Alvarez vs Conor BJJ

Conor's brown belt is from the same cereal Cigano and Rashad got their black belt.

i don't get this bullshit.

you think JDS and rashad aren't legit on the ground? why? i know rashad got it as an honor, but i'll bet you can put him in a grappling match with any non-elite BJJ competitor and he won't have any issues. he's a good wrestler with tons of experience and he's shown some very good top game in his fights. he will mop the floor with any regular black belt, easily.

hell, i can't stand conor and i know he is a legit brown belt. the problem is the competition he's facing is better than brown belt level.

I'm thinking about betting some money on Conor submitting Eddie Alvarez. It would be a surprise attack from Conor's side and I doubt Eddie would see it coming.

Go for it, you'll get great odds. You'll lose your money of course as it won't happen, there's no tapping by either of them in this fight.
Connor 0 wins by sub in 4 years and 1 sub loss in that time.
Alvarez 0 wins by sub in 6 years and 1 sub loss in that time.

They're both brown belts, only Conor has it longer so he's probably better at Jiu Jitsu.

I'm thinking about betting some money on Conor submitting Eddie Alvarez. It would be a surprise attack from Conor's side and I doubt Eddie would see it coming.
Conor doesn't need BJJ, the only part of this "fight" that will take place on the ground is when Eddie's lifeless corpse hits the canvas.

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if Conor was as good or better than Eddie at BJJ. People who are only going off the first Nate fight often forget that it's difficult to defend against a legit black belt when you are already half knocked out.
Mind you he did well against Nate in the first round of the fight. Nate caught a kick and took him down, but Conor swept him and finished the round on top.
Conor's BJJ is not only underrated (imo), but also unorthodox. I bet he has some not-very-widely-known-but-certainly-effective moves up his sleeve xD

Conor via Heel Hook

1) loling hard at Eddie scream xD "AAAGH!"
2) Aoki is a bastard who cranks hard on submissions in an attempt to end his opponents' career. I'm glad Eddie KTFOd him later.
3) War Conor!

cropped_GettyImages-513970772.jpg

Maia would rape him.
You sure? I'd honestly find this match entertaining as fuck and think both guys have tricks up their sleeve the other won't see coming... what I'm worried about is that Khabib would rather stand and beat him up while avoiding takedowns... making it a crappy striking fight...

You sure? I'd honestly find this match entertaining as fuck and think both guys have tricks up their sleeve the other won't see coming... what I'm worried about is that Khabib would rather stand and beat him up while avoiding takedowns... making it a crappy striking fight...
Do you think Khabib can avoid his takedowns? I don't. Size does matter, especially in Grappling. Who is the best grappler/wrestler Khabib has ever competed against in the cage? Maia is much bigger and has competed and had success against much bigger top-notch competition.

maia would likely be able to take him down and once that happens it's done. and if he couldn't, he could pull guard and sweep.

khabib is awesome but maia is just a shitty matchup for him.

Back