Am i missing something?

You are so un-objective, and such a big Jones fan, which I did not realise untill this unhinged drivel you just wrote, that this debate is a waste of time.

Just out of curiosity - how many years would you accept Jon and Stipe to wait for eachother to be ready to fight?
The entire debate was a waste of time when you curds began talking about what a fighter should do.

It is not un-objective, it is asinine and ridiculous. If you want Jones stripped that is fine but do not come on here and lie. Aspinall was not even a top 4 division fighter when Jones and Stipe signed that Contract. He was behind Blaydes, Gane and Sergei. His loss to Blaydes put him behind Blaydes.

It is odd how entitled men on sherdog think their entitled to tell a fighter what fight is relevant and what is not. Imagine the entitlement one would need to actually push such a comment. It is akin to saying your opinion on why a fight is worthy is irrelevant and mine is relevant. There are so many nuances to why people fight other fighters and legacy and position is one of many.

What fighter in the UFC or MMA has ever broken a contractual agreement because of an interim belt holder wanting it broken because he is now holding the belt. Who has done that and why would jones be any different from other fighters making contractual agreements. It is a shame he got injured but that is the fight game, it happens. Dana did not want to strip jones because of the injury so that is the reality you have to deal with.

It is so dumb I cannot even fathom it. Tom can wait or go fight Blaydes and or bug Dana about it.

Last edited:
It is odd how little entitled children on sherdog think their entitled to tell a fighter what fight is relevant and what is not. Imagine the entitlement one would need to actually push such a comment.

Lol what a pompous ass comment.

The paying customers are exactly who is going to tell UFC and the fighters, who and what fights are relevant.

Get a clue.

Lol what a pompous ass comment.

The paying customers are exactly who is going to tell UFC and the fighters and fights are relevant.

Get a clue.

You do not get to tell anyone anything and that comment showcases that said entitlement. The UFC and or the fighters are the ones who dictate that and you sit on your couch and watch it.

It is funny you talk about paying customers.

Stipe has a larger fanbase and media base than Aspinall and a larger paying fanbase. Just because you sherdogs want to see it does not mean the rest of the paying customer base does not want to see Jones vs Stipe.

Again more entitlement from spoiled fans on sherdog.

Last edited:
You do not get to tell anyone anything and that comment showcases that said entitlement. The UFC and or the fighters are the ones who dictate that and you sit on your couch and watch it.

Is that why every PPV sells the exact same? Why every UFC show draws the same amount of viewers?

You're a sad, angry clown, who just wants the mean Jon comments to stop, at any cost.

Learn prize fighting.

Is that why every PPV sells the exact same?

You're a clown.

Learn prize fighting.

I know what prize fighting is and I also know what entitlement is and that is what I am reading on here. Again it is up to the fighters and organization who they fight.

Last edited:
TS cites "strength of schedule" as one of the reasons for the Jones vs. Miocic fight to happen. Both have fought 1 in three years while Tom has fought 6 times. So much for you trying to validate your bullshit opinion.

We get it, you want to fap to Stipe and Jon going at it. Doesn't mean everyone should. Some fans actually care about the legitimacy of belts and champs, we grew out of pro wrestling nonsense decades ago.

But please, keep trying to justify how Stipe is a more worthy title contender. It's hilarious watching people make fools of themselves. It's a farce of a fight, and you know it.

I know what it is and I also know what entitlement is and that is what I am reading on here. Again it is up to the fighters and organization who they fight.

iu

Lol.

Yes, the fighters and the promotion choose who they fight. That's not what we're talking about

We are talking about who choose what fights are meaningful, relevant, and draw money.

The fans decide that, with their wallets. As much as they try, the UFC cannot control that.

The truth is you're not trying to have a discussion, and you're not worth this response.
You're upset and want to end this discussion with shame, insults and telling fans to shut up and eat it, because they don't matter.

so fo/ky

iu

Lol.

Yes, the fighters and the promotion choose who they fight. That's not what we're talking about

We are talking about who choose what fights are meaningful, relevant, and draw money.

The fans decide that, with their wallets. As much as they try, the UFC cannot control that.

