Amazon warehouse workers skip bathroom breaks to keep their jobs, says report

I have a question for the person that said they worked for Amazon: Do you make more money if you exceed the production rate? I know in a lot of production environments in years past you got paid extra for going over the target numbers.
It depends. You could be very productive for the month but if on the whole the warehouse lost money then you won’t see shit.
For example, if a stower, who is the person that puts stuff in pods to be bought on the website, scans the wrong barcode aka ASIN, then the warehouse could lose money on that item. If that happens frequently then the warehouse won’t make money for the month.
Everyone can hit their hourly rate, but it really depends on the amount of errors you commit hitting thst rate.

I have a question for the person that said they worked for Amazon: Do you make more money if you exceed the production rate? I know in a lot of production environments in years past you got paid extra for going over the target numbers.
Fuck no.

Actually what's worse is that it's like a grading curve on college exams- overachievers fuck everyone else.

I saw what you did there.

The reason you should be against Trump going after Amazon is because it’s a sitting president telling lies about a publicly traded company and in so doing, potentially running afoul of the SEC.
Like I said, right to be critical of Amazon but for the wrong reasons. I don't want the POTUS getting into a spat with a corporation simply over a personal slight, that's just a bad look and apparently running afoul of the SEC so only more reason to not be happy about it.

Good, my shit being delivered on time is much more important than their bathroom breaks.

Rand thought that Kant had set out deliberately to destroy the human mind and was the most evil man in history. :eek:

Fuck Rand. She isn't even on the same planet as Kant.

That is interesting though. I haven't read much by her. I know her in broad strokes. She overlaps with Kant but goes in the opposite direction. The idea of owning yourself they both share. They are very big on owning oneself. But Kant believed in charity, goodwill, etc. Kant would probably compare these workers as lemons who are sucked dry by corporations and then disposed of.

As Jung said, what annoys us about other people tells us about ourselves. That Kant annoyed Rand tells us something. Not sure what. Kant is weird. You actually don't own yourself. His argument against suicide:

“Man can only dispose of things; beasts are things in this sense; but man is not a thing, not a beast. If he disposes of himself, he treats his value as that of a beast. He who so behaves, who has no respect for human behavior, makes a thing of himself.”

"Firstly, under the head of necessary duty to oneself: He who contemplates suicide should ask himself whether his action can be consistent with the idea of humanity as an end in itself. If he destroys himself in order to escape from painful circumstances, he uses a person merely as a mean to maintain a tolerable condition up to the end of life. But a man is not a thing, that is to say, something which can be used merely as means, but must in all his actions be always considered as an end in himself. I cannot, therefore, dispose in any way of a man in my own person so as to mutilate him, to damage or kill him. "

-Kant

Last edited:
So Amazon is a huge company that does not pay taxes, runs sweatshops and owns politicians. M

Have they even turned an actual profit? It really does seem like they play by a different ruleset than other companies

Why would you go back 4 posts, and ask if this is the analogy I am talking about?

No, it isn't the analogy I was talking about. It is the post before, the one in sequence with the conversation. If you want to explain why you don't think it is analogous, please do. If you dont, just say so.

Yeah no offense but I don't really want to to re-parse this. I am pretty sure that I have been clear on why I think your tactic of lying about assault to put middle managers into submission won't work and why companies that use managers who lie at all levels won't survive long term (and I also get why get why your particular industry is more prone to gaming than most, although the general rule still applies albeit over an even longer term). If you want to dig back into any of those points, feel free. TTFN.

Note to self. Do not order cases of Gatorade from Amazon

Amazon is the new Walmart. Coming in disrupting, but St the same time making life difficult and unpleasant for the lower class. Honestly I stopped giving money to Amazon a few years ago. I can't stand profitting from trampling people, esp poor workers
This...I’m not knocking anyone who does amazon thing but...

For me:

Fuck any retailer...Walmart,amazon..etc. that is a cesspool of worker violation.

I will gladly pay for an American made, mom and pop shop /union or non union made item even if it costs me a couple extra bucks.

People love to act nationalist when it’s Fourth of July but don’t support shit the rest of the year.its why our working class gets fucked,it’s why people can’t take a piss at work.

It’s all about cheap Chinese shit to them..gotta save a buck.

Sound poor as fuck.

I’m old school like that

My family and I buy NOTHING from Amazon

This...I’m not knocking anyone who does amazon thing but...

For me:

Fuck any retailer...Walmart,amazon..etc. that is a cesspool of worker violation.

I will gladly pay for an American made, mom and pop shop /union or non union made item even if it costs me a couple extra bucks.

People love to act nationalist when it’s Fourth of July but don’t support shit the rest of the year.its why our working class gets fucked,it’s why people can’t take a piss at work.

It’s all about cheap Chinese shit to them..gotta save a buck.

Sound poor as fuck.

I’m old school like that

Thank you. Everything has a cost. A lot of these Chinese made items we buy weere made with no OSHA like oversight. Meaning workers were worked hard, and prolly were injured in some way ie chemical emposre etc. Plus no EPA, meaning you bought something that was extra polluting.

As you said by buying the absolute cheapest crap you can, you ensure that no one can have a stable decent paing job.
I go out of my way to not buy Chinese, and I will buy things from mom and pop shops whenerver I can, even when it costs more. As everything isn't about the bottom line. Relationships, and your community's well being mater to me too. I don't want everyone in my area working for Amazon and Walmart, meaning they're all on welfare and afraid to tak e a poop at work.
I'm right wing, but we need a Jesus like guy to give some of these assholes a beating, like Jesus did to the money lenders on the temple stairs. You like money every everything else? Ok, but you know what, if I am on a jurt I won't vote guilty on someone who throws you a good ole fashion savage beating.

I'm going to design a piss system for the amazon workers and sell it on amazon's site. A condom glued to a piece of hose that runs down your leg to just beside your shoe is going to be the prototype for the men's version. Stand over a drain in the factory and let it flow, lol.

As long as my shit arrives on time, i am ok with someone peeing themselves

My father told me and I learned from first hand experience to never trust a company that always has job openings, it means they have high turnover because it's a sh*tty place to work. Where I live the Amazon warehouses are always hiring.
Turnover is one of the simplest measures of success for a company.

Consumer demands fast turn around at cheap prices -- not the company.
Company advertises it, so the consumer expects it. I never expected same day delivery on anything except a pizza before Amazon started offering it.

This will all pass, soon Amazon will be all automation

Back