Anthony Bourdain is a Coward

Rupert was in the documentary about Philadelphia culinary legend Georges Perrier.

Unfortunately I didn't get into the good food scene until after Le Bec Fine closed.

I've been to 2 of his proteges restaurants, Nicholas Elmi's Laurel and Pierre Calmel's Bibou. Both were amazing.

Yeah and he is known as a great person.

Him and tony on tv had great chemistry together. Also Le Bernardin is fantastic place to eat. It's very expensive though

I'm not sure everyone who kills themselves are cowards, I think some are brave, whether they should have done it or not.

hey there dontsnitch,

if you're making a considered, rational decision (as opposed to being in some kind of manic, depressed state), yeah. i think you're right.

it takes alot of guts to kill yourself, in that case.

Bourdain was sober. he had achieved success - as a matter of fact, he seemed to be ascending.

he'd lived a rich, full life.

anyone who'd read his work had to know there was a "you know what? fuck it, i'm going for it" credo he marched by. maybe he was a coward. or maybe he wasn't.

maybe he thought about it and figured he just wanted out.

- IGIT

quote-it-is-only-a-man-s-own-fundamental-thoughts-that-have-truth-and-life-in-them-for-it-is-these-that-arthur-schopenhauer-164778.jpg

This pessimistic view of live and this attitude of "once you get depressed, there is nothing to can do to not kill yourself" is exactly why suicides are up 33%. You guys are giving passes to people who selfishly end their own lives. And Fuck outta here with this "You don't understand depression" bullshit, A friend of mines had 70% of his body burned in war and lost his limbs. He continues to live his life to the fullest and refuses to admit to the "woe is me" mentality. You guys are simply pussies.
<WellThere>

I'm not sure everyone who kills themselves are cowards, I think some are brave, whether they should have done it or not.

Nothing is braver than giving up forever. Makes sense.

Tldw.

Unless you've experienced depression and suicidal ideation, you can fuck off.

@abiG, you are demented bringing a completely irrelevant issue into this thread.

Oh poor fucking you. Cry me a river.

Cliffs:
  • He had an 11-year old daughter
  • Lived a life of hedonism
  • Suicide, when you have family members that love you, is ultimate cowardice.

You are a coward no matter what if you kill yourself. Doesn't matter if you have a family or are an INCEL leftist SJW. You are a coward and take a coward's way out. Fact.

How is it that you think the same exact thing I do on this subject and never backed me one time when it came up in our other home ?

Asshole

Which one of you two is sleeping on the couch tonight?

He's 100% right.

Stop making excuses for people with good lives and families that commit suicide. The celebration of Nihilism is only making matters worse.
I was gonna say, I dunno if I'd call it cowardice, but it's definitely narcissistic. Suicide ripples like little else.

Do you think in a society where everyone is super excepting of it is likely to have more or less suicide ?

I wonder what the suicide rates look like at the moment do you know ?

i think there are many factors in suicide rates climbing. I would point more to general boredom and restlessness, as a result of being at the apex of human knowledge. People are really getting a sense of their overall "worker ant" spot in life, and dream for something more a lot less. That, combined with great lives shoved in everyone's face all the fucking time on social media, is leading to spikes in depression. People have a greater sense of entitlement these days as well, and when that entitlement isn't fulfilled, I imagine it rocks a lot of people's worlds. Specifically younger people, but we're seeing older people getting bitten by that bug too. I think people have a more "all or nothing" mentality today than they did in the past.

As to your point, I don't know if people are more "accepting" of the idea, rather than working to understand it more.

You are a coward no matter what if you kill yourself. Doesn't matter if you have a family or are an INCEL leftist SJW. You are a coward and take a coward's way out. Fact.

hello there Judge,

if you believe life is precious and unique and happens only once (i don't know if Bourdain wrote about this, but he strikes me as a "agnostic verging on atheism" sort of fellow) - then i think it takes quite a bit of courage to leap into the void.

its the end, afterall, and there is nothing after that.

i'd be afraid of that kind of thing.

- IGIT

Oh poor fucking you. Cry me a river.

Which one of you two is sleeping on the couch tonight?
You mad bro? Why so judgemental?

For people that don't know Owen Benjamin is a struggling comedian who recently decided that he was going to become a "right wing" comedian to try and get some traction.

I guess you're just stronger than most people with these afflictions.
Are you on any meds or in counseling?

at first i was but I hated that even worse and was quite aware I didnt want to feel like that all the time

I had a good counselor when I was young teach me some tricks and to treat it like a game that you must play against yourself to stay alive and it really did wonders. You cant control depression its true but you can control you and what you do when it hits.

Also my mom drilled into my head daily that no situation in life is permanent and that I cant find out whats next if I quit and she made me drill it daily for a decade.

Im a very strange person a lot of the time. I collect toys, I listen to weird music, I wear the same outfit daily, I paint my nails bright colors, I have a back bedroom I call my safe room I hide from the world in when I have to . Almost all of these things are things I do to protect myself from the darkness in my own mind and stay surrounded by cheerful things that uplift me

This is the most I think I have talked about it in quite some time as well because it embarrasses me to be afflicted like this

I do not know how it effects other people but I do know that it scares me that people are a little too understanding and sometimes that fear of the pain you cause is the only candle that burns in the night

If my fellow doggers ever wondered why I am a spazztic moron sometimes the answer is in this post

It's better than clinging on 20 too many years as a shriveled up, demented, living corpse, to the point where you've been forgotten by anybody who may have ever cared about you. If your death is not mourned, your death is without a purpose. The experience of a loss is as important for the growth of children as the sense of possession.