The truth is you're not trying to have a discussion, and you're not worth this response.
You're upset and want to end this discussion with shame, insults and telling fans to shut up and eat it, because they don't matter.

The comment is ridiculous, how can you tell what fights are meaningful to fighters and what is relevant.

It is comical.

You said we fans tell fighters who and what fights are relevant. That was the comment you made and that is false. You do not tell fighters what fight is relevant and meaningful to them.

You then go on a tangent and add what fights make money and so on, but relevance and what fight is relevant is not about money.

You are wasting my time.

Jones absolutely SUCKS

The comment is ridiculous, how can you tell what fights are meaningful to fighters and what are relevant.

Numbers.

Like live gate, ppv buys, tv ratings, money earned, ect.

That's how you tell.

Learn prize fighting.

JJ can tell himself beating up Matt Hughes is the most important match-up in his life, and he can truly believe it.. That fight don't matter to anybody else.

Numbers.

Like live gate, ppv buys, tv ratings, money earned, ect.

That's how you tell.

Learn prize fighting.

JJ can tell himself beating up Matt Hughes is the most important match-up in his life, and he can truly believe it.. That fight don't matter to anybody else.
I think you should learn what you are saying. Reread it again.

That has nothing to do with relevance and what is relevant. Fighting Jake Paul makes fighters a lot of money, it does not make it relevant. I do not know how you do not know it is a contradiction.

You do not tell them what fight is meaningful. You may mean popular or make more money but that is not the same as relevant.

The entire debate was a waste of time when the thread was written and you curds began talking about what a fighter should do.

It is not un-objective, it is asinine and ridiculous. If you want Jones stripped that is fine but do not come on here and lie. Aspinall was not even a top 4 division fighter when Jones and Stipe signed that Contract. He was behind Blaydes, Gane and Sergei. His loss to Blaydes put him behind Blaydes.

It is odd how little entitled children on sherdog think their entitled to tell a fighter what fight is relevant and what is not. Imagine the entitlement one would need to actually push such a comment. It is akin to saying your opinion on why a fight is worthy is irrelevant and mine is relevant. There are so many nuances to why people fight other fighters and legacy and position is one of many.

What fighter in the UFC or MMA has ever broken a contractual agreement because of an interim belt holder wanting it broken because he is now holding the belt. Who has done that and why would jones be any different from other fighters making contractual agreements. It is a shame he got injured but that is the fight game, it happens. Dana did not want to strip jones because of the injury so that is the reality you have to deal with.

It is so dumb I cannot even fathom it. Tom can wait or go fight Blaydes and or bug Dana about it.
Haha bro you are completely unhinged. You are aware that Jones is trying to set up a fight with Alex Pereira instead of Aspinall, right? Which makes all your arguments invalid.

Again - How many years would you be ok with Jon and Stipe to wait for each other to get ready to fight?

Last edited:
"why should Jones cut the agreement for Aspinall,"

Because aspinal is the interrim champ.
Because Stipe lost his right to fight for a championship when he had 4 fights in 6 years, and lost 2 of them.
Because the fight with Stipe was a choice taken to fight an opponent that is old, and losing 50% of his recent fights.
Because Jon vs Stipe is no longer relevant. No matter who wins, there will either be a rematch, or they will probably both retire. Leaving us with a new HW champ that never beat the "real" HW champ.

This write-up is 4 months old, so add 4 months more to anything said -

"Since there has been a lot of talk recently as Tom has been voicing his displeasure with Stipe refusing to fight him, I decided to check into some things and found some interesting facts that put into perspective just how long Stipe has been inactive.

So, since the last time Stipe Miocic fought:

1.) Francis Ngannou defended his title against Gane, had major knee surgery, sat out over a year, signed with a different promotion, boxed Tyson Fury, and will now box AJ.

2.) Derrick Lewis fought 8 times. Kevin Holland fought 9 times.

3.) Alex Pereira made his UFC debut, won a belt, lost the belt, changed divisions, and won a belt again.

4.) Gregor Gillespie fought.

And finally, Stipe’s last win was August 15,2020 (1,255 days ago). At that time, the following fighters had not yet made their UFC debut:

Alex Periera, Jailton Almeida, Shavkat Rakhmanov, Benoit Saint Denis, Ian Garry..

