Among the GOATs, who has the best 2 wins?

lol no man, him having no knees is not an excuse, The fact he was able to still go out there and perform against the best, get a belt is just a testament to how amazing shogun truly was. But to act like the multiple major knee surgeries he had didn't effect his career is quite possibly one of the dumbest statements I have read on sherdog
its your excuse apparently.

Are we debating the importance of knees in MMA? is that a legit conversation were having right now lol. how old are you?
seems like you are. His knees were fine by the time he fought Jones. Apparently you dolnt like that statement. haha

seems like you are. His knees were fine by the time he fought Jones. Apparently you dolnt like that statement. haha
because its a false statement. its not a personal opinion its just simply not factually correct.

His knees have not be fine since the multiple surgeries

because its a false statement. its not a personal opinion its just simply not factually correct.

His knees have not be fine since the multiple surgeries
But your opinion doesn't make it a false statement no matter how rustled yo get. I would say his knees were good enough to win a UFC LHW belt.

But your opinion doesn't make it a false statement no matter how rustled yo get. I would say his knees were good enough to win a UFC LHW belt.
his knees have never been the same, I said its a testament to how good of a fighter shogun is to still win a championship in the biggest promotion in the world, while still having no knees.

No knee shogun is still to this day, a top 10 LHW fighter. 2005 fighter of the year, still at the top level of the sport, all while having no knees. Think about that.

You down play his knee injuries either of out hate, or just being dumb. But ill give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you are trolling here

I mean, he'd already lost to Hendo and had a draw with Kohsaka but sure.
Oh in Pride ?under their rules?

Because some rules in Rings ended in some controversy results?

Both fights he avenged under Pride rules?

Yes?

I stand my point.

Maybe when looking at it today but looking at it at the time, BJ and Hughes had GOAT hype behind them at the time. No one even thought Hughes could be beaten. I think GSP and Fedor are top 2 when considering what they did at the time, but relative to today...Jones probably looks the best.

Nobody thought Hughes could be beaten?

Dennis Hallman tapped him out twice in a combined 50 seconds lmao

his knees have never been the same, I said its a testament to how good of a fighter shogun is to still win a championship in the biggest promotion in the world, while still having no knees.

No knee shogun is still to this day, a top 10 LHW fighter. 2005 fighter of the year, still at the top level of the sport, all while having no knees. Think about that.

You down play his knee injuries either of out hate, or just being dumb. But ill give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you are trolling here
not trolling. Shogun is a better win than Gus. you replied to me remember lol

Honourable mention for Stipe here surely?

Ko's over Werdum, Overeem and JDS

Bonus points for hype train derailment.

Debate settled if he runs through D. C.

not trolling. Shogun is a better win than Gus. you replied to me remember lol
Shogun is one of my all time favorite fighters. But at the point in both of their careers gus was a better win. Shogun has a better career then gus tho if you get what I'm saying

Shogun is one of my all time favorite fighters. But at the point in both of their careers gus was a better win. Shogun has a better career then gus tho if you get what I'm saying
I can’t agree with that. Shogun was the champ at that time.

Also, one win was a complete beat down, the other was a close decision win. Shogun definitely a better win, weird that you can’t see that

his knees were fine by then. Shogun beat Machida and KOd Chuck. Shogun was game that night. No excuses for Shogun.

The Shogun that fought Jon Jones is not the same fighter that won the PRIDE GP.

Have you ever had knee surgery? You can comeback and be as good, if not better than before, but that is not common. Most people are lucky to be close to what they were before. If you have multiple surgery's, forget about it. The structural strength/stability is 1 thing, but the psychological component can take years to regain, if ever. To pretend like having multiple knee surgery's isn't a big deal is beyond ridiculous! Shogun had to have surgery on his knee after signing with the UFC, and then again in between his fights with Machida, which was his 3rd knee surgery(at the time). He again had surgery on his knee, just last year. That is just his knees. He also had surgery on his shoulder, elbow, and nose, as well as his 3 knee surgery's, before he fought Jon Jones. But according to you, that wouldn't have an affect on his performance???

Fedor Emialnenko

Antonio Rodrigo Nouegria 19-1-1 (On 13 fight win streak)
Mirko Filipovic 16-2-2 (On 7 fight win streak)

I can’t agree with that. Shogun was the champ at that time.

Also, one win was a complete beat down, the other was a close decision win. Shogun definitely a better win, weird that you can’t see that
On paper shogun for sure. I guess my point was at that point in both their careers I think gus would have beaten shogun.

I’d say Fedor - Nog I, Nog III as the overall champion.

GSP’s best on paper is probably his two Hughes wins but that Fitch one is underrated.

Anderson its hard to pick his best victories, the Forrest one is underrated since Forrest was coming off a title fight loss. I’d still probably go with Franklin I and Henderson.

Aldo is probably Frankie X2.

Jones is probably Shogun/DC

On paper shogun for sure. I guess my point was at that point in both their careers I think gus would have beaten shogun.

Shogun in the Machida fights was an all timer. You could argue that the knee injuries significantly hurt him but still, Rashad was +160 in the scheduled fight and Jones when announced was -200, it was a case where Jones was considered to be significantly better then both the Champion and #1 contender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back