Am i missing something?

Stipe was beaten by Cormier and Ngannou in those years. None of those men mentioned and the fighters they fought are beating Ngannou or Cormier and I include Khabib in that. They are fighting puppies compared to the animals that Stipe fought.

I can have recent stats of beating little ballerinas, it does not make it better than someone losing to a beast and champion. I understand that Stipe has been inactive but that is the fight that was contractually agreed upon. It is what it is and you have to live with it.

Yeah no shit a HW will beat a LW, you got any other clever insights?

Yeah no shit a HW will beat a LW, you got any other clever insights?

I mean skill and accolades. Like i said he was fighting and lost to animals while many of those said fighters were not fighting the same pedigree. They were fighting puppies.

I mean skill and accolades. Like i said he was fighting and lost to animals while many of those said fighters were not fighting the same pedigree. They were fighting puppies.

That's not what you were saying when you're talking about puppies and little ballerinas. Still a retarded point when guys like Khabib and Fedor are on the list.

Besides that, the entire point of this thread is Stipe's inactivity and the fact that he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the title in 2024. Him having fought killers doesn't change that.

And I said you were right, I said it wrong....He wants Alex after Stipe.

And if you do not understand why Jon wanting to fight middleweight/LHW Alex Pereira instead of the nr.1 ranked HW contender invalidates all your arguments, besides "Jon can do what he wants", I simply do not have the ability to make you understand it.

What did I ask you twice? What did you not answer twice? - How many years would you be ok with Jon and Stipe waiting to fight?

How can a statement invalidate all my arguments when all of them were not about Jones. You need to be more specific. It does not invalidate that the Jon Jones and Stipe fight was agreed upon before Aspinall was in the picture. it does not invalidate that Sergei was the standin for Stipe .

Explain why it invalidates, nothing stated would invalidate anything because Tom was not a top 3 division fighter when the contract was made.

So what is invalid. Him wanting to fight Alex would not invalidate any of that. Be more specific.

That's not what you were saying when you're talking about puppies and little ballerinas. Still a retarded point when guys like Khabib and Fedor are on the list.

Besides that, the entire point of this thread is Stipe's inactivity and the fact that he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the title in 2024. Him having fought killers doesn't change that.

That is exactly what I am saying. I can't fault someone for losing to the best of the best in the division. I do not mean Fedor, but I mean Khabib when it comes to Cormier. I think Cormier beats Khabib if Cormier was a LW but that is an opinion.

The point of the thread is and was multifacteted and it is not just about his inactivity but also his 2 KO losses, which I keep reading.

I mentioned that those. 2 losses from two of the best in the division compared to active fights with fighters fighting fighters not even in the same hemisphere.

In terms of Stipes inactivity i never claimed otherwise. I accept that Stipe has been inactive but that is the fight jones agreed to do before Aspinall was a twinkle in the eye of his odd fans. My contention is that Jones should break a previous contractual agreement for Aspinall which i think is asinine. The kid can wait and that has been my contention.

Who deserves the fight is irrelevant to me as that is an opinion. The fact is that it was a fight put in place well before Aspinall was even a top contender for the belt and is not obligated to void it for some kid crying about his place in line. He is young, he can wait and if does not happen then that is life and we move on.

That is exactly what I am saying. I can't fault someone for losing to the best of the best in the division. I do not mean Fedor, but I mean Khabib when it comes to Cormier. I think Cormier beats Khabib if Cormier was a LW but that is an opinion.

The point of the thread is and was multifacteted and it is not just about his inactivity but also his 2 KO losses, which I keep reading.

I mentioned that those. 2 losses from two of the best in the division compared to active fights with fighters fighting fighters not even in the same hemisphere.

In terms of Stipes inactivity i never claimed otherwise. I accept that Stipe has been inactive but that is the fight jones agreed to do before Aspinall was a twinkle in the eye of his odd fans. My contention is that Jones should break a previous contractual agreement for Aspinall which i think is asinine. The kid can wait and that has been my contention.

Who deserves the fight is irrelevant to me as that is an opinion. The fact is that it was a fight put in place well before Aspinall was even a top contender for the belt.

The fight should've never been booked in the first place though.

