News Amanda Nunes RESPECT THREAD: Goodbye to the Goat

Valentina still fighting.
Then she should avenge the grasso sub, like Amanda avenged the Pena one.
If she feels she can call her out of retirement, then by all means. She showed lack of intrest in a Nunez 3rd fight every interview.

Amanda has set a high fucking bar for WMMA GOAT status. Ronda and Megu’s careers combined is still dwarfed in comparison.

They should retire WMMA along with her.

She was the only WMMA fighter worth watching imo.

I have no time for WMMA or women's fighting in general because of various factors, the only semi interesting women's fights are in ONE FC where the Thai and asian fighters actually try to KO and hurt their opponents, so it's not 95% decision wins.

The ONE and ONLY GOAT IN MMA HISTORY.

Thank you, Amanda. An incredible career.

Live happy for the rest of your life. With a woman that loves you. And the children you raise.

I’m actually surprised she walked away tonight. But she doesn’t owe anybody shit.

Amazing Amanda.

I’m over the moon.

Thank you.

There will never be another woman in WMMA that will be as accomplished as her. The reason is because you will never get woman as accomplished as Ronda, Cyborg, Valentina, Holy Holm, and Miesha Tate and she beat them all.

shes not just a wmma goat, shes a goat period. I put her up there along with Fedor, Anderson and Bones. shes the 4th face on Mt Rushmore.

One of the best to every do it, male or female. Congrats to her for retiring on top and with the time ahead of her to enjoy what the spoils of what she has done.

(Shame I did not realise she'd retired til I saw this thread as I turned off the fight after watching only pieces of it because of how one sided it was)

Her fight iq is up there next to Bones.
Sure showed it against first Pena fight.... it's just her opponents that is horrible that she can do whatever she wants but not being able to finish this tier of opponents says a lot about Amanda as well.

What's with the BS of retiring when you can still fight. Was ok when GSP did it, but now it's becoming a habit and is negative for the divisions who look like losers after.

dude I can paste Jim Miller's wiki achievements too and they are just as long. She was the best fighter in a division that had 3 fighters

its like being top ranked in an inactive server on Steam

The list might be just as long for Miller but the accomplishments aren't in the same stratosphere. To even compare Jim Miller's career to Amanda's is laughable.

Congratulations to her. It’s always sort of jarring to see these elite fighters call it a career. That’s true whether they go out because the game passed them and they start sustaining bad, damaging losses or they opt to leave on their own terms while still in great form. Glad she’s able to leave on top. She will be missed. Excellent fighter and a great champ.

It should. Unless they figure out how a way to bring Kayla and Cyborg to the UFC.
I thought the hype behind Harrison died after she lost? Nah not even worth it then, cull it and tell anyone who can't make 135 to take a hike to Invicta/Bellator etc, no one of note would be lost.

dude I can paste Jim Miller's wiki achievements too and they are just as long. She was the best fighter in a division that had 3 fighters

its like being top ranked in an inactive server on Steam
This is why MMa fans are the absolute fucking worst. You just flick away her entire career and accomplishments like it's nothing.

Maybe MMA isn't the sport for you? If you can't even respect Amanda Nunes in a thread about her retirement, maybe you really should stick to golf or something.

Nunes was by far the best female fighter in MMA history. Her accomplishments stand alone. She defeated everyone else on the GOAT list in women's MMA except the 115ers. Lots of ups and downs in her career but she always got back on top and stayed there in the end.

Much respect to Amanda and I hope she enjoys her life going forward. Enjoy the family and the wealth. You've earned it.

Amazing career, been great watching it all unfold. All the best to her!

Back