Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder: Eddie Hearn makes LA trip in bid to seal fight

aries

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So there may actually be one good thing that comes out of the Fury vs Wilder result. It could make it easier for a Wilder vs AJ fight to happen. And Eddie Hearn is flying out to LA to make it happen. Of course the result gives Eddie more bargaining power and a draw was important as it means that Wilder keeps the WBC belt so that Joshua can unify. Wilder will have less bargaining power because most people think he lost to Fury. I really hope this fights gets done.

And on a side note I think that Joshua wants no part of Fury after seeing the display he put on against Wilder.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/anthony-joshua-vs-deontay-wilder-13682330

Last edited:
I’m happy if it’s on DAZN.

It looks like the Fury fight has backed Wilder into a corner. Take the Joshua fight, and possibly lose.

Why do people seem to think Joshua would be unwilling to fight Fury? He has spoke on many occasions about wanting the Fury figh, while Fury has repeatedly expressed no desire to fight Joshua.

It looks like the Fury fight has backed Wilder into a corner. Take the Joshua fight, and possibly lose.

Why do people seem to think Joshua would be unwilling to fight Fury? He has spoke on many occasions about wanting the Fury figh, while Fury has repeatedly expressed no desire to fight Joshua.
Just my view but Joshua isn't the fastest boxer on his feet. I think Fury would make him look just as silly as Wilder with his movement. But maybe that's just me as a fan of AJ. I just think it would be a fight that highlighted all of AJ's shortcomings as a fighter. As a fighter I don't think AJ is scared of Fury at all. Fury doesn't have dangerous power so Joshua wouldn't have to take a nasty KO or a career shortening beating at Fury's hands.

I think he thinks that Deontay is probably the easier fight of the two now. And tbh I agree with Eddie.

And tbh I really don't care who fights next as long as it's between the three guys. This is awesome.

Fury would toy with Joshua. And probably get dropped at least once.

I think AJ will fight Fury, I dont believe any of the ducking claims thrown his way tbh. He hasnt shown anything to make me believe it yet. Not doing AJ/Fury is worse for Hearn than AJ taking a loss imho, especially if he plans to fight guys like Usyk instead who still pose a serious risk while being much smaller fights.

Anyway, how badly has Wilders attempted cherry pick turned out? the walls are closing in now.

Eddie was 100% sure that Wilder would smash Fury.

Now he wants to secure the fight vs AJ, before they come to an agreement for a immediate rematch, in which Wilder could lose his officially undefeated record. Understand: A lot of people don't know shit about boxing and really think its a legit draw. Not to mention the devastating knockdown in round 12.

Also him and Fury dont get along. So he's not even looking at AJ vs Fury as an option.

On one hand smart by Eddie, on the other hand he's a freaking moron because he waited so long. Seems like Shelly Finkel was telling the truth after all, while Eddie did his best to delay the negotiations, because he was negotiating with DAZN seperately. I thought he's a good guy, but seemingly just another greedy promotor puke, LOL.

. Seems like Shelly Finkel was telling the truth after all, while Eddie did his best to delay the negotiations.

Or maybe he thinks Finkel and co will actually take the fight now that their bargaining chips are running out and they cant stall for a US venue with paid up judges and 50/50 (or 60/40 Wilder) anymore.

Or maybe he thinks Finkel and co will actually take the fight now that their bargaining chips are running out and they cant stall for a US venue with paid up judges and 50/50 (or 60/40 Wilder) anymore.
This. They don't want a rematch with Fury after 'losing' the first fight. AJ is the only fight left on the table for them at this point. They need to make it before Wilder takes another loss at Fury's hands. And we now know why they are so keen to have the fight happen on American soil. The only thing left outstanding is how much did the Wilder Fury fight make in terms of PPV.

So there may actually be one good thing that comes out of the Fury vs Wilder result. It could make it easier for a Wilder vs AJ fight to happen. And Eddie Hearn is flying out to LA to make it happen. Of course the result gives Eddie more bargaining power and a draw was important as it means that Wilder keeps the WBC belt so that Joshua can unify. Wilder will have less bargaining power because most people think he lost to Fury. I really hope this fights gets done.

And on a side note I think that Joshua wants no part of Fury after seeing the display he put on against Wilder.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/anthony-joshua-vs-deontay-wilder-13682330
Bet Shelly Finkel refuses to meet up with him though, he's a dick like that.

Eddie doesn't want his man against either imo, he goes into panic stations thiking about it, but they're backed into a corner now

Bet Shelly Finkel refuses to meet up with him though, he's a dick like that.
Finkel does seem to be a problem. I reckon he feeds Wilder a bunch of BS about how much he's 'worth'.

I don't think so... As I mentioned: He was sure that Wilder wins easily. He said it himself. He was expecting a Wilder win, and he wanted a Wilder win, because beating Fury would raise his profile in the UK.

This 60/40 is just something Wilder threw out there. The guys dumber than dirt and probably has less insight than we as far as the negotiations goes, LOL.

Eddie doesn't want his man against either imo, he goes into panic stations thiking about it, but they're backed into a corner now
I don't buy that. Hearn as a promoter hasn't been shy about pushing he's fighter's into fights that they could very easily lose. He put Brook in against GGG ffs and against Spence. And he's already had AJ in against Wlad. That was a huge gamble that luckily paid off. Eddie's main issue with Wilder seems to be about pay. He see's AJ as the A-side and Wilder as a clear B-side. If Wilder can't get his ego in check (asking for 50/50 is absurd) then that could be a real issue for making the fight as Hearn isn't going to concede to such silly demands.

Finkel does seem to be a problem. I reckon he feeds Wilder a bunch of BS about how much he's 'worth'.

Yea... He also thinks that Chisora planned the Takam fight line by line.

Yea... He also thinks that Chisora planned the Takam fight line by line.
Does he? I'd not heard that one. Chisora game planned well for that fight but the KO was pretty unexpected.

Fury and Joshua will definitely fight. No way Joshua could justify fighting fury before the wilder fight because there we so many question marks. Not the case now. Think Joshua loses. Furys only gonna improve on that performance imo. Tough fight to call in all honesty

Back