The point about the KOs I feel is mostly to argue that getting brutally KO'd by Ngannou isn't gonna do Stipe any favours in terms of longevity and fitness.

The fight should've never been booked in the first place though.

The point about the KOs I feel is mostly to argue that getting brutally KO'd by Ngannou isn't gonna do Stipe any favours in terms of longevity and fitness.

But it was and you have to accept that. You also have to accept that this is your opinion. Many thought it was the logical next step. Aspinall was nowhere to be found and had lost to Blaydes, so the only person next in line was Sergei who was the stand in.

So you are saying he should of fought Sergei. I say fighting Stipe was fine as Stipe was a decorated champion and had the accolades to back it up, and a fight jones wanted. If Stipe couldnt fight Jones, then Sergei would have been the fill in.

Again these are all opinions and some forget that this is all it is.

The answer to your question is hate.

Jones haters want Jones to lose and they know Stipe wont beat Jones and the idea of Jones beating Stipe and riding off into the sunset terrifies them. Aspinall won't beat Jones but hes younger and in his peak so they've convinced themselves Aspinall will win. They can't do that with Stipe. So they are angry.
Sherdoggers jump on the Colby title shot as bullshit
Sherdoggers jump on Ilia for saying he'll defend against Ortega
Sherdoggers jump on Jones for holding out for Stipe.

"Must be Jones haters"
-A moron

Sherdoggers jump on the Colby title shot as bullshit
Sherdoggers jump on Ilia for saying he'll defend against Ortega
Sherdoggers jump on Jones for holding out for Stipe.

"Must be Jones haters"
-A moron

Jones haters ruin everything.

Interim championship status simply means his next fight is a unification fight ..it doesnt mean you go ahead of anyone, just means the HW title is now disputed.. and will need to be rectified at some point either through combat or vacancy...or if Tom loses , then the belt status is removed ..its a way to keep selling "championship fights" and create angles for future unification bouts...

Both Jones and Stipe want this fight , Jones wants to fulfill that fight because he got injured , as my quote says above
But the next fight probably isn't the unification fight, is it? Cuz Jones is gonna fight Stipe, and Aspinall will fight likely fight Blaydes

Its a much better fight IMO too...Stipe has proven to be at the top level
Good use of past tense. Very fitting

Jones haters ruin everything.
Like your ability to reason, for one

But it was and you have to accept that. You also have to accept that this it is your opinion. Many thought it was the logical next step. Aspinall was nowhere to be found and the only person next in line was Sergei who was the stand in.

So you are saying he should of fought Sergei. I say fighting Stipe was fine as Stipe was a decorated champion and had the accolades to back it. Again these are all opinions and some forget that this is all it is.

Sure, you have to accept it.

My opinion is that title shots should be decided based on recent results, not on overall career status. Fuck all of these immediate rematches as well, even Silva didn't deserve his shot at Weidman.

It is what it is, in the end it's a pretty unfortunate opinion to have as a current day UFC fan because they're going in a completely different direction.

Sure, you have to accept it.

My opinion is that title shots should be decided based on recent results, not on overall career status. Fuck all of these immediate rematches as well, even Silva didn't deserve his shot at Weidman.

It is what it is, in the end it's a pretty unfortunate opinion to have as a current day UFC fan because they're going in a completely different direction.

This has always been the UFC, it is just that it is Sherdogs bugaboo in Jones. Conor has had multiple fights based on his popularity. GSP fought Bisping based on his popularity, no one said a thing. But GSP was a more lked fighter. The list goes on

It has always been about money and revenue for the UFC, its just this time it is the hated villain. This was a money fight and one billed as two greats colliding, thus the reason Dana and the UFC do not want to strip for inactivity and injury.

There is no different direction, this has always been their direction. There is only one difference.

But it was and you have to accept that. You also have to accept that this is your opinion. Many thought it was the logical next step. Aspinall was nowhere to be found and had lost to Blaydes, so the only person next in line was Sergei who was the stand in.

So you are saying he should of fought Sergei. I say fighting Stipe was fine as Stipe was a decorated champion and had the accolades to back it up, and a fight jones wanted. If Stipe couldnt fight Jones, then Sergei would have been the fill in.

