Another Great Night For WMMA

DaleyChamp

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
You guys got to be loving the action that the women are bringing each and evry time they step into the octagon. Another two great fights last night, one being a finish and one being an all out war.

Amanda Nunes is literally more skilled than most men in the UFC. Amazing ground and pound with two first round tko's in the UFC. She has great striking also and the girl she was fighting is literally one of the best strikers in mma male or female so that was a statement win. Amazing technique on the ground from Nunes. A lot of male fighters could learn from the way she was able to pass guard, posture up and pound her opponent out who was also a very well rounded fighter.

Then Carmouche vs Davis was fucking sick. Should of got FON. Those ladies went to war. Great chins and great technical striking. Both had great leg kicks and Alexis Davis actually looked like a boxer out there when she would put her combinations together. I wish it was the main event as another two rounds would of been awesome. The women are really technical and fun to watch in the ufc.

Your thoughts on last night's wmma action. Do you think they stole the show once again??

Nunes was throwing those elbows in a weird way and was wasting a lot of energy just hitting the other women's arms. She literally is not as skilled as other men, she just looked good against someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

Stopped reading after that. Not trying to hate on wmma or anything, because they are fun to watch, but you can't pretend they're extremely talented

Nunes was throwing those elbows in a weird way and was wasting a lot of energy just hitting the other women's arms. She literally is not as skilled as other men, she just looked good against someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

Stopped reading after that. Not trying to hate on wmma or anything, because they are fun to watch, but you can't pretend they're extremely talented

As other men???

You guys got to be loving the action that the women are bringing each and evry time they step into the octagon. Another two great fights last night, one being a finish and one being an all out war.

Amanda Nunes is literally more skilled than most men in the UFC. Amazing ground and pound with two first round tko's in the UFC. She has great striking also and the girl she was fighting is literally one of the best strikers in mma male or female so that was a statement win. Amazing technique on the ground from Nunes. A lot of male fighters could learn from the way she was able to pass guard, posture up and pound her opponent out who was also a very well rounded fighter.

Then Carmouche vs Davis was fucking sick. Should of got FON. Those ladies went to war. Great chins and great technical striking. Both had great leg kicks and Alexis Davis actually looked like a boxer out there when she would put her combinations together. I wish it was the main event as another two rounds would of been awesome. The women are really technical and fun to watch in the ufc.

Your thoughts on last night's wmma action. Do you think they stole the show once again??

disagree with this, dont think she is that good. she is a grappler who has 2 first round wins over 2 strikers. it was to be expected imo(although I was rooting for GDR last night )

Meh, I can't get into it.

I admit I was totally against women fighting, but after seeing Carano and Cyborg and the always action packed UFC womens fights of the last 2 years, I love watching them now! I was REALLY looking forward to Ronda and Cat fighting.

I'm a big fan of wmma, my girlfriend and I both compete. That said, your post is cheesy as hell. For one, there is no reason women shouldn't have similar technique to men, they are training their asses of day in and day out in the same gyms, under the same coaches, with male fighters primarily as training partners.
That said (I know I already used that), Nunes was not forced to use any real level of ground technique to acquire and maintain the mount. I was baffled at how unprepared Germaine was for a ground fight. i've seen people walk into a gym for the first time in their lives and have more common sense when it comes to getting out of the mount.
A great striker, sure, but her ground game is incredibly underdeveloped and embarrassing at this level of fighting.
Once it hit the floor, that was little more than taking candy from a baby for the lioness.

disagree with this, dont think she is that good. she is a grappler who has 2 first round wins over 2 strikers. it was to be expected imo(although I was rooting for GDR last night )

Expect the unexpected though. So what she did is damn impressive and solidifies wmma as a legend sporting competition imo.

I'm a big fan of wmma, my girlfriend and I both compete. That said, your post is cheesy as hell. For one, there is no reason women shouldn't have similar technique to men, they are training their asses of day in and day out in the same gyms, under the same coaches, with male fighters primarily as training partners.
That said (I know I already used that), Nunes was not forced to use any real level of ground technique to acquire and maintain the mount. I was baffled at how unprepared Germaine was for a ground fight. i've seen people walk into a gym for the first time in their lives and have more common sense when it comes to getting out of the mount.
A great striker, sure, but her ground game is incredibly underdeveloped and embarrassing at this level of fighting.
Once it hit the floor, that was little more than taking candy from a baby for the lioness.

Well you say Germaine was that bad but imo Nunes was just that good on the ground that she made her look bad. If you turned Germaine into a man I doubt she would of got finished that quickly by many male ufc 135ers.

enjoyed Alexis's fight very much ...agree it could have been fotn.

Expect the unexpected though. So what she did is damn impressive and solidifies wmma as a legend sporting competition imo.

yeah not hating on WMMA, Im a big fan

Bang on... I was disappointed.

Agree 100%

Well you say Germaine was that bad but imo Nunes was just that good on the ground that she made her look bad. If you turned Germaine into a man I doubt she would of got finished that quickly by many male ufc 135ers.

No, Germaine was just that bad. She looked like she didn't know what she was doing, that isn't a credit Nunes.

Sorry, not trying to hate but I think you're pushing it

It's nice that you think so highly of Nunes, but if you were a grappler (or simply logical and not blinded by lioness-lust)it would be very easy to see that Germaine did not attempt one. Single. Mount escape. There was nothing. She threw up a couple half hearted bucks, though they were strait up, she took no angle towards one of her shoulders. Not one attempt at a hip escape, no attempt to trap and overhook, no attempt to control the posture. Nothing but block and hope the round ends before Herb gets disgusted and sees enough.

Back