Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder: Eddie Hearn makes LA trip in bid to seal fight

AJ is the “A side” for both the Wilder and Fury fights ... I think if all parties are reasonable then the first fight will actually be AJ vs Wilder in the UK, huge event with a big payout for Wilder and a humongous one for AJ. AJ should unify and then have the inevitable all-British showdown with Fury, which would be absolutely massive and bring the UK to a standstill.

Looking forward!

Aj wants both fury and wilder she has said it it. He wants all the belts and the pay days.

Not saying he can beat both but I am sure he wants the fights but on his terms.

I think best to try and get the wilder fight first as whoever wins a rematch will have their stock considerably higher and that will effect the negations and make life harder for Hearn

My favourite KO of 2018. Pissed my pants when it happened.
Yeah it was a fucking shocker. Didn't think Chisora had it in him. 2 rounds quicker than AJ managed as well. Takam was a hard nut.

Aj wants both fury and wilder she has said it it. He wants all the belts and the pay days.

Not saying he can beat both but I am sure he wants the fights but on his terms.

I think best to try and get the wilder fight first as whoever wins a rematch will have their stock considerably higher and that will effect the negations and make life harder for Hearn
I think the timing is perfect for Hearn to make a fight with Wilder BEFORE a rematch between Wilder and Fury can happen. I wasn't happy about Fury not getting the decision but if it means we can get a Wilder Joshua fight done then I'm somewhat happy.

I think the timing is perfect for Hearn to make a fight with Wilder BEFORE a rematch between Wilder and Fury can happen. I wasn't happy about Fury not getting the decision but if it means we can get a Wilder Joshua fight done then I'm somewhat happy.

Yeah that’s the fight I want in April then let the winner fight fury.

Still not sure if it will happen though let’s see

Fury and Joshua will definitely fight. No way Joshua could justify fighting fury before the wilder fight because there we so many question marks. Not the case now.

Joshua and Fury didn't fight because they and their mangers don't get along and you could tell Fury had an attitude to him that he felt like he was sticking it to Hearn by signing the Wilder fight. It definitely wasn't some moral decision on Joshua and his team.

Fight will happen on US soil. Joshua gets decapitated.

Joshua and Fury didn't fight because they and their mangers don't get along and you could tell Fury had an attitude to him that he felt like he was sticking it to Hearn by signing the Wilder fight. It definitely wasn't some moral decision on Joshua and his team.

Complete nonsense, they’ll fight. Wilder jumped at the opportunity probably thinking he’s getting Fury at the right time. Gamble nearly backfired

Complete nonsense, they’ll fight. Wilder jumped at the opportunity probably thinking he’s getting Fury at the right time. Gamble nearly backfired
I didn't say they wouldn't fight, they most likely will at some point, maybe soon. I'm just stating that if Furys team would have called Hearn instead of Wilders and said he seriously wanted to fight Joshua they would have been all over it.

Edit: For the record I'm not criticizing Joshua. I'm a fan.

Yeah I've changed my mind again. AJ will beat Wilder. AJ to me looks to improve and grow and, even though limited, has better boxing than Wilder.

Not as much to avoid being hit but enough to slip a few of Wilders bombs and Crack him first.

And if Fury can get up from a Wilder bomb, I don't see why a guy who got bombed by Wlad can't also get up.

I don't buy that. Hearn as a promoter hasn't been shy about pushing he's fighter's into fights that they could very easily lose. He put Brook in against GGG ffs and against Spence. And he's already had AJ in against Wlad. That was a huge gamble that luckily paid off. Eddie's main issue with Wilder seems to be about pay. He see's AJ as the A-side and Wilder as a clear B-side. If Wilder can't get his ego in check (asking for 50/50 is absurd) then that could be a real issue for making the fight as Hearn isn't going to concede to such silly demands.

Tbh mate, Brook’s resume would look appalling at this stage of his career if he didn’t have those fights and he put AJ in with a Klitschko who had been on the couch for 2 years, was coming off a loss and was 41 years old. Hardly gambles of the century.

I just hope that aj starts fighting wilder and fury. Heck even an aj vs king kong fight would be interesting.

Tbh mate, Brook’s resume would look appalling at this stage of his career if he didn’t have those fights and he put AJ in with a Klitschko who had been on the couch for 2 years, was coming off a loss and was 41 years old. Hardly gambles of the century.

and parker (who wilder avoided) and Povotkin. These are top heavyweights

I didn't say they wouldn't fight, they most likely will at some point, maybe soon. I'm just stating that if Furys team would have called Hearn instead of Wilders and said he seriously wanted to fight Joshua they would have been all over it.

Edit: For the record I'm not criticizing Joshua. I'm a fan.

There’s no way fury could’ve fought joshua before the wilder fight. How could he justify it? he fought 2 exhibition fights against cans after balooning to close to 30 stone.
The wbc seems to let wilder pick and choose whoever he wants to fight. That’s why the fight was made. At that point it was his only route to a title. And I think most fans would agree he didn’t deserve a shot at 3 belts based on those 2 fights
In fact wilder had him signed up after his first ‘fight’ if you can call it that

and parker (who wilder avoided) and Povotkin. These are top heavyweights

Povetkin was a good win for sure, not convinced about Parker. Arguably lost to Ruiz and Hughie. Wouldn’t say he’s a top heavyweight, but he’s decent and in no way am I saying he’s a bum.

Povetkin was a good win for sure, not convinced about Parker. Arguably lost to Ruiz and Hughie. Wouldn’t say he’s a top heavyweight, but he’s decent and in no way am I saying he’s a bum.

Agree.....but he had the belt....wilder should have fought him first, then could have had two and then the AJ fight would have happened already

Agree.....but he had the belt....wilder should have fought him first, then could have had two and then the AJ fight would have happened already

Definitely, looks like it could be happening next anyway from what I’ve been reading.

The best thing for boxing would be an undefeated AJ taking on an undefeated Fury. The sport goes as the heavyweight division goes, it's said. With AJ becoming a poster boy and Fury's outspoken style, along with his recovery and comeback, it's a great clash of styles.

The best thing for boxing would be an undefeated AJ taking on an undefeated Fury. The sport goes as the heavyweight division goes, it's said. With AJ becoming a poster boy and Fury's outspoken style, along with his recovery and comeback, it's a great clash of styles.
Wilder is undefeated too

Back