Anthony Bourdain is a Coward

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Cliffs:
  • He had an 11-year old daughter
  • Lived a life of hedonism
  • Suicide, when you have family members that love you, is ultimate cowardice.

He's 100% right.

Stop making excuses for people with good lives and families that commit suicide. The celebration of Nihilism is only making matters worse.

60+ years on this planet is plenty enough. Better to go out while people still remember you for who you were.

We cling onto life too desperately in these times. The idea of someone just taking themselves "out of the game" scares us, especially when they're in possession of all that we seemingly desire out of our lives.

We start to despise them, because they force us to question whether it is all worthwhile in the end.

Last edited:
He's dead...

Get over it..

He 100% nailed it.

Anyone remember back when suicide was thought to be 'the cowards way out?'

Perhaps if suicide wasn't romanticized as it has been in recent history, and viewed as an act of selfish abandonment of all friends and family, there'd be fewer suicides.

Anthony was an incredible guy who had terrible demons his entire life.

Also who is that can in the OP video. Just some no name loser giving his useless opinion in a video

I'm not sure everyone who kills themselves are cowards, I think some are brave, whether they should have done it or not.

60+ years on this planet is plenty enough. Better to go out while people still remember you for who you were.

We cling onto life too desperately in these times. The idea of someone just taking themselves "out of the game" scares us, especially when they're in possession of all that we seemingly desire out of our lives.

We start to despise them, because they force us to question whether it is all worthwhile in the end.

If you think 60 is a good age to die, you have an absolutely pathetic outlook on life and likely have no kids or family to even make a statement like that.

Sherdog has very nuanced and informed opinions on mental illness lol

Tldw.

Unless you've experienced depression and suicidal ideation, you can fuck off.

@abiG, you are demented bringing a completely irrelevant issue into this thread.

People also don't mention that his best bud Eric Ripert found him in his hotel room.

If you have ever seen Eric on TV the man is a gem and really loved Tony. Must be tearing him apart on the inside. Eric is known as an incredible person who never speaks a bad word about anyone. Unfortunately he had to find his friend like that.

stephan-bonnar-bellator-131.jpg

Dude looks and sounds like stephan bonnar.

He's 100% right.

Stop making excuses for people with good lives and families that commit suicide. The celebration of Nihilism is only making matters worse.

How is it that you think the same exact thing I do on this subject and never backed me one time when it came up in our other home ?

Asshole

Back