Anthony Pettis: Anderson Silva broke his leg because of an amateur mistake!

Ok... Pettis been getting on my nerves lately, poking his head in and saying stupid stuff when he hasn't fought in a billion years.

*Looks at signature*

Oh ok. :rolleyes:

So, answering questions genuinely isn't the right thing to do. Got it, sherdog.

I'm not watching 13 minutes of this guy.

*Looks at signature*

Oh ok. :rolleyes:

Has nothing to do with being a Silva fan or a Bendo fan or whoever you want to pretend my liking of makes me biased. Just like, dat irony, and the fact that the dude is nowhere near the same kind of legacy as guys like Anderson and GSP, he should just stick to talking about his own shit going forward. If he gets asked a question I guess go ahead and answer it but using words like "amateur" is kind of backhanded, whether he meant it to be that way or not.

His blind loyalty defense with Rufus really ruffled my feathers more than anything else so anything he's said before and after just seem more annoying now.

We're not talking about your typical sherdog fan who spoke on the topic. Sure, anyone can give their honest assessment/opinion, but Pettis has been training for a loooonnng time, and he knows the kicking game. Doesn't matter if he has a hard time staying healthy, dude comprehends it and gave an honest answer.

Has nothing to do with being a Silva fan or a Bendo fan or whoever you want to pretend my liking of makes me biased. Just like, dat irony, and the fact that the dude is nowhere near the same kind of legacy as guys like Anderson and GSP, he should just stick to talking about his own shit going forward. If he gets asked a question I guess go ahead and answer it but using words like "amateur" is kind of backhanded, whether he meant it to be that way or not.

His blind loyalty defense with Rufus really ruffled my feathers more than anything else so anything he's said before and after just seem more annoying now.

Why are you all butthurt, he was asked specifically about the leg break and explained why he's not worried about throwing kicks.

Bas explained how and why it happened a long time ago, Pettis basically said the same thing as Bas.

Are you suggesting he should have ignored the question and be rude to the interviewer?

Amateur? Anderson Silva never lost to Clay Guida..

Actually, yes I do. I watched the episode. DFW said it was non physical because of Pettis' knee. Also, as I said before, we DO know when it occurred because of events televised on the show. Also, he wasn't free to train in full on May 29th at all. He was cleared to start training certain things. No one knows when he was 100% back ready to fight, but if it was concerning enough to not let him do a physical coach's challenge in late August/early September, he surely could not have fought in the summer. As he said (since I am believing him) early fall (early/mid November) was also stated by him. That actually sounds more towards what MIGHT could have happened. That puts TUF pushing back his fight a whole 3 weeks.........

It's possible and even probable that Pettis was fine starting a training camp without being able to do everything. Which would explain why he said that he could fight in late summer/early fall but the UFC didn't want to risk a young champion getting re-injured so they put him on TUF and told him to hold back on training till he can do everything.

Ok... and??? We've heard this a billion times. Pettis been getting on my nerves lately, poking his head in and saying stupid/unnecessary stuff when he hasn't fought in a billion years.

He was asked a question retard.

Amateur? Anderson Silva never lost to Clay Guida..

Anthony Pettis never got outworked & finished by Chonan.

Neither of them are amateurs, but both are capable of making mistakes. There aren't that many more humans on the earth qualified to analyze it than Pettis. Who else? Crocop, Lyoto, Bas, Spong?

People...rather, Silva apologists were mad at Bas for explaining what happened too.

Timestamp or quote? Or is the entire 13 minute video talking about how Anderson made an amateur mistake?

Didn't sound arrogant at all. I'm sure if he broke his leg in a similar fashion he'd call it the same way: an amateur mistake.

Sherdog logic:

Fighter A is confident and politically correct = He's an arrogant jerk (i.e., Jones, Pettis)

Fighter B talks trash and flaunts himself = He's confident and entertaining (i.e., The GOAT, Sonnen)

Didn't sound arrogant at all. I'm sure if he broke his leg in a similar fashion he'd call it the same way: an amateur mistake.

Sherdog logic:

Fighter A is confident and politically correct = He's an arrogant jerk (i.e., Jones, Pettis)

Fighter B talks trash and flaunts himself = He's confident and entertaining (i.e., The GOAT, Sonnen)

LMAO at Jones being politically correct.

Everything Anderson Silva does in the cage is an 'amateur mistake'.

Yet he's GOAT

Why are you commenting on an interview you clearly haven't watched?

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back