Anderson Silva vs Ernesto Hoost in K-1, who wins?

To be fair sonnen used the takedown threat to land those shots on anderson

Yeah I guess that speaks about Anderson's lack of ability to allow himself to get tooled standing by a one dimensional wrestler

Hoost boliterates any version of Anderson 100/100 times

bobsapp190514.jpg

Yeah I guess that speaks about Anderson's lack of ability to allow himself to get tooled standing by a one dimensional wrestler
No,it doesnt. Its simply Sonnen's combination of bravery and studying Anderson very well. Anderson falls into a pattern,depending on what he is expecting his opponent to do.Sonnen would predictably be looking to shoot...and Anderson had his hands very low anticipating the takedown and Sonnen would suddenly abruptly switch to striking to catch him unawares,and if Anderson started firing back,then he would shoot under and take him down. Most fighters before this didnt have the tools nor the balls to attempt to reckon with Anderson like Sonnen did.

No,it doesnt. Its simply Sonnen's combination of bravery and studying Anderson very well. Anderson falls into a pattern,depending on what he is expecting his opponent to do.Sonnen would predictably be looking to shoot...and Anderson had his hands very low anticipating the takedown and Sonnen would suddenly abruptly switch to striking to catch him unawares,and if Anderson started firing back,then he would shoot under and take him down. Most fighters before this didnt have the tools nor the balls to attempt to reckon with Anderson like Sonnen did.

Yes it does what are you on?

If Anderson's TDD was good enough you wouldn't see him having to keep his hands down so low to the point of getting beaten to the punch by a wrestler.

Yes it does what are you on?

If Anderson's TDD was good enough you wouldn't see him having to keep his hands down so low to the point of getting beaten to the punch by a wrestler.
Not everyone is perfect in every aspect of MMA. He has had a Hall of fame worthy career with the skills he did have. Sonnen is a great wrestler,and Anderson had alot of trouble stopping the takedown. That doesnt mean Anderson wasnt a great fighter. Far from it.

Not everyone is perfect in every aspect of MMA. He has had a Hall of fame worthy career with the skills he did have. Sonnen is a great wrestler,and Anderson had alot of trouble stopping the takedown. That doesnt mean Anderson wasnt a great fighter. Far from it.

Who said Anderson wasn't a great fighter? Well done for taking my post totally out of context. You didn't see Jones/GSP etc getting outstruck by one dimensional wrestlers because they were worried about the takedown

Who said Anderson wasn't a great fighter? Well done for taking my post totally out of context. You didn't see Jones/GSP etc getting outstruck by one dimensional wrestlers because they were worried about the takedown
As i said,Sonnen commited to putting himself in danger by boldly going right at anderson,where most would have hung back and wait for an oppurtunity,styles make fights,yada yada yada.His constant switching from striking to wrestling made him less "one dimensional" than Anderson expected,and made it hard for Anderson to predict what was happening. I do recall Jones literally turning his back and running to avoid Rampage's aggressive attacks which everyone knows you dont do,and Georges throwing terrible overhands against Shields. :)

As i said,Sonnen commited to putting himself in danger by boldly going right at anderson,where most would have hung back and wait for an oppurtunity,styles make fights,yada yada yada.His constant switching from striking to wrestling made him less "one dimensional" than Anderson expected,and made it hard for Anderson to predict what was happening. I do recall Jones literally turning his back and running to avoid Rampage's aggressive attacks which everyone knows you dont do,and Georges throwing terrible overhands against Shields. :)

Your comparisons is not even the same thing..... Jones and GSP didn't get outstruck

Igor V got chopped down by Hoost and his fucking legs are like 3 times the size of Anderson's. Lol

I’m not sure if this is crazy delusion, but Silva hasn’t beaten a striker even CLOSE to the level of Hoost. Silva feasted on mostly 1 dimensional middle of the road MMA fighters and his striking level compared to theirs made him look like he was in the matrix. Guys like Cote, Rivera, Irvin, Horn, Forrest, Okami, Lutter, Leben, Maia, Marquardt, Leites, etc.… these guys were just very average strikers/brawlers that posed very little threat to Andy, thus Anderson could basically do what he wanted for the most part. Compare that to Hoost. Anderson would be destroyed.

Lmao now that I read through the entire OP I realize this is a thinly veiled Murko flaming thread.

It's the old red herring - use 10 words out of 1000 - towards your target technique.

Stopped reading at "Hoost was 6"4". Hoost was 6'2" (189 cm) and was always listed at 6'2". Some idiot edited his wikipedia recently but people who followed his career know it's not true.

Prime vs Prime it could have been an interesting fight in catchweight. Give Prime Silva some time to bulk & let them fight at 215 ibs. I think Ernesto could have made it in his young days.

dumb thread. But Anderson wins if he can roid himself into the size of an NFL lineman like Bob Sapp. I mean there were no drug tests in K-1.

Well, Bisping just beat him with ease. Silva is a fragile dinosaur version of his former self. I await Jones to challenge him when he gets back given his history as the eye poke warrior and dinosaur crusher of the sport.
Bisping fought Hoost? Oh, I just realized how old this thread is.

dumb thread. But Anderson wins if he can roid himself into the size of an NFL lineman like Bob Sapp. I mean there were no drug tests in K-1.

Anderson was already roiding, so I'm not sure how anything about be different if he competed in K-1 lol.

Anderson used PEDs when he was around 40 after a gruesome leg injury. He passed tons of drug tests in his prime and there's zero evidence he used anything in his prime. In K-1, most likely everyone used (including Hoost) as there was no testing. Try using some brain cells next time.

Anderson used PEDs when he was around 40 after a gruesome leg injury. He passed tons of drug tests in his prime and there's zero evidence he used anything in his prime. In K-1, most likely everyone used (including Hoost) as there was no testing. Try using some brain cells next time.

Lmao, nice white washing and excuse making. Nobody but a deluded Anderoid fanboy would believe this.

Anderson failed the first random drug test he had.
Why would he NOT roid when it was easier, than decide to do so right when drug testing became (somewhat) of a problem? Because he is such an honor bound guy lmao? Riiiiiight.

He failed (multiple? IIRC) tests, then made ridiculous lies about it.
Had a very shady looking conditioning couch.
Looked shredded as FUCK earlier in his career.
Had suspicious injection kits in his house.
Competed for most of his career when there was zero drug testing, or very laughable testing.

Oh and my favorite:

quote-when-you-use-the-steroids-you-use-them-for-a-long-time-when-you-use-the-steroids-for-anderson-silva-106-85-31.jpg

Awkward.

<6><6><6>

Back