Crime Another terror attack in France, another suspect on the terror watch list...

I guess your being sarcastic? To me it felt like it was almost every 6 months.

I know what you mean and it's a sad commentary that we expect terror attacks all the time now so that hundreds killed or wounded in attacks as recently as last year seem like progress. This UN Migration Pact just ensures that the next generation will think a week without one is progress.

Any news on how bad?

2 Confirmed fatalities, up to 10 wounded. Shit bag still on the run. Unconfirmed reports he's been spotted and there is an ongoing fire-fight between him and French cops.

The reason people are on a watch list and not already incarcerated is because there's insufficient evidence to charge them with a crime.

And I for one don't want to change to a society where we can start arresting people without evidence

2 Confirmed fatalities, up to 10 wounded. Shit bag still on the run. Unconfirmed reports he's been spotted and there is an ongoing fire-fight between him and French cops.

Unfortunately they say four are confirmed dead in Swedish media. They also have reports on that he's been located, as you say.

The reason people are on a watch list and not already incarcerated is because there's insufficient evidence to charge them with a crime.

And I for one don't want to change to a society where we can start arresting people without evidence

Don't worry, that won't happen.

At least not until a lot more politicians are killed. As long as it's only ordinary members of the public being stabbed, shot or blown to pieces, there's no need to panic:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Fatalities up to 4 now and at least 11 wounded.

Also confirmed the police tried to arrest him this morning. That should be an interesting story.

Don't worry, that won't happen.

At least not until a lot more politicians are killed. As long as it's only ordinary members of the public being stab, shot or blown to pieces, there's no need to panic:rolleyes:

That's nice.

Did you want to say something relevant to my point, or is that it?

That's nice.

Did you want to say something relevant to my point, or is that it?

Frankly, what I already said was more than your, "point" deserved. So yeah, I guess we'll leave it at that.

This time in Strasbourg.

What exactly is the point in having these lists if the people on it are allowed to stay in the country and somehow obtain highly illegal firearms to carry out these attacks?

Virtually every attack in Europe is accompanied by "suspect is known to authorities" and on some kind of watch list.

Are the terror watch lists just another excuse to give big government/globalist minions all kinds of cash to do nothing of consequence, but appear to be doing something about terrorism? Oh, let's go to red alert. That will show them.
No, the reason they are on terror watch lists, not preemptively imprisoned when they have committed no crime, and there is no evidence they will, is precisely what precludes us from being those authoritarian, big governments flanked by their minion gestapos.

You sound like you'd be happy in China: snug as a bug.

No, the reason they are on terror watch lists, not preemptively imprisoned when they have committed no crime, and there is no evidence they will, is precisely what precludes us from being those authoritarian, big governments flanked by their minion gestapos.

You sound like you'd be happy in China: snug as a bug.

Actually the watch lists sound like something out of China, except there it would be for a purpose. That's what I find odd. Virtually every terrorist seems to be on a terror watch list and "known to authorities" what exactly is the purpose in them? My opinion it's just another of example of these governments focusing on appearing to do something rather than actually doing something about terrorism. Lots of the people who have identified certainly should have qualified for deportation and yet none seem to be deported before they start killing people, which renders the entire program useless.

Actually the watch lists sound like something out of China, except there it would be for a purpose. That's what I find odd. Virtually every terrorist seems to be on a terror watch list and "known to authorities" what exactly is the purpose in them? My opinion it's just another of example of these governments focusing on appearing to do something rather than actually doing something about terrorism.
No, internment sounds like China:
China holds one million Uighur Muslims in concentration camps

Thanks.

Back