Any hit to the head causes brain damage

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by mcdowels, May 28, 2018.

1. eternaldarkness

eternaldarkness Brown Belt

you live by the sword you die buy the sword. sometimes i wish we were still fighting with swords. and i understand the concept of valhalla, you wouldn't want to live to an old age if you lived in a cold climate and had been smashed and chopped up a bunch of times.

2. eternaldarkness

eternaldarkness Brown Belt

that's not saying you can't train with swords without too many consequences, but once you start fighting for real you will always be taking damage. i kinda think people that are just doing it as a hobby and to learn a bit of self defence should stay away from heavy sparring. even though i have boxed more than half my life, i still encourage my sparring partners to keep it light. i am usually a lot more experienced and a heavier puncher than most people i spar against, so i always prefer light sparring and only throw hard when they piss me off (usually to the body).

3. Noodles03

Noodles03 Blue Belt

@Sano, what's your opinion on Lion's Mane Mushroom for brain damage?

4. dudeguyman

dudeguyman Kosen Ju-Jitsu

To become the fire you have to get burned.

5. Sano

Sano Black Belt

Don't have one, never heard about it's application. I just read a few articles and read through the cited studies, and as with most nutrion science it's not very well established. Initial reserach in rats on peripheral nerves is not exactly the same thing as CNS regeneration after a concussion. With that said, whatever we take in, including completely down to earth regular food, impacts our health and ability to regenerate cells, including glial cells and neurons. It's not magic.

EDIT: I'm not saying that there isn't a possibility that it's great, just that it's not known. If there's no side effect, and it has other healthy benefits then go for it.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018 at 2:54 AM
    Noodles03 likes this.