Anderson Silva vs. Kelvin Gastelum Official For UFC Fight Night Shanghai (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Another wrestler?

Why? Why the fuck would you match one of the flashiest strikers in the entire world against ANOTHER wrestler?
How many times have we seen Silva fight wrestlers??! arhghghgh

this pisses me off.

yea he stunk vs brunson but brunson is much bigger

i think the size advantage for silva and the reach will allow him to do better this time

For some reason I did hear about this fight happening officially but the other day I was thinking about Silva's career while offline and rationalized to myself, that Silva was due for a crazy KO of some sort. His opponent I was sure was Uriah Hall, and I was like yeah, he'll come out and fuck him up and give a long overdue Anderson Silva worthy finish highlight reel.

This thread just gave me that whole brainfart moment.

Kelvin seems to be having a bit of trouble lately with the weight issues and losing his last fight, and logically
I would say that this would be the perfect time to count him out and have Silva as the winner for sure. But this is the exact thing that Kelvin is known for - being counted out then coming out and proving everybody wrong. So I think Silva is going to win, but I can see Kelvin picking him apart just as easily.

Not a fight that I'd bet on.

Another wrestler?

Why? Why the fuck would you match one of the flashiest strikers in the entire world against ANOTHER wrestler?
How many times have we seen Silva fight wrestlers??! arhghghgh

this pisses me off.

Makes up for all the years Anderson spent ducking wrestlers.

Waste of an Anderson Silva fight.

They could seriously do Weidman-Silva 3 and save UFC 216.

Waste of an Anderson Silva fight.

They could seriously do Weidman-Silva 3 and save UFC 216.
I'd love to see it too but it has to make sense. If Anderson destroys gastelum then has another decent performance I can see it happening. The problem is he's 42 so the ship is sailing.

so anderson is not the big fight anymore?
FN Shanghai wtf

Balls of steel on Anderson as usual.

The only time I ever pray is when ma ninja is fighting.

Enter the Matrix.

Pulling for Andy, till my death. I hope he fights smart, but aggressive.

For some reason I did hear about this fight happening officially but the other day I was thinking about Silva's career while offline and rationalized to myself, that Silva was due for a crazy KO of some sort. His opponent I was sure was Uriah Hall, and I was like yeah, he'll come out and fuck him up and give a long overdue Anderson Silva worthy finish highlight reel.

This thread just gave me that whole brainfart moment.

Kelvin seems to be having a bit of trouble lately with the weight issues and losing his last fight, and logically
I would say that this would be the perfect time to count him out and have Silva as the winner for sure. But this is the exact thing that Kelvin is known for - being counted out then coming out and proving everybody wrong. So I think Silva is going to win, but I can see Kelvin picking him apart just as easily.

Not a fight that I'd bet on.
I see your logic and agree. Especially that Kelvin is known for those upset wins but size, I think will play a big role. Kelvin said himself he can't hang with elite at 185. I, personally, think he said it because it was, primarily, a size thing. Anderson is no longer elite at 185 but he's still good and he's big. Kelvin looked like "little brother" vs Weidman and although he had his moments he just got muscled and bullied. I can't understand why he just doesn't get his shit together and go back to WW.

Its gonna suck to see Anderson get knocked out by a pudgy WW wrestler.

Since Uriah Hall fight (11 fights ago), Did Gastelum wrestled his way to a victory in ANY of his fights? Or did he even initiate wrestling in any of those fights?

Only 2 fights affected by wrestling was vs. Weidman and Magny, and he got outwrestled on both... Not sure why people call him wrestler just because he's pudgy lol. Guys a banger

KG gonna rub his belly all over AS for a bit then AS will get up and rub his knuckles on KG's face.

My only interest in this scrap is hoping AS does some of his old school spinning/kicking type ninja stuff.

Back