Alvarez is on the Prelims

To put it simply...

Any UFCxxx card, like 211 for example, needs a big main event slot. Then the co main needs to be good too. And then the third fight has to have a big name. Alvarez deserves to be on a main card. He really does. Even for just being the guy that lost the lightweight belt to Conor alone he deserves that spot.

He does.

I'm really indifferent if he is on PPV or not. He has a case being the LW Champion up until 6 months ago and then I seen the comment where someone said it was a demotion of sorts because of how the Conor fight played out. I'd be alarmed if he kicked up a fuss that he wasn't on the PPV card as it seems all he cares about is getting back in there - he doesn't need distractions like that, imo.

A win over Poirier and he might have Ferguson calling him out for a fight for the interim belt. I don't think Diaz is going to take that fight. Nurmagomedov will be doing Ramadan soon, so Ferguson might be running out of options.

I just think getting back on track is his main priority. I take it you're from the UK and a fan so time wise, him fighting earlier in the morning is peachy.

Back