{<doc}

What in the fuck?

at first i was but I hated that even worse and was quite aware I didnt want to feel like that all the time

I had a good counselor when I was young teach me some tricks and to treat it like a game that you must play against yourself to stay alive and it really did wonders. You cant control depression its true but you can control you and what you do when it hits.

Also my mom drilled into my head daily that no situation in life is permanent and that I cant find out whats next if I quit and she made me drill it daily for a decade.

Im a very strange person a lot of the time. I collect toys, I listen to weird music, I wear the same outfit daily, I paint my nails bright colors, I have a back bedroom I call my safe room I hide from the world in when I have to . Almost all of these things are things I do to protect myself from the darkness in my own mind and stay surrounded by cheerful things that uplift me

This is the most I think I have talked about it in quite some time as well because it embarrasses me to be afflicted like this

I do not know how it effects other people but I do know that it scares me that people are a little too understanding and sometimes that fear of the pain you cause is the only candle that burns in the night

If my fellow doggers ever wondered why I am a spazztic moron sometimes the answer is in this post
Thanks for opening up. :)

I won't judge him but I couldn't imagine causing my young daughter that sort of pain.

It's better than clinging on 20 too many years as a shriveled up, demented, living corpse, to the point where you've been forgotten by anybody who may have ever cared about you. If your death is not mourned, your death is without a purpose. The experience of a loss is as important for the growth of children as the sense of possession.

If you've raise your kids well enough, they'll survive without you. If they don't, then well, maybe you shouldn't have made them so dependent on you.

A father is not a mother. It's nice to have a "father figure" around, but our species has been quite capable of surviving and striving, despite most fathers dying between the ages of 20 to 30. To live to 60+ is a privilege.

Is that what you think being 60 is? Jesus Christ, you people are pathetic.

This is very superficial. You have no idea the mental state of another. You have no idea what he felt like. Not one second in his body. Not everything can be solved with money and women.

I've dealt with people who to this day can't even talk about the day they lost their leg to a IED, you are making excuses.

Even if they are pussies, what's wrong with someone taking their life?....If your an old man or somebody who simply doesn't want to live, you have the right to take your life.......and if you get mad at that fact, you're a fucking pussy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now when they have kids and shit, I understand the anger of other people...or the family members of said person, specially if they depend on em....However people have the rights to be pussies and kill selves.

You gotta be a bigger pussy to hate someone who killed themselves that has nothing to do with you IMO

You are selfish pussies for not even considering what your death will mean to the ones around you and killing yourself isn't going to change that fact. There are too many strong people out there who shouldn't even be alive right now but keep going in good spirits for me to give sympy to someone who thinks taking their own life is in anyway nobel.

Is that what you think being 60 is? Jesus Christ, you people are pathetic.

I've dealt with people who to this day can't even talk about the day they lost their leg to a IED, you are making excuses.

You are selfish pussies for not even considering what your death will mean to the ones around you and killing yourself isn't going to change that fact. There are too many strong people out there who shouldn't even be alive right now but keep going in good spirits for me to give sympy to someone who thinks taking their own life is in anyway nobel.

Not every human being is the same person. They are all unique. What is easy for one may be difficult for another. Not everyone is playing with the same hand.

In a primal sense, it makes some sense. There's a reason most people, even under the worst of circumstances won't choose death over life. It's because they're fucking terrified of death and the unknown, over whatever other option they've got. That other option could be utterly horrific, and I'd wager most would take their chances with whatever life is offering at the moment.

In a weird way, it does take some balls to snuff yourself out.

For people that don't know Owen Benjamin is a struggling comedian who recently decided that he was going to become a "right wing" comedian to try and get some traction.

He didn't 'decide' to become a right wing comedian, he was fired after saying that kids should not be allowed to go through sex change surgery and hormones in the name of "gender identity" which is a strictly left wing opinion.

...is what many people tell themselves, during the quiet, solitary hours of the night.

You can play it that way, certainly. But lets just acknowledge all of this, for what it is. People don't really say that out of a position of strength and certainty, but out of their own fear and terror of the unknown. Death is the ultimate unknown, a complete loss of all control and faculties. A slow slip into the darkness, and beyond, an "unbecoming" of everything that we've built ourselves into.

They want to shame themselves and others with the idea that striving for death instead of life, is cowardly, unmanly, shameful, disgraceful. That may work for those who are still among the living. But the dead don't really care about that.

This is not about shaming Bourdain, because he doesn't even exist anymore. He's beyond concepts such as shame and disgrace, at this point. It's about shaming others away from potentially doing what he did.

Does it work? Probably, atleast in the case of the meek and the submissive. But I don't necessarily consider shame and disgrace, a reason enough to go on living. I reckon we should give people a little more to cling onto.

He didn't 'decide' to become a right wing comedian, he was fired after saying that kids should not be allowed to go through sex change surgery and hormones in the name of "gender identity" which is a strictly left wing opinion.

What was he fired from?

Back