Platinum Member
Reaction score
Angela Lee: The world's youngest MMA champion
by Karla Cripps, CNN
March 6, 2017

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/05/americas/angela-lee-her-mma-world-champion/

C6NjLevUoAA5DQF.jpg:large

From the article:

"Undefeated with six wins, five by submission -- including an ultra rare "twister" spinal lock submission -- Lee's ground game is notoriously slick."

"Her three younger siblings -- two brothers and a sister -- all practice martial arts, while her parents are both highly decorated martial arts competitors and instructors.
Lee says she's been training since she could walk."

Lee: "(I learned to use) everything from striking, boxing, kickboxing and Muay Thai to things like wrestling and judo on the ground. I think that's the beautiful thing about this sport. It's constantly forcing you to evolve and improve in all areas."

"ONE founder Chatri Sityodtong has publicly said that Lee is now one of the top five best-paid fighters in his organization."

"Indeed, the fact that Lee's upcoming battle against Taiwanese MMA fighter Jenny Huang, on March 11 in Bangkok, is currently the next major event on ONE's calendar highlights a global shift in the level of respect afforded to women in MMA."

I know...she's the Mike Tyson of MMA...I know...

I know...she's the Mike Tyson of MMA...I know...

Ha, I personally wouldn't have made that particular comparison, especially as it is her grappling that is--in my opinion--the most interesting part of her game.
Journalists... *shakes head*

I'd let her triangle choke me and guarantee u that she'll be the 1 tapping first :)

Well, her fight last night was an utter mis-match.

It was an hour ago - not quite last night but thanks for the contribution.

I get why people hate on One and their promoting but have a little sympathy to us mma fans based in South-East Asia. Sure, all UFC tv and ppvs are on live but they also air at 8 or 9 in the morning. For us, in terms of evening / late night mma, pickings are slim. I've stayed up until 3 am to watch f'ing EFC Africa just to get a fix and that's because it is literally the only other mma show on my tv package.

Since we're counting titles that aren't even close to lineal, i have to imagine that's not remotely true. There must be some org out there with an 18 year old brazilian on a can crushing streak as their champ or something

Also the world's youngest can crusher. She really needs better competition.

I have to admit that I was a fan early on. I thought attractive girl, training MMA her entire life, fights what 5 times her first year as a pro. But now I wonder: is she satisfied making the big money with One and Evolve or does she really want to advance her career and eventually move to Invicta or the UFC? Maybe one of her social media stalkers can tell me if she has said anything about her goals.

Makes more sense to build a name here before moving to the UFC. Fans are too impatient. I have no problems with an organisation building up a fighter. She's doing massive things in building the sport here in Singapore at least. MMA/Fightsports never ever got reported on the main news here. After Angela, more ppl are getting exposed to the sport.

Sometimes we hardcore fans got to think of the big picture for the sport.

Would be dumb to come to UFC for a paycut and no promotion whatsoever fuck all this can crushing talk she's under 21 and Invicta would just take her belt for armbarring or award her a decision loss for choking out an opponent for 10x less than what she getting now.

Last edited:
She has a seemingly unassuming but perky little ass. Just recently became a fan.

1c has allowed it's top guys to fight in Rizin and Kunlun has a relationship with Rizin. Since she needs better comp:

Lee v Zhang in Rizin?

1c has allowed it's top guys to fight in Rizin and Kunlun has a relationship with Rizin. Since she needs better comp:

Lee v Zhang in Rizin?
Not gonna happen. oNE isn't gonna loan a champion to another org. Kunlun also has nothing to gain by loaning their best to Rizin to risk losing against someone from a third party.

Lee wouldn't have to take a pay cut to fight in the UFC. She's exactly the sort of WMMA fighter they're happy to pay for.

That said, her last fight was a joke. I'm a big fan, but my overwhelming reaction to that performance was irritation. I don't mind throwing her some softballs while she's so young and inexperienced, but total mismatches are a waste of everyone's time. Huang made them both look terrible :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back