Andre Ward Obviously Hasn't Retired

Dr. Will

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Mystic Dr. Will.
He's left the sport for a period of time to bulk up and become a solid Cruiserweight.
Ward is far too hungry for greatness to retire with a HOF resume, he wants to go down as one of the greatest ever. His trainer is in his ear telling him he would beat Anthony Joshua, too.

This way, he gets to fly off the grid and bulk up quicker, with alternative methods. Watch this space. You'll see his instagram pictures 9 months from now. He'll be bigger but he'll still be pretty lean.

tumblr_nev39dmT9d1u3uz5xo4_500.gif

Hi Nostradamus. What makes you think this?

I agree

He just had the best win of his career

A mayweather style retirement will ensure lots of commotion when he announces he is returning along with a bumper pay cheque

I don't know about all that but I agree he's not done. You don't go from talking about fighting the biggest baddest HW on the planet to your body not being able to take it anymore.

I think the gap between his accomplishments and his accolades (and pay) bothers him. He fights a spoiler style like Mayweather and almost on that level but doesn't get almost Mayweather money. He just beat the crap out of a villain and nobody talks about him. Nobody even bought that second fight despite the first fight being super competitive. Then he announces he wants to fight the best HW in world, not a John Ruiz fringe guy, and nobody talks about it.

It's got to eat him up. So I think he's pissed but also trying to figure out a way to close out his career with the attention and money he believes he deserves.

Hang on a second. The fighter that had been smacked around in this forum for bitching out of fights with heavier men is now not retiring because he wants some action at cruiser? Are you guys high?

Last edited:
Hang on a second. The fighter that had been smacked around in this forum for botching out of fights with heavier men is now not retiring because he wants some action at cruiser? Are you guys high?

I'm high and not even I believe that!!!

He's not done at all but he's had concussion issues. He's a smart individual and he's already established as a consultant. I don't think he'll be back.

Lol @ Ward getting up to 200lbs. It would hinder his movement entirely too much.

Lol @ Ward getting up to 200lbs. It would hinder his movement entirely too much.
Unless he takes up the Toney strategy of weight gain, I can't see it.

He's not done at all but he's had concussion issues. He's a smart individual and he's already established as a consultant. I don't think he'll be back.
This. I think because of the concussion problems he won't risk his long term health coming back, he's too intelligent for that.

Why did he talk about Joshua? If concussion issues were that big of an issue, why would he even discuss fighting arguably the strongest guy and hardest puncher in the sport? It makes no sense.

Why did he talk about Joshua? If concussion issues were that big of an issue, why would he even discuss fighting arguably the strongest guy and hardest puncher in the sport? It makes no sense.

He was bragging about himself. Sometimes boxers do it. And he hadn't decided yet.

He was bragging about himself. Sometimes boxers do it. And he hadn't decided yet.

Nah he was talking about making it happen in real terms, even his trainer was talking about it. And that is not like Ward to boast like that, even if he had said it like a boast rather than a possibility.

It doesn't add up.

Nah he was talking about making it happen in real terms, even his trainer was talking about it. And that is not like Ward to boast like that, even if he had said it like a boast rather than a possibility.

It doesn't add up.

It does. He just gave it a thought.

I don't believe he'll return. At first I was skeptical, but the more I thought about it, the more I recalled the fact that he's been at it a good long time, and just coming back for a LHW campaign was a feat of sorts and a late stage risk.

We'll see what happens, I guess.

It doesn't add up.
You actually think Ward would fight Joshua?

Why they talked that nonsense is rather simple, it got a lot of people talking about Ward.

Back