• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Amanda Nunes RESPECT THREAD: Goodbye to the Goat

Awesome career. Was great watching her get so much better and then just become dominant. Came a long way from that Zingano loss lol.

Love that she left no doubts about any of it. No one has her resume, and the girls who are closest she either KOd or beat twice.

She's by far the nicest and most humble of all the top female fighters.

She can rest easy knowing her place as 2nd most GOAT female fighter after Megumi Fujii is secure.

I will not miss her to be honest. She was very overrated in my opinion, but still God bless her and her family, she is the GOAT by the numbers, I cannot deny that.
I just cannot see another very limited showing of hers while beating extremely bad competition, especially in these higher classes. Followed by gospels of how good she is. This is my honest feeling and I can say it now. Not the disputing the GOAT-ness, but skill… Very much so.

I know this sounds hateful, but that is my honest feeling while watching her fight girls like Pena. Still, she looks like a sweetheart of a human and will be considered WMMA goat for a long time, cannot deny that.

Last edited:
She retired in her prime. She still had a solid 2 years more before she started seeing the decline like Valentina, but she decided to retire before she overstayed her welcome.

Very smart move to retire on top. She had nothing left to prove. Just enjoy your life Amanda.

Nunes has no competition. Not her fault UFC couldn't get anyone on her level. I'm sure she would've been in more entertaining fights with competition on her level. Nothing left to prove about her career. I still think she lost to Pena only because she was bored.

Ronda was pretty fucking amazing at her time.
But you have to look at her competition and who the other greats fought. Also once Ronda finally fought someone (holly ) with above average striking she got exposed.

Amanda "Huggin Kiss" Nunes had an OK career.

But you have to look at her competition and who the other greats fought. Also once Ronda finally fought someone (holly ) with above average striking she got exposed.
Her competition was the best there was at that time, it was the dark ages of WMMA, Ronda didn't even know how to throw a punch and those girls still couldn't get out of the first round, of course the divisions evolved but at that time Ronda was the absolute best and there still isn't a female champ with so many first round finishes.

Back