Amy Schumer will star in Sony’s live-action Barbie movie (Update: Amy Schumer Exits, Post #151)

I love Amy Schumer. I also find it interesting the direction they are going here. Will be interesting to see how they handle it. Nice to see them show women that they dont have to fit into some ridiculous standards that reflect a mans version of beauty and that it can come from the inside.

Just like I loved how they went against the grain in the Ghostbusters reboot, i have high hopes here as well
<{MindBrown}>

Don't give a shit either way as I don't care to watch a movie about fucking Barbie, but that's idiotic casting. Shouldn't barbie be hot? Or at the least not.....fat.

The thing i like best about amy schumer is one of us will die before the other.

Every time I read this title I laugh out loud. It's been at least a half a dozen times now.

Update: March 23, 2017

Unfit Holly Holm Amy Schumer Exits Sony's BARBIE Movie Due to Scheduling Conflcts

Amy-Schumer-032317-Dragonlord.png

Amy Schumer won't play Barbie after all. The actress has dropped out of Sony's Barbie, in which she was supposed to play the character that inspired the iconic doll.

“Sadly, I’m no longer able to commit to Barbie due to scheduling conflicts," Schumer said Thursday in a statement. "The film has so much promise, and Sony and Mattel have been great partners. I’m bummed, but look forward to seeing Barbie on the big screen.”

Schumer, who had joined the project in December, recently did a polish on the script by Hilary Winston. Schumer's schedule has become quite busy: Her latest comedy Snatched is due out in May, and on Thursday it also was announced that she is joining the cast of Rebecca Miller’s She Came to Me with Steve Carell.

Mattel and producers Walter F. Parkes, Laurie MacDonald and Amy Pascal are teaming on the Barbie project, which will try to put a contemporary spin on beauty, feminism and identity.

The pic also is currently without a director. In December, Sony pushed its release from May 12, 2017, to June 29, 2018.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amy-schumer-exits-barbie-movie-988425

I kind of wanted to see it just because of how absolutely ridiculous it would be, but on the other hand, this obviously is the right decision.

I wonder if "scheduling conflicts" is the real reason or if it really was because she was getting a ton of criticism.

Is 'scheduling conflict' code for they wanted her to get in better shape but she's gross and lazy so she bailed?

Didn't she learn anything from Paul Feig? You need to double down on that shit, call everyone a misogynist and pre-emptively force everyone to give Barbie good reviews.

I heard she was scheduled to eat a gallon of ice cream and some cheesecakes.

I kind of wanted to see it just because of how absolutely ridiculous it would be, but on the other hand, this obviously is the right decision.

I wonder if "scheduling conflicts" is the real reason or if it really was because she was getting a ton of criticism.
This. She is a talentless fucking hack. A gross chubby bitch that judges everyone and everything, while ripping off material and talking about her cunt smelling like a goat.

To any woman on earth that ever played with a Barbie doll, this should be wonderful news.

Back