Anthony Pettis on critics, bad fights and being called a gatekeeper.

In all fairness to Pettis RDA took his soul
And
That was not a natural RDA

Not even once

Yeah, dude was so full of roids he actually moved-up a weight class since USADA and has not yet lost there...
Pettis went 2-4 since USADA and briefly went down in weight, while RDA went 4-2, move-up and beat WW's previous champ, but it's Dos Anjos that is supposed to be suspicious? Come on...

Yeah, dude was so full of roids he actually moved-up a weight class since USADA and has not yet lost there...
Pettis went 2-4 since USADA and briefly went down in weight, while RDA went 4-2, move-up and beat WW's previous champ, but it's Dos Anjos that is supposed to be suspicious? Come on...

That's right

Pettis' career was really weird.

He came up the ranks looking like a killer. Took Bendo out to get the championship.

Then literally fell all the way off the map and just looked like a shadow of himself after that.

Strange, bi-polar career.

He was never perfectly well rounded as a fighter. Great off his back, but not against guys who are amazing at pressuring from full or half guard. His striking was obviously just too accurate and poised for most people to deal with for a while, until suddenly RDA destroyed him and then it wasn't

I still can't fucking believe they put him on the Wheaties box....

To be fair, he finished the champ (Bendo) then a top contender (Gil Melendez) convincingly...and had some other nice KOs (Cerrone, etc.). Still, some of us were in denial about his loss to Clay Guida and his weaknesses against wrestlers.

He was never perfectly well rounded as a fighter. Great off his back, but not against guys who are amazing at pressuring from full or half guard. His striking was obviously just too accurate and poised for most people to deal with for a while, until suddenly RDA destroyed him and then it wasn't

Pettis seemingly got old overnight. He never had the best hands, but he was always a step faster than his opponents, even moving backwards. He survived a lot on his ability to escape the pocket, where he isn't very good.

That RDA fight he looked like he was stuck in quicksand. It was noticably alarming and he hasn't looked the same since, athletically speaking.

Whether USADA was a factor in that or not, I can't say, but he definitely looks like a different fighter.

The guy has had his ups and downs... From one of the best to gatekeeper (yes...). But has some talent and if things went the right way... might return to a top 5 fighter.

You forgot a nice KO of Cowboy and sub of Mendes.

Those 3 were jewels in his crown.

After that - guys started to wrestlefuck him and he got injured a lot...

USADA?

Pettis seemingly got old overnight. He never had the best hands, but he was always a step faster than his opponents, even moving backwards. He survived a lot on his ability to escape the pocket, where he isn't very good.

That RDA fight he looked like he was stuck in quicksand. It was noticably alarming and he hasn't looked the same since, athletically speaking.

Whether USADA was a factor in that or not, I can't say, but he definitely looks like a different fighter.

It's almost certainly a case of guys figuring him out and Pettis not adapting more than it is USADA.

Not sure why people think USADA stops people from juicing, anyway. Do people believe the first time a guy pops is also the first time a guy uses? People are beating it all the time, people getting caught is proof of that.

Honest question

What's worse UFC putting Huerta on SI after a couple fights under the banner?

Or Showtime on the Wheaties box?

Easily Wheaties....

The SI cover was just basically an article about the UFC, and they put Huerta on the cover because he's good looking....

Wheaties is literally and specifically used for the hands down premier top athlete from a particular sport....It was a total disaster.....

Why do you assume people stop roiding because USADA is around?

in case you didn't notice, people still get caught. unless you think they were only juicing the times they get caught?

To be fair, he finished the champ (Bendo) then a top contender (Gil Melendez) convincingly...and had some other nice KOs (Cerrone, etc.). Still, some of us were in denial about his loss to Clay Guida and his weaknesses against wrestlers.

So he won a few fights....I have no possible idea how anyone could have been in denial about his loss to Clay...And I think many forget he arguably lost to Stephens right after that.Then he pulled off a few quick wins....

Oh throw him on the cover of Wheaties....

It was Dana White using very poor judgment in a rush to find a new guy.....He severely miscalculated and the president of the UFC has to have the brains to know better....

This isn't to say he's some shit fighter...He's not....He's very talented. But it should have been clear as day that this certainly wasn't the person you should have been pushing to put on a Wheaties box....

Seriously? You watched a million of his fights and you don't know about Bendo or Giblert? SMH.
Well yeah the jump off the cage kick is what he’s famous for but other then that I forget. I’m head is full of other useless shit like all the Pride, Dream and Rizin stuff.

Back