American Sports Need To Get Read Of Political Propaganda

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All this national anthem, flag waving, military and police state mongering needs to be ELIMINATED from sports.

Every time you watch a UFC even hosted in the USA, there are always chants of "USA, USA, USA." The UFC was in Japan this past weekend, and there was no "Japan, Japan, Japan" chants. The Japanese still applauded when their fighter lost.

I have been to an English Premier League soccer game, and there was none of this political propaganda. Two teams walked on the pitch, they played, one team won, and the fans went home. Simple.

Get rid of all this national anthem, flag waving, military and police propaganda. Sports is about who is the best on the field of competition.

Not every American has to love the flag and national anthem. This is not North Korea. LOL

I like hearing the National Anthem at sporting events. I also like hearing the National Anthem of both countries at boxing events. I have no problems waiting a few extra minutes.

"American Sports Need To Get Read Of Political Propaganda"

Rid*

Also

giphy.gif

I think the problem is the left today.

We used to be patriotic and our sports reflected that. And it was good for the country and sports.

Entertainment and politics don't mix. Unfortunately, celebrities and athletes feel the need to act as champions of their causes, when they're dumber than a sack of rocks in general. Trump also needs to STFU and stop agitating the situation. Vast majority of his troubles are there because he won't shut up in public or on twitter.

Specifically right now, football and basketball, (NFL and NBA) is dominated by black athletes. Like many blacks, they tend to vote very left wing. So it's common to hear from the sports world that Trump is a racist.

It's gonna turn off people who voted Trump. And in my opinion, they are hurting their league by doing it.

Specifically right now, football and basketball, (NFL and NBA) is dominated by black athletes. Like many blacks, they tend to vote very left wing. So it's common to hear from the sports world that Trump is a racist.

It's gonna turn off people who voted Trump. And in my opinion, they are hurting their league by doing it.

You seem to have missed the point. But I am starting to think that most of you guess intentionally miss the point, so that you can attack a strawman anytime there is a debate.

You seem to have missed the point. But I am starting to think that most of you guess intentionally miss the point, so that you can attack a strawman anytime there is a debate.
I don't think I missed the point.

NFL, Stand for the anthem, and your league will gain back the audience it lost the last year.

Agree with TS. You can love America and still protest injustices by not standing for the National Anthem. These people are using their 1st Amendment right to peacefully protest injustices they see. I would also be fine with eliminating the National Anthem altogether from sports.

I wonder if these right wing posters would rather these guys loot and commit violence? Instead they are fake outraged from a peaceful protest that hurts their little nationalistic feelings and it gives @ripskater a change to toss 3rd grade insults to a certain minority demographic

Even the NFL itself has no fucking idea what it wants.

'member last August? The Cowboys wanted to wear a lillte decal remembering 5 Texas cops that were killed in the line of duty?

The NFL forbade it.

Last edited:

We used to be patriotic and our sports reflected that. And it was good for the country and sports.
The left has decided to tell people how to vote by way of media and entertainment by inserting politics where they don't belong.

Things felt way better when there was a spirit of unity. It was just positivity, generally. Now it seems so much is about agrievment, bitterness, self-importance, unforgiveness and hate. Its negativity that leads nowhere except to further badness.

I like hearing the National Anthem at sporting events. I also like hearing the National Anthem of both countries at boxing events. I have no problems waiting a few extra minutes.
it was weird here in Las Vegas. When Floyd Mayweather fought Manny Pacquiao, they played the U.S, Philippines, AND Mexican national anthems. Why the hell did they play the Mexican one?

But the NFL should have been proactive going into this year and had the teams stay in the locker rooms for the anthem. that way it would have nipped it in the bud. nobody would have even seen their "protests."

Entertainment and politics don't mix. Unfortunately, celebrities and athletes feel the need to act as champions of their causes, when they're dumber than a sack of rocks in general. Trump also needs to STFU and stop agitating the situation. Vast majority of his troubles are there because he won't shut up in public or on twitter.

I get some ppl like their country, but stAte worshipping borderline fascism

I think these players are not informed n are their protest has no real merit

However they should still be allow to express their views the way they see fit n shouldn't be penalized for it, n especially not by the government

it was weird here in Las Vegas. When Floyd Mayweather fought Manny Pacquiao, they played the U.S, Philippines, AND Mexican national anthems. Why the hell did they play the Mexican one?

They did the same on Saturday night at the Linares vs Campbell fight (play the Mexican national anthem), and then they had a Mexican girl dressed in a dress with the Mexican colours sing the American national anthem. They put the camera on Ray Beltran (who's trying to gain US citizenship) when the Mexican national anthem was playing and he was standing up saluting the anthem. So even though he wishes to be an American national, his loyalty still lies with Mexico.

Claiming there is no nationalism in European soccer matches or MMA events abroad is a boldfaceed lie and TS should be castrated for being such a cuck.

Fuck off idiot & stop lying to make a point.

Floyd is an esse homes
282EABC200000578-3064194-image-a-60_1430485602830.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back