American Sports Need To Get Read Of Political Propaganda

Blame the US government for paying the NFL to have players on the field for National Anthems. Don't try and say athletes should stay out of politics when the government used athletes to promote their politics to the people....Sad!

it was weird here in Las Vegas. When Floyd Mayweather fought Manny Pacquiao, they played the U.S, Philippines, AND Mexican national anthems. Why the hell did they play the Mexican one?
Mexico is a great country even if things have been a bit rough the past few years.

I get some ppl like their country, but stAte worshipping borderline fascism

I think these players are not informed n are their protest has no real merit

However they should still be allow to express their views the way they see fit n shouldn't be penalized for it, n especially not by the government

I agree with your second sentence but your first and third sentences don't make any sense to me.

I agree with your second sentence but your first and third sentences don't make any sense to me.

So you don't think state worshipping is problematic?

Also you have issues with ppl expressing themselves?

Well sheeit, that's the only other logical choice, really. Excellent breakdown.

Just curious if they can't loot or burn shit down to protest and they can't kneel to protest. Should they just protest in their minds?

So you don't think state worshipping is problematic?

Also you have issues with ppl expressing themselves?

Yeah you are making some leaps here.

I don't have a problem with national anthems being sung at sporting competitions. That's not a blanket endorsement of "state worshipping".

Can you explain what is so wrong with this practice other than vaguely stating "facism"?

I am also fine with people expressing themselves, broadly speaking.

In your previous post you say athletes shoulf be allowed to express themselves without being punished by the gov't. Where exactly is this happening in the US?

Just curious if they can't loot or burn shit down to protest and they can't kneel to protest. Should they just protest in their minds?

Or they can peacefully stand up for specific actual causes outside their work like everyone else does.

Or they can stand up for specific actual causes outside their work like everyone else does.

lol. So athletes are just like us regular workers? Do people come to your workplace and watch you work? Do they bet on how good you are going to do? What was your fantasy draft position where you work? Were you the 3rd janitor selected in the company draft? Don't act like it's just all the same. They are on a much bigger stage and have every right to use if how they see fit.

The only reason you have a problem with it is because you disagree. If they were protesting something you agreed with you would be saying something different.

Also is police brutality not a specific actual cause? How about our divisive president who praises Nascar and talks shit about NFL and NBA? Coincidence? I think not

This is what the left wants, destruction of national identity and promotion of a global society.

Claiming there is no nationalism in European soccer matches or MMA events abroad is a boldfaceed lie and TS should be castrated for being such a cuck.

Fuck off idiot & stop lying to make a point.

He didn't say european football lacks nationalism, he said it lacks political propaganda which is pretty much true. UEFA has a ban on political statements, and regularly fines clubs when their players or supporters bring politics to the game.

It results in it's own set of controversies regarding symbols such as the Palestinian flag and the remembrance poppy.

lol. So athletes are just like us regular workers? Do people come to your workplace and watch you work? Do they bet on how good you are going to do? What was your fantasy draft position where you work? Were you the 3rd janitor selected in the company draft? Don't act like it's just all the same. They are on a much bigger stage and have every right to use if how they see fit.

I know in your mind, you like to imagine that these differences you came up with are actually relevant. No one's laughing along with you because you're scraping the bottom of the barrel to feign argumentative legitimacy.

What you just listed makes no sense as you have no idea how to frame or keep an argument.

Have a great day!

All this national anthem, flag waving, military and police state mongering needs to be ELIMINATED from sports.

Every time you watch a UFC even hosted in the USA, there are always chants of "USA, USA, USA." The UFC was in Japan this past weekend, and there was no "Japan, Japan, Japan" chants. The Japanese still applauded when their fighter lost.

I have been to an English Premier League soccer game, and there was none of this political propaganda. Two teams walked on the pitch, they played, one team won, and the fans went home. Simple.

Get rid of all this national anthem, flag waving, military and police propaganda. Sports is about who is the best on the field of competition.

Not every American has to love the flag and national anthem. This is not North Korea. LOL

When it is international, one country against another, I like having the anthems before the match.

Not every American has to love the flag and national anthem. This is not North Korea. LOL

Exactly.

Maybe anthems are ok in the Olympics, the World Cup or any other nation vs nation event. Maybe.

Domestic league games are dumb as shit. North Korea, China, old Soviet Union- level. Laughable state worship.

I like hearing the National Anthem at sporting events. I also like hearing the National Anthem of both countries at boxing events. I have no problems waiting a few extra minutes.
If one enjoys hearing the anthem before domestic games, then one should enjoy it with the understanding that another American may not share the same joy as one's.

I think the problem is the left today.
We used to be patriotic and our sports reflected that. And it was good for the country and sports.
Dude, the problem is with Americans. No intelligent person is fully left or right. Like all religions, people pick and choose when they will be left and right.

For example, Right-wingers often describe themselves as "constitutional Americans" but it is interesting how they fail to support every other amendment with the same passion as their support for the 2nd amendment.

You would think every single "Constitutional American" would say "this is America not North Korea, if it is not against our constitution, then let it be."

LOL

Entertainment and politics don't mix. Unfortunately, celebrities and athletes feel the need to act as champions of their causes, when they're dumber than a sack of rocks in general. Trump also needs to STFU and stop agitating the situation. Vast majority of his troubles are there because he won't shut up in public or on twitter.
If entertainment and politics don't mix, then you should agree that the flag waving and national anthem singing political propaganda needs to be eliminated from domestic competitions.

If you introduce politics in sports entertainment, then you should accept the consequence of people with a different political agenda.

Specifically right now, football and basketball, (NFL and NBA) is dominated by black athletes. Like many blacks, they tend to vote very left wing. So it's common to hear from the sports world that Trump is a racist.
It's gonna turn off people who voted Trump. And in my opinion, they are hurting their league by doing it.
If you were Black, you would also think that Trump is a racist. How much more evidence does one need?

Guys like Sam Harris always talk about "how much evidence do you need to say that Islam is bad?" Using that same line of inquiry, how much evidence does one need to say that Donald Trump is a racist?

Claiming there is no nationalism in European soccer matches or MMA events abroad is a boldfaceed lie and TS should be castrated for being such a cuck.

Fuck off idiot & stop lying to make a point.
I gave specific examples of the English Premier League and UFC Japan. Prove me wrong or move along. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back