Again these are all opinions and some forget that this is all it is.
Oh man, if only there was some history or some kind of past to pull from where fights that get booked and then fall through often don't get booked again because shit has happened since then. I mean, if that was a pretty regular thing to happen in MMA, then man, I bet some critics would really be able to make you look foolish.

But what has making you look foolish ever accomplished. You just do it all on your own all the time, like a man who's never owned a mirror

Oh man, if only there was some history or some kind of past to pull from where fights that get booked and then fall through often don't get booked again

If you had that history you would have mentioned it.

Also, What the fuck does that have to do with this case of Jones and Stipe being rebooked because of an injury. Why would a supposed history of something be a determination of something not happening. You make no fucking sense. Things happen, it is what the fuck it is,

You gotta be the dumbest poster on here. Also where are those critics and are you not up to snuff to do it. You wrote nothing kid.

Last edited:
Any scenario where a champion chooses a 3+ year inactive far past his prime fighter over an interim champ on his prime displaying incredible talent should be criticized. Especially when the division is being held up and said person is historically extremely inactive.

Idgaf if Jon wants his money fight again Stipe. Go ham. I just don't like the division being held up and the refusal to unify. And honestly, I just think the match up is shit. A complete wash of a fight and a waste of everyone's time.

They all been waiting over 14 years for Jones to lose. The hate is more salt than any MMA fighter in history.
Think about that. That's the age of having a kid and already being a grown teenager.
All those years of pent up rage and anger towards Goat Jones.
So they will use any excuse to dismiss Jones and claims he ducks.

Jones can claim the sky is blue and haters will say no it's Teal.

Bless GOAT Jones.

Any scenario where a champion chooses a 3+ year inactive far past his prime fighter over an interim champ on his prime displaying incredible talent should be criticized. Especially when the division is being held up and said person is historically extremely inactive.

Idgaf if Jon wants his money fight again Stipe. Go ham. I just don't like the division being held up and the refusal to unify. And honestly, I just think the match up is shit. A complete wash of a fight and a waste of everyone's time.
Did you mention all this during Conor's run?

Did you mention all this during Conor's run?
Problem is the atrocious posters in here. It is common sense and a little research and pragmatism.

If you look at the issue objectively Jones did not chose Stipe over Tom Aspinall. The fight was already booked before tom was actually in the picture. That is the fact. Now they want Jones to break a contract/agreement to fight Tom over Stipe.

I can understand when they say they do not want to see the fight and want jones to break his agreement and fight Tom, that is logical, but the foolishness written here is ridiculous.

Why the fuck is everyone having such a hard time with this Jon Jones situation...

Its not hard

Jones was the undefeated LHW champion and king...he moved up to HW and destroyed the last title challenger in Gane in under 20 seconds..the same Gane the last HW champion needed 5 rounds to beat...

Jones then wanted to fight Stipe who was the longest reigning HW champion when you consider number of title defenses... And was champion before Ngannou he even beat Ngannou the first time around...with a clinic of type performance after starting off rough...

Unfortunately Jones got injured and the fight that was signed to happen between Stipe and Jones was sidelined ..

The UFC in haste to save a PPV card decided to make a interim title fight with two random Contenders in which tom aspinall won and won impressively..

With all that said .. Jones is still the real champion and there is absolutely no reason he shouldn't fight Stipe next as arranged before the injury and then fight Tom...Tom is there for unification bout and that will happen for sure for his next fight...however... he's next fight isnt Jones...it cant be ...because the Stipe fight is the fight on the table for both Jones and Stipe...they both want it and both have major historical presence in the sport vs "interim" champion Aspinall...

Quite simply put...Tom Aspinall and his fans need to be quiet for abit as the Grown ups/ Big kids ( Jones and Stipe) are talking and playing first...you dont have the strength of schedule.. opponent or historical dominance to be posturing for a fight ahead of Jones vs Stipe...plus Tom has the golden ticket with the interim title no matter what the dude will be fighting for the real title in his next fight...

It is what it is - Max Holloway would agree..so should you
Tom has the Interim title, so you should stfu.
Jones beat Gane to win his title, so he isn’t any more of a “real” champ than Tom is.

Back