Among the GOATs, who has the best 2 wins?

Faber was a better win than Mendes in my opinion. A few fights before he fought Aldo, faber was the FW champ with 5 title defenses.

It's close, though.

USADA - Anderson 2X, Jones 2X

Werdum is the only fighter I can think of that has defeated two different #1 fighters, at the time they were #1.
Fedor and Cain.

So my answer is Werdum.

GSPs win over Hughes can also be seen as one of the best since Hughes was the champion and the slight favorite going into that fight. Also GSP vs Penn 2 had it almost even in fan voting as to who was gonna win. Many thought Penn was going to win... but if you look at it today many might not consider it one of his best wins since Penn was a lightweight moving up.
In their first fight he was a middleweight going down.

Crazy at how many weight classes BJ Penn fought at.

Nog and Mirko by far

Nog was P4P #1 the 1st time Fedor beat him and top 5 the 2nd time. Mirko was fringe top 5 when Fedor beat him

Chad, Gus, Hendo, Vitor, JoeB and Dodson were nowhere near P4P fighters when they fought their respective GOATs.
That's because the divisions are ALL far deeper then they were in Fedor's day, to add to that there are other divisions that did not even exist in Fedor's era. There were only 5 divisions.

It's pretty clearly Aldo as Edgar is pretty much ahead of every other GOAT's wins in all time greatness. He's top 15, and the only other fighter who might be ahead of him is Hendo. And for those arguing it's Fedor, while Big Nog is an incredible win, don't forget we are talking heavyweight, where the talent pool (even at its best) isn't remotely close to lightweight/featherweight.

shogun that jones fought and shogun with knees from 2005 are different ppl. Gus at the time was a better win then shogun at the time. The way he beat shogun tho gave him bonus points, but gus was still a tougher fight
his knees were fine by then. Shogun beat Machida and KOd Chuck. Shogun was game that night. No excuses for Shogun.

I actually agree that he doesn't have enough fights yet, but the quality and manner of his wins means he ain't a million miles away.
no, not miles at all. Hes closing in on it. making the right moves to give himself a better case. If he defends the belt a couple times hes right there

Isn't it just like a Colby fan to report you to the authorities.
lol honestly, it was perfectly fitting. In Colby fashion too he started the whole thing I just defended myself but it is what it is.

Its Fedor, mostly due to Nog, if those results are reversed then Nog is in the GOAT stakes himself, no other GOAT level fighter can point to wins over another GOAT level fighter in their prime.

Crocop though was a test unlike anything any of the other GOAT's have faced IMHO.

Last edited:
GSPs best win name wise is Shields, who has wins over Woodley, Condit, Maia, Lawler, and Hendo.

Maybe when looking at it today but looking at it at the time, BJ and Hughes had GOAT hype behind them at the time. No one even thought Hughes could be beaten. I think GSP and Fedor are top 2 when considering what they did at the time, but relative to today...Jones probably looks the best.

I honestly think Hendo should be on the GOAT list as well.... He has faced the toughest lineup of fighters from 3 different weight classes (MW, LHW, HW) throughout his career. Win or lose, the guy has fought the toughest competition.

And for high profile wins:

Fedor
Big Nog
Shogun (twice)
Rich Franklin
Michael Bisping (should have been twice, second fight was a robbery)
Vitor Belfort
Wanderlei Silva
Murilo Bustamente (twice)
Murilo Ninja Rua
Babalu
Carlos Newton

He literally has more top 10 wins than any other fighter and when you consider guys like Big Nog and Fedor were heavyweights, that's pretty damn inpressive.

Sure he has 15 losses, but those are to almost exclusively top 5 or top 10 fighters and 7 of those losses came while he was in "his mid 40's"...

Fedor is always the answer in Goat dilemma threads.

and he recovered. That knee excuse is such as bad excuse.
lol no man, him having no knees is not an excuse, The fact he was able to still go out there and perform against the best, get a belt is just a testament to how amazing shogun truly was. But to act like the multiple major knee surgeries he had didn't effect his career is quite possibly one of the dumbest statements I have read on sherdog

Back