Jiri Prochazka and Tom Aspinall made their debut the month before Stipe’s last win.

As of now, we know that Stipe declined to fight Tom at UFC 300 in April. Jones is out for several more months, at minimum, so it seems as if Stipe will end up getting his title fight in the summer, at the soonest.

At that point, he will be over 4 years without a win and will have one of the longest periods of inactivity prior to a title shot in the history of the UFC. What is everyone’s opinion on how this should be handled by the UFC?"

The following fighters have more recent wins than Stipe:

Khabib, Rumble Johnson, Fedor, Brian Ortega, Gregor Gillespie, Kevin Lee, TJ Dillishaw, Uriah Hall

Brutal stat.

Haha bro you are completely unhinged. You are aware that Jones is trying to set up a fight with Alex Pereira instead of Stipe, right? Which makes all your arguments invalid.

Again - How many years would you be ok with Jon and Stipe to wait for each other to get ready to fight?

No, You mean he wants Periera after Stipe. Dana stated he wants Alex and not Tom, so that would be after Stipe.

Also, who jones wants to fight is not my business. If he wants to fight Luke Skywalker then that is his business. I do not have a hard on for who jones wants to fight. He is fighting Stipe when it gets back and wants a possible superfight with Alex, so that is up to him. Life is a tough place and sometimes people do not get what they want. You have to live with it.

I also do not understand why you care how long we should wait for Jones and Stipe to fght. When jones gets healthy they can fight or Dana can strip jones for his injury. At the end of the day Tom can still fight the rest of the HW division. How long do I wait for my boss to come back to work does not mean I do not go to work and make money, when he is gone.

No, You mean he wants Periera after Stipe. Dana stated he wants Alex and not Tom, so that would be after Stipe.

Also, who jones wants to fight is not my business. If he wants to fight Luke Skywalker then that is his business. I do not have a hard on for who jones wants to fight. He is fighting Stipe when it gets back and wants a possible superfight with Alex, so that is up to him. Life is a tough place and sometimes people do not get what they want. You have to live with it.

I also do not understand why you care how long we should wait for Jones and Stipe to fght. When jones gets healthy they can fight or Dana can strip jones for his injury. At the end of the day Tom can still fight the rest of the HW division. How long do I wait for my boss to come back to work does not mean I do not go to work and make money, when he is gone.
Yes, that was what I ment. Which still makes all your arguemnts invalid besides -"Jon can do what he wants whaaaaaaa Whaaaaa"

And that was quite the non-answer you gave there.

The following fighters have more recent wins than Stipe:

Khabib, Rumble Johnson, Fedor, Brian Ortega, Gregor Gillespie, Kevin Lee, TJ Dillishaw, Uriah Hall

Brutal stat.

Stipe was beaten by Cormier and Ngannou in those years. None of those men mentioned and the fighters they fought are beating Ngannou or Cormier and I include Khabib in that. They are fighting puppies compared to the animals that Stipe fought.

I can have recent stats of beating little ballerinas, it does not make it better than someone losing to a beast and champion. I understand that Stipe has been inactive but that is the fight that was contractually agreed upon. It is what it is and you have to live with it.

Last edited:
Yes, that was what I ment. Which still makes all your arguemnts invalid besides -"Jon can do what he wants whaaaaaaa Whaaaaa"

And that was quite the non-answer you gave there.

You said he wanted Alex instead of Stipe which is false. Also how would anything you wrote make my argument or anything else invalid.

You need to better explain why an argument is false before we can give you an answer to that. I have no idea what you are talking about

What was invalid.

You said he wanted Alex instead of Stipe which is false. Also how would anything you wrote make my argument or anything else invalid.

You need to better explain why an argument is false before we can give you an answer to that. I have no idea what you are talking about

What was invalid.
And I said you were right, I said it wrong....He wants Alex after Stipe.

And if you do not understand why Jon wanting to fight middleweight/LHW Alex Pereira instead of the nr.1 ranked HW contender invalidates all your arguments, besides "Jon can do what he wants", I simply do not have the ability to make you understand it.

What did I ask you twice? What did you not answer twice? - How many years would you be ok with Jon and Stipe waiting to fight?

Back