Anthony Pettis on critics, bad fights and being called a gatekeeper.

Pettis' career was really weird.

He came up the ranks looking like a killer. Took Bendo out to get the championship.

Then literally fell all the way off the map and just looked like a shadow of himself after that.

Strange, bi-polar career.

You forgot a nice KO of Cowboy and sub of Mendes.

Those 3 were jewels in his crown.

After that - guys started to wrestlefuck him and he got injured a lot...

USADA?

Pettis' career was really weird.

He came up the ranks looking like a killer. Took Bendo out to get the championship.

Then literally fell all the way off the map and just looked like a shadow of himself after that.

Strange, bi-polar career.

Is was only a matter of time until the grapplers caught up to him.

Its sadly only a matter of time until hes cut from the UFC these days....a short matter of time

The curse of the Wheaties
wheaties.0.jpg

curse is amplified by wearing a tie and dress shirt/pants with UFC gloves and belt

I still can't fucking believe they put him on the Wheaties box....

This was a clear indication the UFC really doesn't know what they're doing...

Hey lets suggest they put someone who is more than likely going to lose soon due to the incredibly stacked division they fight in, and there have been clear indications throughout his career that he has holes in his game that can be exploited by a significant number potential opponents....But fuck it...Let's do it anyway because Dana thinks he's marketable....Great Idea...What could possibly go wrong?

Could have been worse..they could have put him on the cover of Sports Illustrated

USADA?
Was racking my brain trying to remember him subbing Mendes lol

Melendez, right?

Hey lets suggest they put someone who is more than likely going to lose soon due to the incredibly stacked division they fight in, and there have been clear indications throughout his career that he has holes in his game that can be exploited by a significant number potential opponents....But fuck it...Let's do it anyway because Dana thinks he's marketable....Great Idea...What could possibly go wrong?

It was a fan vote put on by Wheaties, genius

Lol! It's not that serious. Dana didn't have anything to do with that and even if he did, so what. Good for Pettis.

Honest question

What's worse UFC putting Huerta on SI after a couple fights under the banner?

Or Showtime on the Wheaties box?

Honest question

What's worse UFC putting Huerta on SI after a couple fights under the banner?

Or Showtime on the Wheaties box?

They are both too good looking.

P.S. Great movie - your AV.

Like others in the thread have said, very weird, sharp decline. But the people saying his resume is lacking?? Chill out with all that. We're talking about a guy who beat Benson Henderson twice, Gilbert Melendez, flattened Cowboy with a body kick, starched Lauzon with a head kick.

He might be a gatekeeper now, but people get it twisted, Pettis was 'that' guy in the most competitive division for a minute.

USADA?
Melendez. He never fought Mended.

I would be happy if he woild have a second wind, he was really fun to watch before RDA

Captain hindsight here. At the time he was finishing Bendo & Cowboy inside of 1 round and Melendez within 2. Pushing a young flashy champion isn't a dumb move.

Like others in the thread have said, very weird, sharp decline. But the people saying his resume is lacking?? Chill out with all that. We're talking about a guy who beat Benson Henderson twice, Gilbert Melendez, flattened Cowboy with a body kick, starched Lauzon with a head kick.

He might be a gatekeeper now, but people get it twisted, Pettis was 'that' guy in the most competitive division for a minute.

1st rnd head kick KO of Lauzon. Then, 1st rnd body kick KO of Cowboy. Then, 1st rnd SUB of champ Bendo. Then, 2nd rnd SUB of Gil who had never been finished and hasn’t been finished since...

I’m still waiting for this guy to come back.

Pettis is a great fighter. Will he rise again? Possibly....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back