Amtrak Derails in Washington State.

They did test the route and the people on that train said they never felt any danger at that point but were probably going the speed limit.

My question would be why do they have a 30 mph section in the middle of an 80 mph section? Don't they know how to build a proper railroad? That's like having a roundabout on an 80 mph highway.
Designer being artsy fartsy? Sorta like Apple putting so much effort into fucking feces emojis, but the stupid iPad often acts like no internet connection.

On the west side from me. I live on east side of state. IDC for those trains.

We're lucky ours don't go as fast as the European trains which are twice as fast.

The Germans do everything better, including train crashes.
eschede9.jpg

Constructed as a collaboration between a number of manufacturing companies, the ICE1s are amongst the most advanced trains in the world. They are equipped with sophisticated safety equipment including a dual braking system (regenerative and friction disc) and in-cab signalling. Many of the train's systems are monitored with information being relayed to the driver. There is even a warning that water in the toilets needs to be replenished. There is not however a system to warn that a carriage has been derailed!

http://danger-ahead.railfan.net/features/eschede2.htm

Seriously how hard is it to install a GPS based speed limiter? I'm shocked that we're still relying on humans to drive trains.

Back