2A was to decentralize arms throughout the citizenry.

Yeah, I've been saying this. The fact that weapon ownership has been politicized is frustrating, and not to mention especially dangerous considering the entire point of the 2A was to decentralize arms throughout the citizenry.

We as a nation would rather feel safe than protect our rights. Look at how we rolled over for the patriot act. The United States likes to pretend that our government isn't doing things to hurt our country, but in truth they take so much of our freedom because we roll over and let them.

We as a nation would rather feel safe than protect our rights. Look at how we rolled over for the patriot act. The United States likes to pretend that our government isn't doing things to hurt our country, but in truth they take so much of our freedom because we roll over and let them.

Another non-partisian issue, one which voids any argument that there's an implicit obligation to a social contract.... or at least that gov't should be the enforcement class of it. @HomerThompson

Another non-partisian issue, one which voids any argument that there's an implicit obligation to a social contract.... or at least that gov't should be the enforcement class of it. @HomerThompson

To me, the only way a gun law should be legal is if the United States added an amendment to the constitution. Obviously people want clarification on what guns we should and shouldn't be allowed to have, how many guns, how much ammo we can have, and where and when we can carry. Not saying I'd agree with the out come of said amendment but that is the only clear way not to violate the 2nd amendment with any law.

I wonder if anyone in an ordinary neighborhood has a 10 level basement under their ordinary house.

If nothing else, prepping helps you "harden the fuck up" and potentially lead a more interesting, self-sufficient life.

If nothing else, prepping helps you "harden the fuck up" and potentially lead a more interesting, self-sufficient life.

Sometimes though I feel I get too absorbed by thinking about contingencies. I mean almost every part of my life, even including the career path, jobs, and hobbies I've chosen have been influenced by whether or not its a valuable skill set in a catastrophe, civil unrest etc. ...

Sometimes though I feel I get too absorbed by thinking about contingencies. I mean almost every part of my life, even including the career path, jobs, and hobbies I've chosen have been influenced by whether or not its a valuable skill set in a catastrophe, civil unrest etc. ...
Like anything, there's a balance. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't initially get into prepping to justify my budding gun collection, but with it came an interest in hunting, the outdoors and self-reliance. I feel I'm a better person for it.

Start Prepping up now Wurr is comming!
Wurrrrr Wuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I thought you were talking about PrEP lol

1.jpg

Not really a prepper but I spent 25% of my time doing trail walks, fishing and hiking. I live close to a long stretch of river and hiking trail. My kids 1 teen 2 younger ones can fish. wife is kind of a homebody but she will make do or we'll just ditch her somewhere....IMO winter is the only challenge.

To truly be prepared, you have to spend some time simply walking around and imaging all the humanity that surrounds you as ingredients for your favorite recipes.

The current state of the US is not horrible but my country is starting to become more like Cambodia it seems and if things get bad we could end up like Polpots Cambodia.

Our biggest concern here is not just ecconomic colapse there could also be a civilwar so I guess I have to start prepping.
Ooh that's rough, you'd be in the shit right away.

Ooh that's rough, you'd be in the shit right away.
Things have calmed down already commie rebels have been re arrested and they backedowned and Duterte will no longer support any more talks with them.

i have quite a few cases of water in case of a hurricane. people spending money to get ready for the collapse of society are just being dumb. plenty of real world problems to be prepared for.

Quick question. How many folks in this thread can identify by sight, the poisonous flora in their surrounding area? How many can identify and prepare the flora that can fight inflammation, act as insect repellent or a digestive?
Can you start a fire without anything containing fuel and can you do so reliably enough to guarantee it?
Do you know basic navigation techniques?
Do you know how to set a bone, stitch a wound, or construct a litter carrier?
do you know how to CREATE cordage from natural materials?
basic shelter construction?

Being a prepper is more than having a guns and a bunch of canned food. Ammo goes bad, gets stolen and runs out. guns break and parts become non-existent the moment you need them. If your only hope for first aid is in a prepared case with perishable medications and your only means of communication and transport depend upon what would be unavailable in the situation you're preparing for...you're probably screwed. true prepping comes from aquiring easily available SKILLS. Skills need to be honed and practiced but once you acquire them they are always with you and dont run out or suddenly go bad. things like knowing how to turn animal parts into catgut and making natural adhesives. folks over estimate the carry capacity a given region has in terms of game animals if virtually every one in a region suddenly starts to depend upon it. most rivers would be fished out within a month, and the local game would be depleted within as much time. so i hope you know how to plant grow and harvest your own food.

Outside of prepping for a probable natural disaster in your region (e.g., another flood in Iowa, another hurricane in the gulf states, an earthquake in California, etc.,) a better investment for preppers would be psychiatric treatment.

Back