Amazon warehouse workers skip bathroom breaks to keep their jobs, says report

Trump has made no secret of his disdain for Amazon. Wonder why Trump hasn't used Amazon's harsh working conditions to publicly hit them, and see if the law can do anything about it. Amazon working conditions has been known / reported on for atleast 2 + years.

Definitely not on Bezos's side in Amazon's feud with Trump.
Amazon is the new Walmart. Coming in disrupting, but St the same time making life difficult and unpleasant for the lower class. Honestly I stopped giving money to Amazon a few years ago. I can't stand profitting from trampling people, esp poor workers

I have a question for the person that said they worked for Amazon: Do you make more money if you exceed the production rate? I know in a lot of production environments in years past you got paid extra for going over the target numbers.
No, but if you have the best numbers on your shift, you gt called up in front of the group and praised as a stakhanovite. You also get a free hat.

<2>

Last edited:
Keep on rockin in the Free World. Just another day of skeleton crews, raised expectations, tightened belts, and only the promise of the same tomorrow. Besides bickering about money, what are any of us actually doing to shed light on the fact that people who work full time in America aren't much better off than generational welfare leeches? People need work. They need to provide for their families. The opportunities for that are becoming increasingly limited. What are we doing as a society to solve this problem? We need to shit, or get off the pot.

My father told me and I learned from first hand experience to never trust a company that always has job openings, it means they have high turnover because it's a sh*tty place to work. Where I live the Amazon warehouses are always hiring.
Same with Call Centers they have turnover rates because they drive the employees to insanity with their unrealistic metrics and goals.

Factory labour workers being treat badly?

Well I for one am extremely shocked by this.

It does serve a purpose. Make sure the manager that replaces that manager knows what happened to the guy before.

Then they can choose between being fired by their boss, or getting fired by their employees.

Either way, the game is about leverage, not ethics.

Fuck management. Don't want to get treated like a nazi, don't put on a nazi's uniform.
<Huh2>

I can only speak for what I did at amazon in the US. UK might have different laws. There is plenty of time for break and to use the bathroom anytime you want. You are allowed29:59 seconds of time off task per day. If you exceed that you get written up. Post more later. Gotta go stack paper.

Trump has made no secret of his disdain for Amazon. Wonder why Trump hasn't used Amazon's harsh working conditions to publicly hit them, and see if the law can do anything about it. Amazon working conditions has been known / reported on for atleast 2 + years.

Definitely not on Bezos's side in Amazon's feud with Trump.

Edited: He is an industry that often treats low wage employees badly. My guess is he is “immune” or doesn’t really care much about it. I don’t know if that is actually a problem, but it is common at those types of businesses.

Its 2018 man , and there should be standards of treatment in the work place. I don't think the ability to take a piss is something that should acceptable to lord over employees.

We didn't always have OT, 40 hr work weeks or child labor laws you know ? Do the days of child labor and company stores seem nostalgic to you? What about OSHA laws ? You don't like dangerous work conditions you can always leave , right ?

I agree with you, but I HATE OSHA. That is an agency that could you some more common sense.

I dunno, maybe not grovelling... but they're sure gonna let Amazon feel their titties.
Did you read your own article?

It's not offering any tax cuts or subsidies to Amazon

Did you read your own article?

It's not offering any tax cuts or subsidies to Amazon

Yep, I always do.

Tax Cuts and subsidies are grovelling (imo).

Rebranding entire regions is "letting em' feel your titties" (imo).

Feel free to disagree.

Yep, I always do.

Tax Cuts and subsidies are grovelling (imo).

Rebranding entire regions is "letting em' feel your titties" (imo).

Feel free to disagree.

Cooperating with other municipalities around you is letting a corporate entity feel your titties?

{<huh}

Cooperating with other municipalities around you is letting a corporate entity feel your titties?

{<huh}

Of course. This ain't a grab-em-by the-pussy type of Confederation.

Isn't that was we fucking blathered on about for the last three years? That we wanted manufacturing jobs?

Sure.

But not at the cost of having pregnant-woman stretch marks on your bladder.

Back